[MOD] (Alpha 6) MedBed 1.4

Started by Kirid, March 24, 2014, 03:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirid

MedBed

Description:
Adds 2 medical beds.
The basic is uncomfortable and cheap, but heals much faster than a normal bed.
The advanced medbed requires research and is more expensive, yet heals colonists extremely quick.
Screenshots:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in game.
- Restart Rimworld Otherwise there will be graphical glitches.
Notes:
Advanced medical bed texture- mrofa
I give my permission to include this in any modpacks. Contact me if you plan to use or alter the code or art. Please give me credit in either case.

Working on an Alpha 7 update. Simple medbed has been discarded.
Advanced bed is being updated as an expensive next tier beyond current medical bed. 
Change Log:
1.0- Released
1.1- Added advanced medical bed
1.2- Updated for Alpha 3
1.3- Updated for Alpha 5
1.4- Updated for Alpha 6

Attachment removed as it was corrupted with forum migration. Needs to be re-added.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

mrofa

Cool. Dont worry about using it, its easy just have a med bay near the front lines, from what i seen wounded are taken to a nearest bed.
All i do is clutter all around.

a89a89

mrofa

Was less dead brain that usual so i made texture for them here :D

Kirid

Quote from: mrofa on March 24, 2014, 07:09:19 PM
Wow those are awesome! Your textures are so pretty, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your talent :P
Can I use them? You will get credit. Add them as a researched tech. I'll tone down the healing rate on these regular medbeds, and make the advanced ones really strong and expensive, or just a complete replace?

btw, I fixed the flickering edges on my beds by applying a 0.3 gaussian blur, made it the same quality as existing beds, my edges were very clean before that.

mrofa

Hehe thanks.
This textures are made for this mod :P

Did you add blur to everything or stroke only ?
That makes me even more confuse on that matter we will need to shake tynan for answers :D

Kirid

To everything. I don't use a stroke border often, at least not for an item like this. I merged all the layers and drew it by hand, it's actually several different colors. It worked in this case, and matches the games generally blurry textures.

mrofa

Kilroy232

Love the idea of this mod, I will definitely give it a try and let you know if I have any ideas to help you out.

Amazing textures guy, keep the amazing work up.

iame6162013

wait a moment why don't make them use power so it's more balanced? :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

mrofa

Since at the moment he cant without messing with dll. If he adds power consumption, unpowered  bed would still be sleepable  and would still provide the healing rate bonus

iame6162013

Quote from: mrofa on March 30, 2014, 03:22:44 PM
Since at the moment he cant without messing with dll. If he adds power consumption, unpowered  bed would still be sleepable  and would still provide the healing rate bonus

that's a shame :/
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Kirid

Updated to Alpha 3, removed old downloads.
I'll see about balancing and adding new features later.

Sicken

great mod i just wish my pawns would not set them as bed and just use them to heal

Evul