[MOD] (Alpha 7) Workplaces (1.7.0 / 01.10.2014)

Started by Haplo, March 03, 2014, 05:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Workplaces

Discontinued as of alpha 8
As alpha 8 comes with everything my workplace provided, I'll discontinue this mod.
If someone wants to use anything out of it, feel free to do, what ever you want.
Credits aren't needed anymore.

Description:
This mod is the evolution of my first mod 'Blacksmith's Workplace'. It implements all the original functionality and expands on it.
It has two workplaces: The original Blacksmith's Workplace and the newly created Weaponsmith's Workplace.
To use the second you must first read the book 'Weapon construction for dummies'. If you've done this already, there is a whole new world of weapon creation that awaits you..

Warranty: Single functions may need a higher understanding of crafting to be accessible.

Blacksmith's Workplace:
-Smelt Metal into Metal Bars
-Smelt Weapons into Metal Bars
-Forge Metal Bars into Metal

Weaponsmith's Workplace:
-Needs research
-Build Weapons out of Metal Bars

Mod Team:

Download:
Workplaces 1.7.0
or

Addons:
Caution: All addons need the main mod and their third party mod to be active to work!
Workplaces 1.6.0 - Addon for Project Armory 2.13

Screens:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Credits:
Thanks to the work of scatterlogical there is now a version compatible to Project Armory.

Notes:
If you want to use and expand on this mod, please feel free to do as you see fit.
If you have time, leave me a small notice so I can take a look into what wonders you created with it..  ;)

I did my best to balance these properly, so they fit seemlesly into the base game.
If you think there should be something corrected, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Changelog:

(Version 1.7.0)
-Update to Alpha 7

(Version 1.6.0)
-Update to Alpha 6
-Update PA extension to 2.13

(Version 1.5.7)
-Fixed M-24 crafting problem
  Thx to Orreborreman

(Version 1.5.6)
-Added Language-Support
-Added de-DE
-Updated PA extension to 2.11

(Version 1.5.5)
-Update to RimWorld - Alpha 5

(Version 1.5.2)
-Error fixing

(Version 1.5.1)
-Update to RimWorld - Alpha 4F

(Version 1.5.0)
-Update to RimWorld - Alpha 4
  (Removed the Smelt SlagDebries option, since it's now in the vanilla game available)
-Added Extension for Project Armory 2.06

(Version 1.4.4)
-Corrected a Problem in the PA-Version.
   Updated only the PA-Version.

(Version 1.4.3)
-Added smelting and dismantling of:
    Pump Gun, Molotov, Bows
-On special request added version without uranium as requirement
-Added Project Armory compatible version thanks to scatterlogical

(Version 1.4.2)
-Added Minigun and LMG (crafting 12 and 11)
-Changed experience gains

(Version 1.4.1)
Update to RimWorld - Alpha 3
Some Bugfixing

(Version 1.3)
This Mod implements and expands on my previous mod 'Blacksmith's Workspace X+', which isn't needed any longer.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

AcDie

Evul

Haplo

Thanks, I tried to make it as minimal invasive as possible but still make adding new weapons rather easy.
Right now adding a new weapon is a work of 30s... + 2 hours to try to find the most ballanced implemention ;-)))

Hmm, ballancing.. I did reduce the output of metal bars a bit as it seems to be a bit too easy to get metal using the blacksmith workplace.
On this note I made the weapons a bit harder to obtain, too. Especially as the constructing doesn't give experience yet.
So I'd like to have your oppinion: Is it too hard, or is it's ok like it is? What do you think?

AcDie

Yap, balancing is pain (you know where)... Also i think someone will ask you add 1 moar table (points to Evul)

Haplo

What kind of table? A second weaponsmith table especially for project armory? Or something else?

As long as I have time, I can do a bit additional work without a problem :)

AcDie

Quote from: Haplo on March 04, 2014, 01:11:52 PM
What kind of table? A second weaponsmith table especially for project armory? Or something else?

As long as I have time, I can do a bit additional work without a problem :)
I don't think that PA needs 1 more table, better use yours (aka cross-modding). I'm think he'll contact you if decided something. :-X  (Still keep silence)

Haplo

No problem. If you need me, you know my number.  8)

SlayR

Damn... I wanted to make a weapon bench. Guess i have to figure out something else to work on.

Evul

AcDie is right :p
If you have time or I have time. ^^
I can provide you the code for the weapons making the weapons in PA constructable. :)

Clwebb

The weapons workplace does not appear....  :(

AcDie

Quote from: Evul on March 04, 2014, 04:19:55 PM
I can provide you the code for the weapons making the weapons in PA constructable. :)
I was talking not about this :P (Pssst, wires-wires)

Haplo

Quote from: Clwebb on March 04, 2014, 08:44:18 PM
The weapons workplace does not appear....  :(
It sounds like you didn't do your research :)
It'll be available if you 'read the book'  (research weapon crafting).

Quote from: Evul on March 04, 2014, 04:19:55 PM
AcDie is right :p
If you have time or I have time. ^^
If you have something, you know where to find me  8) ;)

Haplo

Just a short update:
As I've seen Tynan released the textures he used in RimWorld.
I thought that is rather nice as now anyone can take them and do his own modifications.
So.. As I don't need them anymore, I thought I can provide my Textures from Workplaces too.
Maybe someone could use them  :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

DarkXess

Thanks for posting your release. Please update your release post with our download links too :)

You can find our mirror here: