[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrathofdog

Quote from: Torann on January 23, 2019, 10:59:44 PM
Ranger "Calming Whisper" stamina reduction will now apply to the stamina upkeep cost as well as ability use

Yeah, that makes this skill a must-have.

My ranger is running around with a smilodon from the Megafauna mod, and I sacrificed a prisoner to the elder gods to augment it with eldritch DNA, plus it has the maximum ranger-bond boost.  I hope it never goes feral, because I don't think I'd be able to kill it.  Haven't had to make a new animal companion in ages.

SirDhyne

Mod is throwing up "file version unknown". Ignore me, just needed to update my RimWorld. Love the mod!

wrathofdog

Quick question if anyone knows:  do the psychic sensitivity traits have any impact on a mage pawn's abilities?  I thought I remember reading once that they made a difference, but I'm not sure.

henk

Physically adept pawns can only learn psionics if they're psychically something, or there's a psychic drone.

omatkoicorko

hi,

i can find how to upgrade rank of pawn, from lowest bladedancer (bladesman?) to legendary one... same for ranger... anyone?

regards

henk

Physical-type classes upgrade their classes by putting point in the first skill, which changes their class.

gsgabsdas

Is there a way to show the actual mana/stamina costs of abilities? This is my only complaint about this mod (first time using it, so I may be missing where the info is displayed). The only values I see are the base and adjusted mana/stamina costs when hovering. But it is very hard to know what that value actually is, especially once you have items that increase your maximum mana/stamina.

------

Also, I have a Hunter with maxed Animal Empathy/Calming Whispers/Augmented Bond, so it says I can bond with an animal of up to 100% wildness. However, when I try to use the "Animal Bond" ability on a Thrumbo (99% wildness I believe) it says that it fails with a -1.49999999%.

Why is that happening?

--- Edit --- Just tried taming a Dire Wolf (98% wildness) and it also failed to bond.

Canute

QuoteIs there a way to show the actual mana/stamina costs of abilities?

Base cost = cost without boni from skills or equipment
Adjusted cost = the current actual cost you need to use the ability.
Only the percent sign isn't accurate (anymore).
When it show base cost 60%, it mean 60 mana not 60% from your max. mana.

gsgabsdas

Oh okay, that makes sense! Thank you!

Mitz

hey, i love the mod, could it be possible to update the first page, or better, start a wiki?
you're missing a few classes, IE hemomancer, possibly enchanter.
a bit more description on how to give your pawns the magic would be great.
last thing for the mod itself: prioritize artifacts for the magic bandits, i refuse to get a bunch of drugs for payment.
thanks!
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

GRANDMASTER

It would be great to see some time manipulations (stop time or bullet time)

Maybe see a mage who can make people younger

Good luck in modifying.

Canute

Quote from: GRANDMASTER on February 10, 2019, 12:58:00 AM
Maybe see a mage who can make people younger
I don't think you realy want this.
When you made a pawn younger with time manipulation, you would revert his skills and memory too.
If you just want change the age and keep the skills, it is more holy magic.

I think the druid allready got enough tools to made old people agile again.

DragonsAngel

All my magical gifted pawns refuse to craft at the arcane forge and I have no idea why :(.

Canute

They need to have mana, and magical gifted don't have mana.

DragonsAngel

Sorry, I explained it wrong, I meant all my "mages" as in all the pawns that have a mana bar.