One square wide tables

Started by vagineer1, June 26, 2014, 12:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

Would it be possible to add one square wide tables into the game? They could be used for single prisoner rooms to save on space and resources.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

EscapeZeppelin

What I'd like better is if tables were always one square wide but if they linked together like the wall blocks if you build them next to each other. That way you could make tables any size or shape you wanted.

vagineer1

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on June 26, 2014, 01:27:31 PM
What I'd like better is if tables were always one square wide but if they linked together like the wall blocks if you build them next to each other. That way you could make tables any size or shape you wanted.

That would be intersting.
You see this tank?

EscapeZeppelin

It would allow you to do some interesting things. You could put a table all the way along one wall, make a breakfast nook, or have a table that seats 30 for the feasting hall of your new Rimworld  castle.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 26, 2014, 01:31:32 PM

Thirded. Definitely interesting.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

AwesumnisRawr188

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 26, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

Fourthed.

This would make my life much easier in building cells and places for colonists to eat without building a room around the table.

Kagemusha

Quote from: AwesumnisRawr188 on June 26, 2014, 10:43:26 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 26, 2014, 08:11:01 PM

Fourthed.

This would make my life much easier in building cells and places for colonists to eat without building a room around the table.

Fifthted

ItchyFlea

You're right. They are nice.

So I made a quick mod for them: Download Modular Wood Table

EDIT: Anybody is free to take this and make a proper mod out of it.
EDIT2: They link together, and can be dragged out like walls. Although they'll need a proper texture so they actually look like they're linked.
EDIT3: Made a proper thread for them, added a metal table version and lowered the price: [MOD] (Alpha 4F) Modular Tables (v.1.0)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

StorymasterQ

Nice, Itchy!

If they extend from whatever walls' class is (Building_Wall?), would it stick to walls? But then...it probably won't work as a table, I presume?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

vagineer1

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 27, 2014, 01:12:11 AM
You're right. They are nice.

So I made a quick mod for them: Download Modular Wood Table

EDIT: Anybody is free to take this and make a proper mod out of it.
EDIT2: They link together, and can be dragged out like walls. Although they'll need a proper texture so they actually look like they're linked.

Will you be updating this for when A5 comes out?
You see this tank?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 27, 2014, 01:50:19 AM
If they extend from whatever walls' class is (Building_Wall?), would it stick to walls? But then...it probably won't work as a table, I presume?
You should be able to place them against walls without the walls linking to them. Even if the walls did, they can still be used as tables.

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 27, 2014, 02:15:21 AM
Will you be updating this for when A5 comes out?
Already done. :)

EDIT: Made a proper thread for them, added a metal table version and lowered the price: [MOD] (Alpha 4F) Modular Tables (v.1.0)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 27, 2014, 02:20:01 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 27, 2014, 01:50:19 AM
You should be able to place them against walls without the walls linking to them. Even if the walls did, they can still be used as tables.

No, I mean... I'd like it to stick to walls. Probably not worth it, though. This is most amazing. Is this using the sort of thing ModSolar is using?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 27, 2014, 02:29:39 AM
No, I mean... I'd like it to stick to walls. Probably not worth it, though. This is most amazing. Is this using the sort of thing ModSolar is using?
As in have walls visually link to them? I don't think that would look good.
I have no idea if Modular Solar Panels did it in a similar way, as I've never used that mod or seen it's code.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on June 27, 2014, 02:36:20 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 27, 2014, 02:29:39 AM
As in have walls visually link to them? I don't think that would look good.
I have no idea if Modular Solar Panels did it in a similar way, as I've never used that mod or seen it's code.

No? Oh, alright, then. I guess it's more of a shelf than a table, then, huh?
Yeah, actually ModSolar has never worked for me for some reason. Really planning to use this one over the weekend, though! Cheers!

milon

I would love to see this added to the main game. But kudos for doing it ItchyFlea!