[MOD] (Alpha 2) Blacksmith's Workplace (Superseded)

Started by Haplo, February 26, 2014, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Have you turned them on in the game menu?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Haplo on March 02, 2014, 03:47:15 AM
Quote from: Psyckosama on March 01, 2014, 05:42:32 PM
I've been playing with this mod and have made a modded version of the mod in order to help teach myself how to mod. I'd like to ask permission to share it.

Feel free to share your version.
Personally I like to see what you've done with my base. :D

Okay, my changes are I don't like the metal bars. I think they're a needless extra step so I didn't use them.

Smelting metal now takes a skill of 3, as it someone unskilled messing with metal like that would probably hurt themselves. I've also lowered the metal output to keep it from being too easy a source of materials.

Breaking down guns is now divided into 3 categories.

Archaic Small Arms, like the pistol and SMG. This nets only 10 metal and need three skill to break down.

Archaic Long Arms, which are any bullet firing full sized gun. Everything from the Shotgun and Lee-Enfield to the M16 and M24. 20 metal, also 3 skill as its no more complicated, it just nets more metal and takes longer.

Energy weapons net 20 metal, 5 uranium (from the power cell) and require a skill of 7 because stripping those power cells is tricky.

Frags net 15 metal and take a skill of 5 because of all that mucking about with explosives.

Molotovs don't need any skill, but also don't give you anything. Considering they're just rags stuffed in a bottle of acceleratant, it's pretty much you're dumping the fuel and throwing out the bottle.

The reason for nerfing it a bit was later in the game guns were netting me MASSIVE amounts of materials. I might actually lower the uranium for each energy weapon to 1 or 2 per as in combo with my nuclear reactor mod it gets pretty gross.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

keylocke

Haplo

Sorry for not answering to your post. I was a bit busy building the next evolution of the Blacksmith's Workplace :)
But... you wouldn't think it takes this long to draw one d**** table, so that it looks at least remotely good...  ???

I'll try to take a look into your mod tomorrow. Right now I am just driving on autopilot and am not really awake enough for anything more.. So, tomorrow...  ;)

Thoranius

I did notice one tidbit while playtesting this mod today. When smetling the slag into bars, (step 1), the crafter seems to gain no experience. Was this perchance intentional, or merely overlooked?

Haplo

As far as I know that's a bug that will be fixed in the next alpha version.
Sorry but I don't think there is anything I can do about it :(

Thoranius

Aye, I noticed that crafting stone blocks gives crafting experience, but cooking meals doesn't give cooking experience. Might be a bug in the new bill system.