Your favourite colonists

Started by ParagonTerminus, July 20, 2014, 06:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daman453

I think it was a dude called Jack, and he was a cold killer. A deathjack, and died the first attack i was in
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Daman453 on September 07, 2014, 12:02:56 PM
I think it was a dude called Jack, and he was a cold killer. A deathjack, and died the first attack i was in

And then, for eternity, all new colonists are put-down by the saying "You don't know Jack."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ParagonTerminus

Good news on Jake and Vladimir: they managed to escape the planet with all but two colonists! Yay!

But that means that I've transferred to Alpha Six, and I have a new favourite: Splice.

Splice is a justly-named microbiologist who just so happens to be a god at medicine (skill level 10) and also totally chill about everything; Sanguine trait means he's never dipped close to a mental break.

He's also a really good fukken cook and has a Research skill of 11, meaning practically everything is already researched before I even have 5 colonists.
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

skullywag

Quote from: Fruit loops on July 25, 2014, 04:55:07 PM
this is sad but my favorite colonist was ''Emmie, sex slave'' who ever added that was genius there was so many times I've seen her a bounch when I randomize to find the right one or I've seen her in slave traders ships a few times So one time Emmie was kidnapped so...... idk man what are they doing to her I am sad every time I think of her

she was my favorite colonist just cause what she worked as xD

Best cook I ever had, everyone who ate with here was always REALLY happy...wonder why?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dawa1147

Mine would be Keuneke as well (he was an engi). What he had accomplished was so great, I always start a game with an Engi callled Keuneke: (It was in A5) being out on the field, grabbing metal, he was surrounded by a 6 tribals raid on Day 13. they were 60 blocks away, and yet using only the metal he hold, he managed to build a makeshift bunker, and fight them off using only a Pistol. He incapped 4 (one sadly bled out before he could be rescued), and killed a fifth, without getting more than a 4HP bruise. During all of that, he managed to keep the makeshift bunker repaired meaning I could deconstruct all of it. He öater proved to be a complete Badass, once even building an entire one man bunker in 2 ingame hours, and then mowed down first 15 Raiders, then rescued Toad (my second favorite, always my social cooker with research) under fire from 3 Centipedes that dropped in (the rest battled the remaining raiders), got her save, build a panik romm for the entire colony (which consisted of 18 guys I sent of running to the other side of the map, fight off the three Centepides, successfully transfered Road to the panickroom (where the rest was now hiding) while a crazy raider threw molotows and a scyther tried to snipe him. The game did not habe armor then, and he was at 45/100 HP at the end of all that. Needless to say, that guy was a frikkin BAD ASS

Wex

Otto 65 Y.O. Profession: Assassin. He is a F**king killing machine; 15 shooting 18 melee. He can't do anything else, but be wary of an old man working in a profession where people usually die young.
-------------------------------
Today Otto routed by himself a siege. They put out camp admist a couple of small rocky formation. By having him move carefully, he and his R4 made run in panic 4 of them, those who retailed got a bullet in the head, then he retreated for the night and for a meal.
Afterward he went back and appearently the guy with the molotov got a psychotic break. In the blaze, Otto killed a couple more of them, and then blasted the mortars. That was the last straw for them, they retreated. One bullet in an arm was all his injuries.  8)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Alitaria

My favourite  colonist was always Venus, my Caveworld tender gone Herbalist. Rescued her from a bandit raid, he had blue pigtails and I kitted her out with a green trench coat. She was one of the bet growers I have ever seen.
Now I tend to rename my best grower Venus in honor of her and whenever I use the Plan Carefully mod, I always recreate her.
SHE WILL LIVE ON
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

iomccoy

Mine was and is Pacer. The first colony I had I just wanted to mess around. Even with Phoebe on the lowest difficulty... really hard circumstances sometimes. Phoebe LOVED the dry thunderstorms, and the area had almost no metal. I was stuck with wood.

The second day, Felicia set a fire twice because she kept trying to cook before that area was roofed. Pacer put out both of them. When the base was almost consumed by a fire started in a dry thunderstorm, Pacer risked her life putting it out. Felicia had to be woken up and told to get her lazy self over there. Felicia is an idiot.

When Felicia decided that messing around was more important than, I don't know, TENDING THE FREAKING PLANTS, and there was a bit of a famine... Pacer got out there so early and just kept going, almost starving herself as she harvested what berries we could find. She almost went mad from the hunger, but she kept going. Forever putting the colony before herself. Did I mention that she's a pessimistic clerk?

She stood in the fire without getting burned. She just kept putting it out. Felicia destroys things and Gizmo doesn't care about anything but research, but Pacer keeps going.

Through fire and famine and thunder, Pacer keeps going. Pacer always keeps going.

(I just wish there was a way to save colonists for later use. Pacer deserves to continue.)
Oh stars, the urple...

FridayBiology

Geer (something) ,Miner.
Single handedly killed three raiders with a pistol (others non-violet used as bait by running back and forth), mined out all of my base, hauled medpacks and prepared food from the other side of the map to save teammates (not planned) survived starvation and mental break, .... and then went to deconstruct a random stone room that I'd claimed for the stone bricks and got crushed.

never got him again since :"(
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

superecnate

My favorites are Pacer and Tsume in my current game. Pacer is pretty much the most skilled person on the colony in quite a lot of skills (mining, constructing, repairing, etc). She got her femur shattered fighting a centipede, but managed kept working. She worked for months, probably about a year in game, doing all sorts of manual labor like constructing, mining, and hauling back heavy metal on a shattered femur. After that year I managed to replace her leg with a simple prosthetic, but she's by far the strongest and toughest person in my colony.
Tsume was quite different. He came in as a raider, and threw himself at my colony only to get shot in the head. When he woke back up, he was easily recruited, and he mainly did farming and medicine after that. When my colony descended into madness and psychopathic murder, he starved himself to keep my colonists (who were starving in their beds) alive. Eventually, during a gunfight in the base between two loyalists (one of whom was Pacer) and two rebels driven mad, he calmly walked over to the field to get some potatoes, and starved to death. I always thought he was some kind of barbaric, sick raider, but that the gunshot shot the evil out of him. When he joined the colony he loved everyone, and was a source of happiness and innocence in my colony, and he ended up starving in the field because of the actions of those evil rebels! Needless to say, the rebels were executed in rage.

MyNameIsSpyder

My favorite was Moo.
Totally forget most about her, other than she saved my colony from mechanoids many times.

Leird

My favorite colonist was Bob the Oaf, growing at 18, medicin at 8 and also a fair shot. He single handedly kept my colony alive for the first 7 years or so, both with his growing skills but mostly with his medical skills!

tylers2001

My favorites have to be Kenuke, Engie , and my top favorite Vladimir
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 23, 2014, 05:49:17 AM
I will always remember Maskinnen. She was a pyromaniac and incapable of violence. And a total creep. Dark, scruffy hair, pale skin, dark grey clothes. In my head her IQ was off the charts which is the reason why no one could really understand her actions, including me. Yes, Maskinnen. Don't beat out the flames. I, too, see the wisdom in letting the kitchen burn. Yes.. yes.. I, too, find it is fascinating how a pseudometal surface can catch fire so easily. It must be the additives that are used in the manual speed-refining process of the ore, during the construction phase. Or perhaps the additives combine with the impurities of the local low-grade ore and together they form (delightfully unexpected) flammable compounds.

I never understood why she wouldn't even shoot with the T-9 Incendiary Launcher... But did I even try to give her one? I can't remember...
No way dude, she is in my lp right now :D but she can shoot stuff. So in  honor of you ill give here a t-9 launcher! :D
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

MyNameIsMike

This one guy, he was my first cryptosleeper. When we pulled him out, he was one of three guys, all of whom seemed to want to kill eachother. He was the only one who survived because I set up a bunch of turrets around the caskets before opening (sorry, I'm a wimp). Anyway, he had an infection 3 of his limbs, was already missing the 4th, had cataracts, a liver infection, and was stuck inside the casket with some scarabs, which I can't imagine helped. After nearly losing my colony to the aforementioned scarabs, I stuck him in a prisoner bed, and amputated his remaining limbs, not expecting him to survive because I had not one single medicine on hand. Somehow, he survived the next month with only peglegs and no arms, until I sold the gold he'd had with him in his casket, bought bionic eyes, arms and legs, and turned him into a badass. I named him Fighter, and now he's the best cook on the planet, hauls around a minigun, and is the veteran of about 5 huge battles. ;D