Roads for faster travel

Started by smitevil, September 20, 2014, 06:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitevil

I don't know how to mod, but I would make a road mod for like +100% speed or even teleporters! Or Something like a airport walkway thingy? Would it be hard to do I mean make a new "Floors" item and label it Road maybe put it in the research thing and make it able to let your people run at 200% or somthing if that is possible.

skullywag

Totally possible but whats the need? just cuz?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

smitevil

Ok so the best spot on the map for me was pretty much on one corner of the map, and none of the colonists would ever go to the other side to pick up like a fallen silver. So I would half to manually tell them to run over there and pick it up. So I ended up making a road to the other side to make it faster. But it still freak-en slow... So what would be good is a road like that goes super fast but is really ugly and only build-able out doors or something for balance.

smitevil

Ok, so I started messing with walking speeds of roads and stuff in the Core mod and I set it to <PathCost>-9</PathCost> and the concrete I was messing with ended up being %324 walking speed... heh

Man when they touch that road they shoot off like a rocket. ===>

All tho this does make it much faster for the enemy to get to me.

kingtyris

This is already somewhat achievable. I build stone tile floors along any pathway I think my colonists might use often, which grant them %100 walk speed. It isn't much of an improvement over the I think %93 speed most outdoor ground grants, but its just a little something I do for fun more than anything. On maps this size, I don't really see the point in dedicated purpose built roads.

Barley

Roads are actually a bigger improvement than you think: Trees, shrubs, rocks, and even item piles all slow down your colonists beyond the base speed shown at the bottom corner of the screen. By clearing all these things and adding wood/stone/concrete flooring you give your colonists not only a huge speed boost, but also a coherency to pawn formations during sorties to kill sieges.