[A17] F*** Not Again Mod

Started by fyarn, August 22, 2017, 05:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyarn

F*** Not Again Mod

Description:
This mod saves your pawns when you launch them in a ship, allowing you to crash land with them again! For Rimworld [a17]. With the mod installed, finish a game by selecting your pawns and launching them into space. These pawns will be saved, and if the "Crashlanding?" Mod Setting is checked then these pawns will be automatically selected as your new pawns in your next scenario. All saved pawns will spawn in regardless of scenario starting pawn count limitations.

You can turn off this functionality without disabling/uninstalling the mod in the Mod Settings of the Options page.

Requirements/Limitations/Known Bugs
Requires Hugslib to be installed, and in the load queue before this mod's place.
Currently this mod only works for the rocket ship game ending, not the friendly AI caravan ending. Saved pawns will lose their clothes and forget their relationships, and animals won't be saved into the new game even if they are in cryptosleep caskets.
Must start new game after finishing old game without exiting Rimworld in between (exiting Rimworld clears saved pawns).

Updates
Aug 22 2017
Initial Release

Author/Mod Team
fyarn

Download
Github (with Source): https://github.com/fyarn/FNotAgain-Mod
Direct: https://github.com/fyarn/FNotAgain-Mod/archive/master.zip
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1117784063

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- No known mod incompatibilities/need for a new save.

Released under MIT License, please go ahead and include in modpacks or build off of this mod itself.

SpaceDorf

This is what happens if you let a rag tag group of refugees build spaceships  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

LiteEmUp

- bookmarked -

Sounds like a fun mod.... im hoping persistent world gets finished.. and that mod with this mod, sounds like fun lol...

Does this save d current status of your pawns that rode the ship?? Like d current age, current social relations, health/bio-upgrades??

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 22, 2017, 09:11:40 PM
- bookmarked -

Sounds like a fun mod.... im hoping persistent world gets finished.. and that mod with this mod, sounds like fun lol...

Does this save d current status of your pawns that rode the ship?? Like d current age, current social relations, health/bio-upgrades??

Similar question here, if someone were for example to lose some limbs, would this carry onto the next save?

Great idea by the way, this sounds very fun!

CookieWookiee

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 22, 2017, 09:11:40 PM
- bookmarked -

Quote from: ChickenForcer on August 22, 2017, 09:15:12 PM
Similar question here, if someone were for example to lose some limbs, would this carry onto the next save?

Great idea by the way, this sounds very fun!
Yes to all of that, except for social relations. I can't comment onto why that doesn't work, since I have all of two hours of experience with modding, and less with using this mod myself but I do know that it is incompatible with mods like Psychology which change the thingtype of pawns in the XML. I've proposed a fix for this on GitHub that I already threw into my own game and appears to work just fine. I'm just an impatient little cuss who has been waiting for a mod like this forever. Giving this thing five stars.

fyarn

Hey Guys,

CookieWookiee's right, and awesome for helping me expand the mod's compatibility.

Currently all health attributes (including missing or enhanced limbs), current age, skills, passions, backstory and looks carry over.

What gets thrown out are apparel/gear, and social relations (this was a quick and dirty fix to errors coming from spawning a pawn who had relationships with non-existing pawns from the old world).

kaptain_kavern

About time someone made a mod like this!

Thank you for the mod ;-)