Why I love the new injury system

Started by caba111, August 16, 2014, 04:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caba111

This all played out on my first game in Alpha 6.

vagineer1

You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Dr. Z

Really nice work^^ I especially like the psychotic sqirrel in the first picture.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Headshotkill

She'll get a new artificial leg in the next update! :D

caba111

Thanks for the feeback guys
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 16, 2014, 04:56:23 AM
Did you draw that by yourself?

Yeah, it's actually the first work I've posted.

ThePhoenix

Nice work there! Only problem is is that the squirrel should really be going for the eyes, rather than the hands.

Of course, the obligatory response at the moment is that this is of course an alpha, and we can't expect the game to be completely balanced. But, as has been said before, prosthetic limbs and reconstructive surgery are planned for Alpha 7.

caba111

Actually, I didn't really have an issue with how this instance played out. The adult, male tribesman threw a rather large spear at the squirrel. Instead, he missed and shattered the leg of my worker. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was too stupid to realize why  that was a bad idea in the first place. Here's a screenshot of what actually happened. The squirrel got carried away before my worker for some reason.

ThePhoenix

"Cai throw spear, help pretty woman. Maybe pretty woman help Cai!"

*After the event*

"Pretty woman help Cai?"

Rahjital

He isn't even a colonist. I imagine he thought something like "Cai throw stick, save woman, colony happy, Cai's chief happy!" *CRACK* "Cai hide behind corner, Cai not there..."

caba111

Quote from: Rahjital on August 16, 2014, 01:44:58 PM
He isn't even a colonist. I imagine he thought something like "Cai throw stick, save woman, colony happy, Cai's chief happy!" *CRACK* "Cai hide behind corner, Cai not there..."

lol yeah. That's what I had in mind too.

litlbear

yes

wolfman1911

Quote from: ThePhoenix on August 16, 2014, 01:20:12 PM
Nice work there! Only problem is is that the squirrel should really be going for the eyes, rather than the hands.

Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

Fap

James009

I LOVE the new injury and medical system, however, I almost wonder if it needs some tweaking and balancing. For example, after a year on the colony half your people are going to be missing half their eyes, fingers, toes, and their nose. Ewww. I think it needs to keep a "cinematic" feel to it where your people aren't always losing everything and becoming terribly scarred.

Also, a muffalo took one of my hunters legs during a bad hunt :(
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Splinterbee

Rimworld: where your leg can be torn off by a pebble yet you can survive an arrow in the face... Lol I LOVE IT  :D
Video games, are pretty good