[MOD] (Alpha 8) Lamps, Lanterns and Kits (V 1.4.0 / Outdated)

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 08, 2014, 11:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

This mod is now part of the Winter is Here! mod.

This mod adds a smaller light source with a quarter of the power requirements of a standing lamp, and a smaller radius of illumination.

You need to research Colored Lights to unlock the lamp.

Also, there is a mining lantern which requires no research.  However, it must be pre-assembled at a Lantern Table before being placed at the desired site.  It can be deconstructed into item form and re-used elsewhere.  Compared to the standing lamp it uses two-thirds as much power.

Changelog

Alpha 6

v1.0.0: Initial release.
v1.1.0: Added mining lantern and lantern-making table.
v1.2.0: Yes I know, version numbering is terrible, haha.  Increased value of lantern kits to 25 to decrease lantern kit spam in crashed cargo pods.
v1.2.3: Similar changes to v1.3.0 in Alpha 7, but supports Alpha 6.

Alpha 7

v1.3.0: Updated to Alpha 7.  Decreased metal cost for lamp.  Reduced power consumption for lamp and lantern to 40W and 100W respectively.  Screenshots do not reflect this.

Alpha 8

v1.4.0 Updated to Alpha 8. Added an outdoor battery kit, which requires 25 Steel and 5 stone blocks (of any type) to craft. You currently need two battery kits to make one outdoor battery (same size and capacity). Deconstructing the outdoor battery should yield the two kits again. Lantern and battery kits are made at the smithing table. Lamp no longer needs Coloured Lights to research.

Merged into the Winter is Here mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Patrykbono20

maybe you add this to construction I or power I, one from beginning resarch, not this of I think dont have high priority in researching

KnightsCross

why not make a lantern texture? looks cool though

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Bodog999

Would be awesome if you could make this an item for in your inventory then colonists can light it when they go into a dark room

RemingtonRyder

Well, I don't know if gear will emit light when it's equipped.  If not, I could at least make the lantern drop itself in item form when deconstructed, so that you can move it around that way.

And, I'll look at making a more lantern-like texture. :)

Timber

Quote from: marvinkosh on September 09, 2014, 10:48:16 AM
Well, I don't know if gear will emit light when it's equipped.  If not, I could at least make the lantern drop itself in item form when deconstructed, so that you can move it around that way.

And, I'll look at making a more lantern-like texture. :)

There is a user by the name of Clayton who does awesome art for modders for free.

Might want to drop him a line, heres his profile page:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=12300
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

RemingtonRyder

Well sure, but I like doing the art too you know? :)

Speaking of, here's a texture I worked on this afternoon.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Shinzy

Quote from: marvinkosh on September 09, 2014, 12:09:14 PM
Well sure, but I like doing the art too you know? :)

Speaking of, here's a texture I worked on this afternoon.

had to log in just to see this! I'm glad, makes me think of carved melon lamp =P
I'm gna have to try this one! I don't really like using the vanilla coloured lamps too much, they radiate way too strong hue around for my liking (which is okay for some rooms but *brr*)

Edit: just spawned some in to see how they look =P Looking grape!
I know what kinda mood lightning my stone paths are gna have around the colony soon

More colours? *poke*

RemingtonRyder

Sure, I can do more colours, if you throw me some suggestions or colour codes. :)

thefinn

tbh since the "power switch" mod has gone away (apparently there are changes in alpha 6 that make it impossible to remake) I have wondered why noone has made just a light that only activates when a colonist or person is in the room.

I guess half power consumption is a little more palatable tho ;)

Zeta Omega

Quote from: marvinkosh on September 09, 2014, 04:30:29 PM
Sure, I can do more colours, if you throw me some suggestions or colour codes. :)
Hmm have you thought of doing a furniture mod for rimworld? just some textures and new items

RemingtonRyder

Considering it.  Something to think about though - Alpha 7 will allow objects to have different appearances as masks rather than a texture for each one.  At least that's how I read it.

mrofa

Quote from: marvinkosh on September 09, 2014, 05:28:57 PM
Considering it.  Something to think about though - Alpha 7 will allow objects to have different appearances as masks rather than a texture for each one.  At least that's how I read it.

Yehh it will be texture grind :D
All i do is clutter all around.