[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Liandri Corp 1.3 - (Unofficial A4 Update on Pg 6)

Started by Austupaio, April 26, 2014, 08:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austupaio

This mod is very, very deprecated and I'm removing this with the intent to possibly release an updated version now.

Evul

EBM

Looking forward to this. I like that you stuck with the original UT weapon style (where applicable) rather than that of the later games.

Austupaio

UT99 best UT. :D

I'll be releasing the basic package in the next day or two, since it's quite simple stuff. I decided that I wanted a few more neat weapons, so I'll be adding a few of my favorites from the Ballistic Weapons mod for UT2004. Random, I know, but that mod was quite creative.

I will also be taking requests for anything vaguely relevant, if it's reasonable. If you're wondering why some are missing, like the classic Minigun, it's just due to very similar weapons already being in the game or part of Project Armory or the reason is listed in red in my list.

iame6162013

these textures are cool ;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

nice textures you have there
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Architect

For the beam weapon, might I suggest you create a semi long laser texture or whatever to use as the bullet, turn the damage down to next to nothing, and have the gun be able to fire really quickly, so it looks a little like a continuous beam. It's not the best way of doing it, but it's the simplest :)
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Austupaio

I may try that for the Viper, but with the single-shot hitscan nature of the Shock Rifle, it just wouldn't look right.

Now the first release is up! I believe it to be bug-free but, well, you know how that goes.

Also now includes akimbo weapons, because why not? ;D

Edit; also there's a preview available in the initial screenshot that includes all current weapons. Yes, I know the scale isn't super consistent, but Rimworld is very good at rescaling items, I've learned.

Tynan

Ah ha, UT99, the game I started out modding all those years ago!

I think they'all pretty feasible except the ripper. That one would be tough. And most of the secondary fire modes would be troublesome as well. Still an awesome idea.

And thank you for the props :) One can make a lot of noise and impress the ignorant by promising everyone the moon, but I think thoughtful people respect you more when you're a bit more realistic and a bit less excitable.

Looking forward to seeing the mod develop.

(Also there's no need to report your own posts to draw my attention to them. I see most mod threads and you can always PM me.)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Austupaio

Thanks for dropping by.

I actually went ahead and put in the Ripper with it's standard primary fire, minus the bouncing. Kinda lame but watching the blades fly is still amusing. It's really the Shock Rifle that I think would be the most difficult to pull off, but I may just try a very fast projectile with a somewhat long graphic.

Sorry about the report, it's just been standard practice to report your own thread to get it moved on a couple other forums for me. :P

Austupaio

Double-post, but hey, I'm in released now!

Also, I uh, lied a little bit. I'm going to add a few weapons from Quake II, as well. However, don't worry about weapon bloat, I'm trying to make sure anything I add isn't easily interchangeable with an existing weapon. Shock rifle was made as well, it's not perfect but it's good enough for me to put it in my next version.

mrofa

Ah my poor nade space marine end up as a target practice :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Celthric Aysen

lLeo

Celthric Aysen

Yeah, your gonna need to upload this somewhere else like Nexus or moddb, because in my opinion GameFront is absolute crap when it come's to downloads.