[MOD] (Alpha 2) Custom weapons

Started by EarthyTurtle, November 13, 2013, 11:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarthyTurtle

Description:
Replaces original weapons textures with new one.

Mod Team:

Download:

Screens:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:
I'm a huge fan of the game thus far :), spent most every day playing since the release. But like most games if you play it over and over you eventually need a break. So to give myself a break from the game I decided to do some fan graphics. It's fun, I enjoy doing it. You never know, later down the track if the game's graphics do become externalized/editable I might be able to put them to use. :D

Produno

These look pretty good! I look forward to seeing more ;).

edit*
Now I see theirs a mod forum, these should probably be moved to there.

Galileus

These look absolutely great. I'm thinking about doing pre-rendered tileset in future, but it'd definitely not in a near future ;)

EarthyTurtle

Just added the T9 Incendiary Launcher. May work on the grenades and Molotov next. :P

Thank you both, I actually didn't see the mod section before now. Not sure it would count though as this doesn't alter the game. Never mind, it appears to count :D.

Wopian

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Rathlord

No way to add these currently other than recompiling or unobfuscating code or some such?

Also: Heya TinnedEpic. Remember me? =P

Tynan

Quote from: Rathlord on November 13, 2013, 04:45:28 PM
No way to add these currently other than recompiling or unobfuscating code or some such?

Modding is coming.

Rathlord

Huzzah!

Much like Dwarf Fortress, this seems like a fantastic game for modding. So much potential for awesome things. Will modding be done with C# or UnityScript, or will something like Lua be hooked in? I've not actually dealt with any modding before in conjunction with Unity.

Tynan

Quote from: Rathlord on November 13, 2013, 06:33:51 PM
Huzzah!

Much like Dwarf Fortress, this seems like a fantastic game for modding. So much potential for awesome things. Will modding be done with C# or UnityScript, or will something like Lua be hooked in? I've not actually dealt with any modding before in conjunction with Unity.

Most likely you'll be making content (images/sounds) and hooking them in with XML files that define objects and events. If we get more advanced you'll be able to compile C# assemblies that the game will load at runtime to add extra functionality.

Wopian

Quote from: Tynan on November 13, 2013, 06:44:41 PM
Huzzah!

Most likely you'll be making content (images/sounds) and hooking them in with XML files that define objects and events. If we get more advanced you'll be able to compile C# assemblies that the game will load at runtime to add extra functionality.

W
Roughly when could we see this (fully) functioning?

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Tynan

Quote from: Wopian on November 13, 2013, 07:00:34 PM
Quote from: Tynan on November 13, 2013, 06:44:41 PM
Huzzah!

W
Roughly when could we see this (fully) functioning?

No idea. Hopefully by end of January.

Rathlord

EarthyTurtle

Thank you all. I was so hooked on making graphics I ended up staying up till 6am doing it >.<, I ran out of good ideas for the molotov so I'm going to revisit that when I get inspiration.

Quote from: Tynan on November 13, 2013, 01:57:07 PM
These look awesome!
Thank you so much :D. Actually Tynan I know this is not the place but I got a small question. Will the forums be supporting [spoiler][/spoiler] tags in the future? I'm just curious.

Quote from: Rathlord on November 13, 2013, 04:45:28 PM

Not as far as I know. From what I've seen of the code and files of rimworld all the graphics are internal.
And hey Rath! I sure do. How's it going? It's a bit weird though seeing you without your obscene post count and lack of moderator tag. :P

Edit: Well since Rhodes helpful post in finding rimworld resources I might just be able to texture pack these up :D

NephilimNexus

Quote from: Tynan on November 13, 2013, 06:44:41 PMMost likely you'll be making content (images/sounds) and hooking them in with XML files that define objects and events. If we get more advanced you'll be able to compile C# assemblies that the game will load at runtime to add extra functionality.

Oh good!  I was hoping to see more stuff put into noob-friendly XML files for easy editing!  Thanks!