[MOD] (Alpha 2) E-Hydroponics

Started by WorldOfIllusion, February 28, 2014, 09:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorldOfIllusion

E-Hydroponics

Description:
This really simple mod adds two extra hydroponics benches that grow agave and berries rather than potatoes (which you can build after researching 'advanced hydroponics').

Features:
  • new research 'advanced hydroponics'
  • hydroponics benches that grow berries and agave

Mod Team:
Download:

Screens:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:
  • Ideally this would be done using a system like adding an infinite bill to a hydroponics basin dictating what crop type to grow, but this current solution is much easier to implement.
  • Currently agave isn't automatically harvested, must instead be harvested by user order.

Changelog:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

dbltap441

Aelia

It appears that they do not auto-harvest the Agave upon maturity. Is this something fixable? (Or am I just experiencing a bug?)

WorldOfIllusion

Quote from: Aelia on March 01, 2014, 03:35:01 PM
It appears that they do not auto-harvest the Agave upon maturity. Is this something fixable? (Or am I just experiencing a bug?)

It appears you are right, seems you might have to order agave to be harvested.
Will look into why more today, but from the definition for the plants can't see what would be causing it. Might be that agave is coded to not be auto collected by the AI, in which case I don't know if I can change that.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Architect

It shouldn't be, colonists will harvest agave from potted plants automatically if left idol on plant cutting and farming for long enough...
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

WorldOfIllusion

Might I ask what you are doing to get colonists to plant agave in the plant pots? Also, are you sure that they are actually harvesting it (without a user ordering them to), not just replanting it when it has died?

Architect

Ah, no I'm not sure is my honest answer :P That may be the case then
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Aelia

Quote from: WorldOfIllusion on March 01, 2014, 06:00:26 PM
Quote from: Aelia on March 01, 2014, 03:35:01 PM

It appears you are right, seems you might have to order agave to be harvested.
Will look into why more today, but from the definition for the plants can't see what would be causing it. Might be that agave is coded to not be auto collected by the AI, in which case I don't know if I can change that.

Yeah, my guess was that it was something in the way the different plants are treated. Berry bushes in the wild and the planted strawberry bushes may be different items, so when you plant the cultivated strawberries it's different than the Agave, which is always wild... or... something. (I'm not sure I'm explaining it well.)

Anyway, it's not a huge deal to harvest it for now, but longer-term it's something to be aware of, I suppose?

Vas

Why not just make it so people can choose what they want to grow from a single table?  Rather than flooding the build menus with more items.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

WorldOfIllusion

because that's a lot harder to implement. Ideally, that's how rimworld would implement hydroponics by itself, without that, ideally this mod would do that instead. However, i'm not sure with the current systems if it is possible to use a mod to make a hydroponics bench where you can choose what gets grown there.

AcDie

WorldOfIllusion

looks very nice  :D
Hope to see it up as a mod shortly.

AcDie

Port growing zone menu to table imposible...
Quote from: Tynan on March 02, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
Oh, yeah, that won't work. You can't fix that. It's deep in the code. It would require a lot of coding to change that. Sorry.