[MOD] (Alpha 6) Tougher Pawns (V 1.1.3 / 25.09.2014/ Testers Needed)

Started by RemingtonRyder, September 21, 2014, 01:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Bear in mind that higher-point pawns won't appear unless your colony is worth quite a bit, but you can use the dev tools to try out bigger groups.

What this does is add new definitions for enemy pawns, and adds two tags to the existing weapons, namely the minigun and the R4 Charge Rifle.

Mercenary Heavy: Equipped with a Minigun and be decked out in power armour.  More silver when dropping loot.

Mercenary Assault: Equipped with an R4 and decked out in power armour.  More silver when dropping loot.

Pirate Thug: Equipped with the best non-power-armour protection.  Has more money to spend on guns, drops more silver when dropping loot.

Pirate Engineer: As with the thug, but smaller loot and comes equipped with an R4.

Because these pawn types have a higher point value, this may reduce the amount of pawn spam when you hit end game.  I don't know for sure yet. ;)

Changelog:

v1.1.0

• Added missing FactionDefs entries, which allows the new pawns to be used in spawn groups.
  • Mercenary Heavies now actually have enough money to afford a Minigun.
  • Outlanders will get access to the Assault Mercenary, but not the other types.
  • Thug is not too common at the moment.  Adjusted their weapon spending money upwards to a max of 250.

v1.1.3

• Altered TougherFactionDefs so that a Merc Heavy spawns in with a Sniper, an Assault and two regular Mercs.
  • Thugs will now spawn in pairs.
  • Defs are case sensitive - changed Mercenarysniper to MercenarySniper.

Screenshots:

You will note from the above screenies that if you use Aparello, the new pawns will choose from the new options available without you needing to do anything. :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

MrDecay

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

RemingtonRyder

It's not working yet.  But I think I know what's wrong.  When I've got something, then maybe I'll get you a screenie.

(That's kind of why it says 'Testers Needed')

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

Some initial thoughts.  The heavy with the minigun tends to end up mowing down a lot of his own guys.  Tempted to leave this as is just for giggles, but no.

To make it a bit less likely, the heavy will spawn in with a larger group, so it's not three or four guys with miniguns riddling six guys in front with bullets.  Snicker.

Romi

Nice mod i'm tryng it out and let me know if is not compatibile with some mods.

RemingtonRyder

1.1.3 seems fine, not as much minigunnage as before, but the Merc Heavies are popping up with groups now in my test game.

Matthiasagreen

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

RemingtonRyder

• Added some high-end enemies for the late game: mercenary bruiser and mercenary elite.

Just looked. :)

Iwillbenicetou

Add a robo humanoid. Like half scyther, half human. Would be fun to see.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Romi

Still waiting for updated to add new stuffs and i didn't found problems with this mod.It's clean 100%100 no bugs :D