[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 20, 2014, 10:26:32 PM
Is it intended for the game to display this message "Max Raid Points: 100, Max Raiders: 5, Min Raiders: 2" once every in-game hour?
Nope, I did not intend to keep that in at all. :P

Fixed. Sorry about that. I know I got distracted right before I was about to release it, and I must have forgot to comment that line out before the final build.

mrofa

Ha new version and i just end making my anti zombie turret for thous large waves :D

Anyways, soo it might be just ammount of coffie or zombies are ignoring path cost of terrain, i dont mean sand bags, more like grass, food resources/ metal, they always seem to run at the same speed, didnt check for traits but if its a trait then most of them have it.

Zombies will loose intrest in colonist if they will run to far, or if zombies will run after npcs to rim of the map, this is kinda tricky, on one side you kinda got no zombies problem, on the other if they will grow to large by eating passing npc then this might be a problem, especialy that this bug resets itself after reloading the game, meaning all this dead guys will remmber your ther and will run at you, yes it was fun :D

Thers some bug with names, i see alot of guys that pass by either named zombie or something (dead).
All i do is clutter all around.

ItchyFlea

Well, one thing is for sure. I suck at fighting zombies.
First wave of zombies had a bit of a feast, shortly followed by the "Everybody is dead" screen. :D

Is there a can of ZOMB-EZE hidden away somewhere on the map? :P

I assumed this would be fun, and I was right. I'm looking forward to the 1.0 version. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Justin C

Quote from: mrofa on May 20, 2014, 11:48:27 PM
Ha new version and i just end making my anti zombie turret for thous large waves :D

Anyways, soo it might be just ammount of coffie or zombies are ignoring path cost of terrain, i dont mean sand bags, more like grass, food resources/ metal, they always seem to run at the same speed, didnt check for traits but if its a trait then most of them have it.
Right now zombies use the default pathing class, so their movement works the same way it does for normal pawns.

QuoteZombies will loose intrest in colonist if they will run to far, or if zombies will run after npcs to rim of the map, this is kinda tricky, on one side you kinda got no zombies problem, on the other if they will grow to large by eating passing npc then this might be a problem, especialy that this bug resets itself after reloading the game, meaning all this dead guys will remmber your ther and will run at you, yes it was fun :D
Yeah, zombies do seem to lose interest a bit quickly. The default timeout for a chase is a random range between 400 and 900 ticks, but I might increase that since they move so slowly. Don't want them stopping to think 10 times while they cross the map.

I give raiding zombies and turned zombies different max ranges to search for targets, so zombie hoards will always find a target on the map to attack, and turned zombies might be too far away and would instead just wander around aimlessly on the other side of the map like zombies do. If the wandering zombies all of a sudden start chasing your colonists on a reload then chances are I just forgot to expose the raiding bool (exposing a variable makes it save and load) so it defaults to true on load. I will fix that for the next release.

QuoteThers some bug with names, i see alot of guys that pass by either named zombie or something (dead).
"Zombie" means the zombie was spawned as part of a wave. "Name (dead)" means they were a living NPC that was killed and then reanimated as a zombie. "* Name (dead)" means they were a colonist who was killed and then reanimated as a zombie. I did this because I figured some people, like myself, would find it interesting being able to easily keep track of where the zombies came from. With this you can easily tell that the wave that is currently overwhelming your base started out half its current size, and then grew when they slaughtered that group of travelers and added them to their ranks.

Well, I'm glad to see so many people are enjoying the mod. I'm at over 100 downloads after just under 24 hours, so that's encouraging. Keep the feedback coming!

mrofa

QuoteQuote
Thers some bug with names, i see alot of guys that pass by either named zombie or something (dead).
"Zombie" means the zombie was spawned as part of a wave. "Name (dead)" means they were a living NPC that was killed and then reanimated as a zombie. "* Name (dead)" means they were a colonist who was killed and then reanimated as a zombie. I did this because I figured some people, like myself, would find it interesting being able to easily keep track of where the zombies came from. With this you can easily tell that the wave that is currently overwhelming your base started out half its current size, and then grew when they slaughtered that group of travelers and added them to their ranks.

Well, I'm glad to see so many people are enjoying the mod. I'm at over 100 downloads after just under 24 hours, so that's encouraging. Keep the feedback coming!

I mean that normal visitor, not a enemy, just a guy from another fraction vermy much alive :D
There was one guy names Boomrat (dead)

Justin C

Quote from: mrofa on May 21, 2014, 01:44:36 AM
QuoteQuote

I mean that normal visitor, not a enemy, just a guy from another fraction vermy much alive :D
Well that is interesting. ???

Was that after a reload, or did he spawn with that name?

mrofa

Justin C

I set up a profile for the mod on ModDB last night, and when I checked today it was already accepted.

So if you like the mod go support it on ModDB. Rate it, comment on it, submit screenshots of zombies overwhelming your base, etc.

Vas

Quote from: Justin C on May 20, 2014, 08:44:10 PMTraditionally zombies are killed by headshots. Zombies cannot heal or regenerate because their bodies are dead, and once the brain is destroyed they die for good.

You forget, men have two brains.  :|  One just gets used more than the other.  And that isn't the one in the head!  xD
Besides, in my zombie apoc, Zombies can only be killed via cremation.  Imagine it like Torchwood Miracle Day.  That would make it much more entertaining and chaotic.  You could always release an alternate in the same mod.  One Zombie Apoc, and one Zombie Apoc Torchwood edition.  Or Miracle Day edition, whichever you want to call it.  Undieing forever, only you still turn into zombies once a non-zombie dies then raise again as the living dead.  And in this Miracle Day version, people still healed during the show, it was just slow, like a normal human body.  Given enough time, even a guy who blew himself up could likely heal enough to walk again.  :P  I just thought it'd add a new interesting game mode is all that would make it more difficult and more crazy.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mrofa

Its alredy is hard when you get 10 biten visitors marching into middle of your base.

Cala13er

SpiritedCanine

Quote from: Justin C on May 21, 2014, 01:49:36 AM
QuoteQuote

That was my issue, they spawn with it and even pops up in the pawn generator when making a new colony
Don't get mad at me for stupid stuff!

Justin C

Quote from: SpiritedCanine on May 21, 2014, 06:15:26 PM
QuoteQuote

That was my issue, they spawn with it and even pops up in the pawn generator when making a new colony
I assume this is when starting a new colony after playing another one, without shutting down the client in between? Thanks for the info, you confirmed the suspicions that I had when mrofa reported the issue last night.

What must be happening is that when I change the name inside the pawns I'm modifying a reference, which is then being used later by new pawns that spawn. After a quick look at the Pawn class again it looks like the Label is set to be overridden, so I can stop modifying the names/nicknames themselves and just change what is displayed for zombies. That should be a quick and easy fix for this bug.

mrofa

Quote from: Justin C on May 21, 2014, 07:29:20 PM
QuoteQuote

I assume this is when starting a new colony after playing another one, without shutting down the client in between? Thanks for the info, you confirmed the suspicions that I had when mrofa reported the issue last night.

What must be happening is that when I change the name inside the pawns I'm modifying a reference, which is then being used later by new pawns that spawn. After a quick look at the Pawn class again it looks like the Label is set to be overridden, so I can stop modifying the names/nicknames themselves and just change what is displayed for zombies. That should be a quick and easy fix for this bug.

I didnt start a new colony this stuff all happened on the first one.

Justin C

Quote from: mrofa on May 21, 2014, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: Justin C on May 21, 2014, 07:29:20 PM
QuoteQuote

I didnt start a new colony this stuff all happened on the first one.
I meant Spirited. If he ran into it on the new colony window it must have been after playing a game with the mod on previously, without restarting the client.