Is there a list of Childhood/Adulthood skill offsets? (+character draft)

Started by Sacarathe, March 08, 2015, 07:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacarathe

I just installed the mod EdB Prepare Carefully - first mod i've tried and I see there is a list of all the Childhood/Adulthood backstories. I am a merc tier backer (kickstarter) and have yet to do it so far. So as to carefully avoid copying an existing Childhood/Adulthood skill offsets, is there a list elsewhere and more easily structured?

I see there are some duplicates in name, frankly that is perfectly fine with me, but duplicates in skill offset i'd like to avoid.

I didnt mean to hold off for so long, but now I get to see the last 4 skills in action.

I know we cant create traits but if we could I would love to have a negative trait: "excessive (compulsive) compassion" - certain types of problems affecting other colonists affect this person by reducing his/her movement speed. Perhaps something like -0.2% movement speed for every negative thought of every person, cumulatively, within 7 squares (not through walls). So if he was in the room with two people affect by -50 each, he would loose 20% of his movement speed.

EDIT: I dont really mind if I have the same story names as others though.

Character Draft:
A character who wants to help everyone but is woefully flawed when it comes to physical protection of things, self and others.

Childhood: Victim of Disease X
After spending much of their childhood incapacitated and in medi-care facilities, suffering *from X*, they developed a penchant for growing plants and observing doctors with breakfast in bed.

Adulthood: Messiah Complex
In their late teens a dying intergalactic faith healer cured their incapacitation and they set out on a path to help others. Unfortunately their withered anatomy prohibits rendering assistance.

Childhood:.Adulthood:..Skill Totals:
+1 Social+1 ConstructionConstruction4
+1 Shooting+6 MedicineGrowing7*
-3 Melee+2 SocialResearch0
+3 Growing+1 GrowingMining-
+1 Crafting-3 ResearchShooting4
+1 MedicinePassion for Medicine.Melee0
Passion for artIncapable:Social6
Passion for growingFirefightingCooking3**
Burning passion for cookingMining (-3)Medicine10*
Plant cuttingArtistic3*
HaulingCrafting4

Bugh, enough tables, the incapable of plant cutting is from childhood.

Tynan

The data is embedded in the unity resources; if you really want at it you should be able to extract is using a tool. But we don't support this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Sacarathe