Storage set to specific quality not working as expected

Started by Trish42, May 21, 2015, 08:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trish42

Hi there, huge fan of RimWorld, thouroughly enjoying the game :)

Playing v.10f (no mods) for some time now and noticed there's some problems with stockpiles and equipment racks.

While the quality filter works like a charm for apparel (great addition to the game!), it seems like it's not working as expected for art. I have a stockpile set to accept only art good-legendary quality (preffered), but all quality art gets dumped there. I have another stockpile set to the opposite, as well as a stockpile to accept all quality art.

Also had a major weapons rack problem. Tried to set up a nice new armory close to the battlements, built a couple of eqipment racks to hold only ranged weapons on critical setting, I had other equipment racks set to default in another room and they stopped accepting melee weapons altogether. Stockpiles also wouldn't accept them - "no empty place configured to store it". Tried to meddle with quality and preference settings on the racks but only deconstructing them seems to have worked to allow my stockpiles and other racks to start accepting melee weapons again.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Panzer

Stockpiles dont update instantly since a few alphas back.
That means there is a short duration, like a few seconds, where anything might go there; or you set a stockpile up to your liking and cant haul stuff there instantly.

That being said, this bug is real (the art one), just reproduced it :P

Even works the other way round, if you have a zone with art in it and then change the quality so it wouldnt allow said art anymore, the art wont be and cant be hauled to zones that would allow it.

Tynan

Wow, you're right. Art by quality doesn't work. Thanks for reporting!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog