[MOD](Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII (V3.2, 31-10-14)

Started by Rikiki, September 03, 2014, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Mining&Co.: Deepdriller Mark II and mobile mineral sonar Mark II

Warning! Compatibility with previous version is not assured. Starting a new world/colony is highly recommended!

Surface resources are becoming scarce ? Wandering the plains is too dangerous for you ? Then Mining & Co. has THE solution for YOU!

Deepdriller Mark II

Mining & Co. is proud to present you the Deepdriller Mark II, the last jewel of our complete mining systems collection. Jointly designed and tested by our highly experienced teams of engineers and deep-space miners, the Deepdriller Mark I is a reliable and fully customizable asset.

Features

• The basic pack is shipped with a workbench to maintain your basic drill heads. This will allow you to rock a looot of rock chunk.
    • Don't let your metal ore thirst be stopped at the top strata and buy a couple of our advanced drill heads. Strengthened and equipped with electronics to maximize their effectiveness!
    • Still wanting more? Then the CompressorTM is what you need! With its huge pressure output guided through our drill pipes, the deep strata is no more safe from your drilling grasp! Make those shiny silver yours!
    • Miners more interested in surgical strikes than making large holes in the ground (even if it is always fun!) might want to turn their mind on our revolutionary MiSoTecTM (for Mineral Sonar Technology). This optional console will let you scan the underground to find hidden ore pockets and maybe even uranium nuggets.
    • The Deepdriller Mark II is now compatible with the A2B conveyor belts! (see images below)

Mobile mineral sonar Mark II

Thanks to our revolutionary MiSoTechTM, our engineering team also brings you the brand new Mobile mineral sonar Mark II! This tool will soon become your best friend when mining time has come.

Features

• Scans the heart of big mountains for ore pockets.
    • Can be dismantled when the scan is finished. You only need to provide some new battery cells.
    • Battery-powered: the optional connection with a power net will boost scan speed.

Technical notes

Here is the complete tech tree.

Power consumption:
    - the deepdriller will only consume power when actively extracting. Due to mechanical efforts, the deeper it drills, the more energy it will requires.

• Rock extraction: 300 W
    • Metal extraction: 600 W
    • Silver extraction: 1100 W
    • Uranium extraction: 1300 W
    - the mobile mineral sonar can work autonomously thanks to its internal battery cells. Connecting it to a power supply will speed up the scan progress.

User manual

• Follow the techtree to perform the researches to unlock the asset you want.
    • The Deepdriller requires both power and tool supply to be operational.
    • Each extraction type must be activated manually when the Deepdriller or one of its extension is built.
    • You must build an Electronic workbench to make the required bio-battery cells, energy packs, integrated circuits board and mineral sonar module.
    • You must build a Mining workbench to assemble the required basic and advanced drill head, drill pipe, pneumatic pick and hand driller.

Notes:

• some resources (like silver and uranium) require some extensions to be built before starting extraction.
    • extraction will auto pause/unpause when the temporary stock area or conveyor belt is full.
    • due to placement restrictions, building a Deepdriller is easier in a mountain cave. Mind the fact I was not able to show the stock area durig placment, so the building blueprint takes actually 6x4 squares.
    • to be connected to an A2B conveyor belt, you must place an A2B Loader in one of the 2 cells in front of the stock area.

Showroom

Deepdriller Mark II (no extension):

DeepdrillerMark II (full extensions):

Deepdriller Mark II possible interface with A2B conveyor belts:

Mobile mineral sonar Mark II:

Mining workbench and Electronic workbench with their manufactured resources:

Clients recommendations

The Deepdriller Mark II is warmly recommended from our clients:
    "Now that I've got the taste of it, I cannot do without my pretty DeepLily. To me, she's more precious than my b*lls! Hey, you! Get your hands off, you're going to scratch her body!", Todd the Tough, deep-space miner.

"Yeah, this gadget we've borrowed from a near refugees colony is cool. We don't need to attend it when we are out raidin' and pillag'... erh... visiting our neighboors. Plus, those sharpen advanced drill heads make nice holes in strangers' heads! Ha ha... erh in wooden planks I mean...", Mor'gul Blaktoof, pirate leader scavanger

Technical support

Mining & Co. is continuously trying to improving its product to raise its customers satisfaction.
    Please leave us our feedback. Balancing cannot be done without you, loyal customer!

Next steps

• Improve power management, add more info about power needs in the description tab (displayed when you select the Deepdriller).
    • Add the ability to manually supervize the extraction at the Mineral sonar console to improve the extraction rate.
    • Add basic and advanced pneumatic picks (equipement/apparel improving mining efficiency)
    • Improve the Mining workbench texture
    • Mobile mineral sonar
    • Combine uranium and plasteel extraction

Changelog

[/list]
    V1.0
    * Initial release

V2.0
    * Added Mobile mineral sonar.
    * Added support for the A2B conveyor belts.
    * Code refactoring.
    * Heavy techtree refactoring to make easier further mods combination.

V3.0
    * Alpha 7
    * Added Energy pack (now needed in recipes instead of bio-battery cells)
    * Added Pneumatic pick and Hand driller (craftable mining tools)
    * Added sub-categories under manufactured to better class Electronics and Mining items
    * MMS drawing mechanic slightly improved
    * A2B conveyor belt button is only displayed if this mod is active
    Note: plasteel extraction is not yet implemented

V3.1
    * Completely reviewed the prices and values.
    * Slightly simplified the tech tree (MMS should be accessible easier)
    * Slightly rebalanced the research durations.
    * Simplified the dynamic recipe addition.
    * Enhanced MMS graphics when selected.
    * Reduced MMS CPU usage (I hope :) )

V3.2
    * Correction of the workbench "lost recipe" bug.

Compatibility notes

In order to make easier further mods combination, I had to split this mod in 2 parts.
    You need to activate both mods in this order:
    - Mining & Co. Common
    - Mining & Co. Deepdriller
    The A2B mod folder must be named "A2B". Warning, in the "A2B mod + source pack", it is still named "RW_A2B-0.7.0"!

Credits

mrofa and Haplo for their .DLL Dark Matter Generator tutorial.
    noone for his cooperation in interfacing this mod with A2B conveyor belts. :)
    Superior Crafting for the Drillworkbench design (will be modified, maybe..., one day...).
    And of course everyone who helped me on the forum!

Modders note

You may be interrested in the following features:

• Recipes at Mining and Electronic workbenches become available according to researches
    • Use of state machines
    • Building management (spawn of blueprints, detection of an existing blueprint/frame/building on the map)
    • Placement restricter
    • UI buttons use
    • Draw dynamic textures and over fog

License

You are free to get inspiration from this little work and include it in any other mod/modpack. Just put a link to this thread so people can use it as a standalone version too.
    So this is basically licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.

Note to modpacker: not that I don't want to help, but I have very little time to mod/play so I may not be very fast to answer integration questions.

Download

Please delete all previous version folders before installing the latest one. Starting a new world/colony is highly recommended!
    M&Co.: Common V3.2
    M&Co.: Common V3.2 source

M&Co.: Deepdriller + MMS V3.2

Bodog999

Reaper

could you add the option to drill geothermal vents (steam vents) as a late late game tech? There was a mod that did this but it is outdated.

Zeta Omega

Rikiki

Dear customer, making it able to spawn steam geyser would not be so hard but is currently out from the scope of this mod. I may do it in another mod later but I have other ideas in mind for now. ::)

@dakkafex: could you please give me the extra info I need to debug ?
    - what mods are you using ?
    - was it when loading a savegame ?
    - can you attach the output_log.txt file located in your RimworldInstallDir\RimWorld532Win_Data folder ?
    - have you tried to restart the game after activating the mod ?
    - any other detail might be important...
    - oh, a savegame file would be great too.

For info, this mod does not depend on any other one.
    I usually play with the following mods and never saw your rainbow screen:
        <li>AlphaMuffalo1.3</li>
        <li>Clutter</li>
        <li>Embrasures</li>
        <li>ExtraResearchTables1.2</li>
        <li>Jaxxa_Shields</li>
        <li>MAI</li>
        <li>MedBed1.4</li>
        <li>Meteorite</li>
        <li>T-BetterCrops</li>
        <li>T-Cotton</li>
        <li>T-CottonCarpets</li>
        <li>T-CottonBeds</li>
        <li>Knockouts</li>
        <li>TTMCustomEventsA6</li>

Thanks for your cooperation and encouragements! :D

dakkafex

im using glitterTech_buildings and Cannons And Turrets, this is the second time in a game restart it did this, but the first time it fogged up the entire screen.

It only happens when i hold the construction over open space, if its over undiscovered mountain it doesnt go all crazy

Rikiki

Sorry but I did not managed to reproduce your bug with the mentionned mods activated.
    I am affraid I cannot do much more without your output_log.txt or savegame file... :(
    Cna you try to deactivate all mods and start a new world and colony with only Deepdriller activated please ?

Has anyone else got this error ?

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Rikiki

Dear customers, Mining & Co. will soon release new assets for you to enjoy mining operations. :D

Next release content:
    - a new Mobile mineral sonar 8)
    - compatibility with A2B conveyor belts (work in progress)
    - new tech tree to prepare the future Alpha release (who said "personal pneumatic drill" ? ::))

It would be great if you could send some feedback in order to improve the balance.
    What do you think about:
    - the production rates,
    - the energy consumption,
    - the item/workbench/machine costs

Thanks in advance! :)

Rikiki

Quote from: nerevar on September 11, 2014, 07:27:46 AM
    Hello I downloaded your drill mod and am loving it, but I'm having some trouble getting uranium extraction to function.  I have 20 of the integrated circuit boards in stock, but none of my colonists will apply them to the drill.  Is there a skill I need to have prioritized?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi nerevar!

To extract Uranium, the requirements are:

• Research Deepdriller: Mineral sonar console (last research of the Deepdriller tech tree).
    • Build the Mineral sonar console AND the Compressor.
    • Activate the Uranium extraction (by default it is deactivated once the Mineral sonar console is built).
    • Supply the 3 required ingredients (advanced drill head, drill pipe and (integrated circuits board x 2)).
    • Supply enough power to the Deepdriller machine (1300 for Uranium).

Note that only the crafting integrated circuits board job is a crafting task (min level 7).
    All other Deepdriller-related works (like crafting drill head/pipe or supplying drill head/pipe/integrated circuits board) are mining jobs and don't require any min level.

Please check you have a pawn with the Mining work enabled. ;)

A screenshot or savegame file could help me if you still got a problem. :)

nerevar

Looks like I built a few too many extra lamps and ran out of power for it, didn't notice at all- derp!  Everything is working fine now, thanks for your quick answer.

Nume

mm well call me an idiot but i read the first post and i dont understand what the drill does. it produces rock?

Shinzy

Quote from: Nume on September 12, 2014, 06:14:53 AM
    mm well call me an idiot but i read the first post and i dont understand what the drill does. it produces rock?
    And metal! and silver and uranium!