[A10/12] [MODLIST] yMods - Craftable Guns updated!

Started by Ykara, February 24, 2015, 04:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ykara

yMods - Small Vanilla Enhancements!

I've heard small mods are cool now, so here is my modlist! You may wonder what yMods are, so here is a short description: They are small vanilla friendly mods that fit the vanilla artstyle, game mechanics and everything else that has to do with vanilla. I wanted to improve RimWorld without destroying the vanilla atmosphere. I hope you like my mods, feel free to suggest something, I'm open for ideas!

[A10] Dustrats
Vanilla friendly!

Download:

As I looked through the outdated mods, I stumbled across some interesting ideas, one of them are the dustrats. So I decided to bring them back to Alpha 10!

Overview:
This mod simply adds a new friendly species of small animals to the game: The dustrats. They are basically boomrats, without the boom. They are the genetically unaltered version of these explosive rodents. I really like the idea, I think it's pretty cool to know where the boomrats come from. You can meet them in the arid shrubland, the temperate forest and the desert. That's it, have fun!

Credits:
lancer447- for the idea!

[A10] Medical Drinks 0.95
Vanilla friendly!

Download:

I've looked through the releases, but there was no mod that added drugs to cure illnesses - now there is one!
This mod is currently version 0.95 because I want to add some more features to the mod, but I haven't been able get it to work yet because of my non-existent C# skills.

Overview:
This mod adds the ability to brew medical drinks at the brewery. This drinks boost the users immune system (blood filtration) so he gets well again faster than without medication. They don't replace medicine, they support it. That's basically it, it's a very small mod, but I hope you like it!

Credits:
jabbamonkey - for the texture! I have just modified it a bit so it fits the mod better.

[A12] Craftable Guns 1.2
Vanilla friendly!

Download:

Hi guys, I just wanted to post a very small mod I've made for myself, maybe someone could like it.

Overview:
This mod adds the ability to craft guns at the smithing table. I don't use melee weapons very often and it bothered me that I could not craft guns on the smithing bench, so I created this mod. Now you can craft eight guns: Pistol, survival gun, shotgun, PDW, LMG, SMG, assault rifle and the sniper rifle. To craft better weapons you have to do extra research. It's pretty time-consuming to craft a gun, so it should be balanced. That's it, it isn't much but I think it improves the smithing table a lot.

Changelog:
1.21 - 20.6.2015
* Updated to Alpha 11

1.2  -  17.5.2015
*  Weapons now take much longer to craft
*  There are now unfinished guns if you want to take a break
*  Removed some unnecessary RecipeUsers

1.1  -  15.3.2015
*  Added the ability to craft much more weapons
*  Made a research project to unlock better guns
*  Crafting guns now requieres a higher skill level
*  Added RimWorld Launcher support

1.0  -  24.2.2015 
*  Craft pistols, survival guns and PDWs at the smithing table!

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Why not include late game weapons? Maybe you could make it so crafting those weapons requires research\reverse engineering, once one example has been acquired, and a high crafting skill requirement, maybe add some plasteel requirement. This way we would only be able to craft late game weapons late game, and just as a way to get better quality, because we will be swimming on them soon enough, just most of them will be really bad :)

Ykara

Quote from: 10001110 on February 27, 2015, 04:34:01 PM
Why not include late game weapons? Maybe you could make it so crafting those weapons requires research\reverse engineering, once one example has been acquired, and a high crafting skill requirement, maybe add some plasteel requirement. This way we would only be able to craft late game weapons late game, and just as a way to get better quality, because we will be swimming on them soon enough, just most of them will be really bad :)
I'll think about it, skill requirements are a good idea. I'm gonna work on this mod when I've finished the big EPOE update.

Ykara

Hey guys!
You won't believe it, but I updated this mod! There are now two new research projects to craft better weapons like the LMG or the sniper rifle! That's basically it. I've also added RW Launcher support.
Oh, and better weapons require a higher skill level to craft them.

nomedable

Looking at this mod I can't help but wonder, wouldn't the machining bench be a more suitable choice than the smithing table? Seeing as how firearms are composed of many small intricate parts that you can't make by heating metal and hitting it with a hammer, which is "smithing".

Ykara

Quote from: nomedable on March 15, 2015, 12:21:47 PM
Looking at this mod I can't help but wonder, wouldn't the machining bench be a more suitable choice than the smithing table? Seeing as how firearms are composed of many small intricate parts that you can't make by heating metal and hitting it with a hammer, which is "smithing".
I think the machining table should only be for mechanoids and that stuff. Also, I wanted to give the smithing table a purpose because I've never even built the table before adding the possibility to craft guns.

RemingtonRyder

Hey, just started using the mod today. Is there a way to have the recipes hidden from and then unlocked on more than one smithing bench? Winter Is Here has a clone of the smithing bench, and if I just add it to recipeUsers in the recipeDef, the advanced recipes aren't hidden from it.

Ykara

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 15, 2015, 12:29:49 PM
Hey, just started using the mod today. Is there a way to have the recipes hidden from and then unlocked on more than one smithing bench? Winter Is Here has a clone of the smithing bench, and if I just add it to recipeUsers in the recipeDef, the advanced recipes aren't hidden from it.
I used a dll for hiding the recipes (I've used Orions UnlockResearch.cs as a template). Just modify the assembly a little and it should work for your bench. The recipeUsers in the recipeDef is unnecessary, because the assembly tells the recipes where to appear.

RemingtonRyder

Well, I did that. But for whatever reason, it only seems to work on one smithing bench, not the other. So now, they are properly hidden on the kit-based smithing bench, but not on a regular smithing bench.

I think it could be because the method used assumes one recipe, one bench, but I'm guessing here.

Adamiks

Ykara i don't know why guns in my game need "work time 8" instead 500. In the def files they need more.

I also create the extra table. I add the texture (new), edited the defs and also "unlockrecipes.cs" but this still don't works. I have problem with research, because guns like pistol works.

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw7c5pmakj7k1pb/Craftable%20Guns.rar?dl=0

"I used a dll for hiding the recipes" Ok. I open the dll with the "resource hacker" and i see only version info.  What program you use for this?

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on March 17, 2015, 06:59:40 PM
Ykara i don't know why guns in my game need "work time 8" instead 500. In the def files they need more.

I also create the extra table. I add the texture (new), edited the defs and also "unlockrecipes.cs" but this still don't works. I have problem with research, because guns like pistol works.

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw7c5pmakj7k1pb/Craftable%20Guns.rar?dl=0

"I used a dll for hiding the recipes" Ok. I open the dll with the "resource hacker" and i see only version info.  What program you use for this?
Open it with ILSpy or just browse the source folder, there is a file called CraftableGuns.sln Just open it with Visual Studio, Sharp Develop or whatever you like and edit the UnlockResearch.cs.

Adamiks

I open the dll file with ILspy. I see more files than with the resource hacker, but i cannot edit them in ilspy. In CraftableGuns.sln there is nothing that is important. And i edited UnlockResearch.cs but this dll file is the key. I see the "smithingtable" lines but i cannot edit them.... And i don't wanna install visual studio because this takes like 8gb space.

RemingtonRyder

You can use something far more lightweight - check out MonoDevelop.

To actually edit and build a new DLL though you will need a couple of files from the game directory.

Adamiks

I think i'm just too stupid for this.... I'm out... Ykara if you wanna have this new bench you will need to edit this dll file for yourself.