[MOD] (Alpha 6) Gun Emplacements 1.2 Updated 07.30.2014

Started by Viper717, July 14, 2014, 11:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper717

Description:
Defense is a key factor in survival, but as of right now there aren't many options. As nice as it is to have a wall of improvised turrets, the energy strain can be overwhelming. We have brought you a new alternative choice. These turrets are powered by colonists.

With a set of mannable turrets, we take the energy requirements out of the equation by allowing your colonists to defend themselves. With a variety of turrets to choose from, as well as upgrades available, we allow you to play the game as you want to.

Features:
Adds 7 manned emplacements to the game.
Adds research for both emplacements and emplacement upgrades

Research Items:
Unlocks
Improved Emplacements - Using proper blueprints to improve your standard turret mount. This allows you to improve your turret capabilities by adding a variety of guns.
Advanced Emplacements - With better working knowledge of turrets you can create stronger turrets then before.
GE-X5 Enhanced Mortars - Unlocks the GE-X5 Enhanced Mortar with higher precision and fire rate over the standard mortar. Warning: Large explosion on destruction

Upgrades
GE-X0 Flammability - Newly designed coating applied to the GE-X0 decreases its flammability.
GE-X1 - GE-X4 Flammability - Newly formulated flame retardant substance derived from the GE-X0 research can now be applied to non-wood surfaces.
GE-X0 Armour Plating - Increase the HP of the GE-X0 by 200.
GE-X1 Armour Plating - Increase the HP of the GE-X1 by 200.
GE-X2 Armour Plating - Increase the HP of the GE-X2 by 200.
GE-X3 Armour Plating - Increase the HP of the GE-X3 by 200.
GE-X4 Armour Plating - Increase the HP of the GE-X4 by 200.
GE Burst Upgrade - Increase the number of shots per burst for the GE-X1, GE-X3, & GE-X4 by 2.

Mod Team:
AfroHarrison - Designer / Lead Artist
Viper717 - Designer / Lead Developer

Mod Variations:
From left to right;
GE-X0 - Modified Crossbow, GE-X1 - Modified MP40, GE-X2 - Modified RPG7, GE-X3 - Modified Dragunov, GE-X4 - Modified M41-A, GE-X5 - Enhanced Mortar, GE-X6 - Modified SPAS-12

"Stock"

"Colourized"

"Just The Tips"

"WW2"

"Futuristic"

How to use:
- Each turret has an additional cost of silver, to account for the cost of the gun that is attached. This is to balance the game.
- Once placed, you can man these turrets the same way as the core game mortars by drafting a colonist, and right click the turret of choice.
- Some turrets may require additional research before they can be selected.
- GE-X0 can currently shoot over walls

These turrets were based off of weapons in Project Armory.

Download:
Please note all downloads contain all texture variants, instructions below on how-to change.
Gun_Emplacements_Stock - 1.2
Gun_Emplacements_Colourized - 1.2
Gun_Emplacements_JTT - 1.2
Gun_Emplacements_WW2 - 1.2
Gun_Emplacements_Future - 1.2

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld\Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

How to change texture packs:
- Go to your RimWorld\Mods\Gun Emplacements\Defs\ThingDefs folder.
- Add ".off" to the currently active "GunNestsThings" file
- Remove ".off" from the texture pack you'd like to use.

Changelog:

1.2 - Added GE-X6 modified SPAS-12 shotgun, Added futuristic texture pack
1.1 - 2 New texture packs, Enhanced Mortar added, re-structured textures
1.0 - First release

User License:

kfm2010

Viper717

Sorry you caught me as i was uploading them

Cheers!

kfm2010

;D wow.. i love the powerful thing..

maybe can add new  power Mortar or howitzer 8)

AfroHarrison

Quote from: kfm2010 on July 15, 2014, 07:21:55 AM
;D wow.. i love the powerful thing..

maybe can add new  power Mortar or howitzer 8)

This seems fair. I can look into it.  What would make it stand out to you in comparison to the core-game mortar?

IWannaChaos

I've yet to try to mod but I noticed the texture on the leftmost gun emplacement looks pixelated compared to the other four.

BetaSpectre

Acurracy is golden raider vs colony mortars one made by a certified t ech and one by a dumb gun
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Viper717

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 15, 2014, 10:33:20 AM
Acurracy is golden raider vs colony mortars one made by a certified t ech and one by a dumb gun

Beta,
I'm not entirely clear as to what you're saying here. Are you saying that the raider motars currently have a greater accuracy than the mortars that the colonists can make?

Cheers

BetaSpectre

Well, I most certainly should have refrained from driving while texting with my phone.

Anyway what I mean't to say.

I would like to see a mod that would increase the the accuracy of the colonist's Mortars preferably with several research options.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Ramsis

Can I request a skin pack that makes the turrets not look so high tech? Sorry, they just look too silly for my liking :(
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Viper717

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 15, 2014, 02:26:27 PM
Well, I most certainly should have refrained from driving while texting with my phone.

Anyway what I mean't to say.

I would like to see a mod that would increase the the accuracy of the colonist's Mortars preferably with several research options.

We can certainly look into making a "better" mortar, or possibly even just including some upgrades for the stock mortar.

Quote from: Ramsis on July 15, 2014, 02:35:14 PM
Can I request a skin pack that makes the turrets not look so high tech? Sorry, they just look too silly for my liking :(

We will have a look to see what we can come up with for an alternate "lower tech" skin pack. But it should be do-able.

Cheers

AfroHarrison

Hey there,
I've been doing the designs for the turrets. How low tech are you looking for? Are we talking primitive? Dark Ages? WW type?

forsaken1111

Quote from: AfroHarrison on July 15, 2014, 02:51:03 PM

Hey there,
I've been doing the designs for the turrets. How low tech are you looking for? Are we talking primitive? Dark Ages? WW type?
A texture pack that matches the theme of the base game a bit better would be nice. On the low end, maybe something that resembles a WW2 DFP/machinegun nest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_fighting_position
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Water-cooled_machine_gun_nest.jpg

AfroHarrison

Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 15, 2014, 05:59:51 PM
A texture pack that matches the theme of the base game a bit better would be nice. On the low end, maybe something that resembles a WW2 DFP/machinegun nest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_fighting_position
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Water-cooled_machine_gun_nest.jpg

Now, I guess we see it a bit differently. As I understood this game was set in a futuristic location (ex. The mechanical enimies, crash landing on a planet, the spaceship end-game), however I do like to make people happy. Let me start on a WW2 texture pack, and I will get it up as soon as possible.

AfroHarrison

So I did up some rough WW2 era turret looks based on pictures online. Am I going in the right direction for you? Let me know what you'd like to see differently, or what it is you're looking for.

Side note, that crossbow turret will probably become the new texture across all texture packs as someone previously commented that it looked pixelated in it's first rendition.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]