[MOD] (Alpha 7) Extended Surgery Mod

Started by CrazehMeow, October 03, 2014, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazehMeow

Release 1.2 A7

Hello fellow Rimworlders! Here's a small mod to rebalance surgery and protsthetics.

What does it do?

This mod gives you the ability to craft prosthetics yourself through the included prosthetic table.
Advanced prosthetics, such as Bionic Eyes require a high crafting skill and quite some plasteel. This way, the prosthetics are still somewhat expensive and hopefully balanced.

Plus, don't you hate it when your colonists take brain damage? Look no further, this mod adds the option to mend the brain with an AI persona core to restore your colonist beyond full capacity. I chose the AI core since it makes sense and the recipe gets really expensive so you don't do it all the time.

Before you start, you will of course need to research prosthetics.

Current features

• Research Prosthetics
  • Build prosthetics table
  • Craft vanilla bionics, 120% efficency
  • Craft vanilla simple prosthetics, leg 85%, arm 50%
  • Missing eyes now make your colonists less beautiful, debuff to talking
  • Craft glass eyes, 0% sight, gives talking buff to counter talking debuff
  • Craft eye patch, 0% sight, gives weaker talking buff (e.g. with both eyes gone and two eye patches 80% talking)
  • Craft hook hand, 50% efficency (subject to change!)
  • All the above can be surgically attached to your colonists!

Planned features

• Removal and attachment of small body parts like fingers, toes, hands, feet
  • Craftable chips to attach on the brain, increase hearing, seeing, smelling and conciousness
  • Bionic organs such as a improved heart. These would require a heart to craft to begin with.
  • More silly and useful prosthetics.
  • Trait integration so that people will love and hate the improvements done on them.

Changelog 1.2

• Missing eyes have talking debuff
  • Addes glass eyes
  • Added eye patch
  • Added hook hand
  • Eye prosthetics counter talking debuff

Download

Here, or from the attachement below. Legacy versions will only be downloadble from here, for now.

PS: I'm very open to discussion regarding balancing or possible future features. Also, please let me know of any bugs and/or conflicts with other mods.

Have fun! :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Shinzy

Glass eye with 0 sight obviously but with beautiness/social buff (Or whatever similar is doable, I didn't really get too indepth in how these work myself! =P didn't wanan pursue making a mod that wouldn't potentially work with other possibly much better prosthetic mods! Like this one, hehe!)

OH! Hook hand is a must, if you don't add a hook hand you will be sorry *shakes fist, very menancingly*

CrazehMeow

Quote from: Shinzy on October 03, 2014, 12:30:00 PM
Glass eye with 0 sight obviously but with beautiness/social buff (Or whatever similar is doable, I didn't really get too indepth in how these work myself!

I really like that idea! I could take a look at the new hats that were added (they have a social buff), maybe I can make a social debuff to having no eyes wich glass eyes then improve again :)

OH! Hook hand is a must, if you don't add a hook hand you will be sorry *shakes fist, very menancingly*

Will do!  ;D I also had eyepatches in mind for a full fledged pirate feeling. Yarr!

Ramsis

Quote from: CrazehMeow on October 03, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
Release 1.0 A7

Hello fellow Rimworlders! Here's a small mod to rebalance surgery and protsthetics.

What does it do?

This mod gives you the ability to craft prosthetics yourself through the included prosthetic table.
Advanced prosthetics, such as Bionic Eyes require a high crafting skill and quite some plasteel. This way, the prosthetics are still somewhat expensive and hopefully balanced.

Plus, don't you hate it when your colonists take brain damage? Look no further, this mod adds the option to mend the brain with an AI persona core to restore your colonist beyond full capacity. I chose the AI core since it makes sense and the recipe gets really expensive so you don't do it all the time.

Before you start, you will of course need to research prosthetics.

Planned features

• Craftable chips to attach on the brain, increase hearing, seeing, smelling and conciousness
  • Bionic organs such as a improved heart. These would require a heart to craft to begin with.
  • More silly and useful prosthetics.
  • Trait integration so that people will love and hate the improvements done on them.

PS: I'm very open to discussion regarding balancing or possible future features. Also, please let me know of any bugs and/or conflicts with other mods.

Have fun! :)

No amount of saying I love you will ever express how much I love you for this addition.

Good sir may I beg of you to please make a list of all of our options in game with a description of how each new organ/prosthetic changes things? Also please keep up the great work! The prosthetics system brings such a breath of fresh air to day to day colonist management.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

CrazehMeow

Quote from: Ramsis on October 03, 2014, 12:53:43 PM
No amount of saying I love you will ever express how much I love you for this addition.

Quote from: Romi on October 03, 2014, 01:30:38 PM
realistic cool mod

Thank you very much! This is my first mod release ever and it fills me with great pride knowing people like it so far! :)

Quote from: Ramsis on October 03, 2014, 12:53:43 PM
Good sir may I beg of you to please make a list of all of our options in game with a description of how each new organ/prosthetic changes things?

I have done that now, take a look at the first post to see it :)

Glass eye with 0 sight obviously but with beautiness/social buff (Or whatever similar is doable, I didn't really get too indepth in how these work myself! =P didn't wanan pursue making a mod that wouldn't potentially work with other possibly much better prosthetic mods! Like this one, hehe!)

I think I have now added all you asked for. :) Let me know if you like it or if it needs some changes!

And again thanks to everyone who played it so far. 150 downloads, I actually can't believe it :D

Shinzy

Quote from: CrazehMeow on October 03, 2014, 04:10:25 PMI think I have now added all you asked for. :) Let me know if you like it or if it needs some changes!

I will take my colonists under the hacksaw very soon! I will let you know if anything bothers me too much =P

Rex705

Sounds cool :) Now my crazy quack Doc can do all kinds of experiments on my colonists and prisoners.

conrad812

I hope you get some of the other prosthetics like bionic dentures or robot mandibles or something added in soon!
i don't know anything about coding, i'm just here to download mods.

TheClassiness

Are you planning on keeping this to strange little things like eye patches and glass eyes and stuff like that? I'd love to have the ability to one day replace every single piece of humans with a cybernetic counterpart. Make some super badass robot community.

Killaim

i got a few ideas if you like :3

1. a boomrat organ - Colonist now explodes on death :D

2. a ResistanceIsFutile Chip - Install into those pesky prisoneers that wont recruit (instant colonist - BUT they are a bit slow and unhappy - (perhaps upgrade with your AI core to negate)

3. Ocular Laser Pointer - attach a laser to the side of the eye why not - Improved gun use

4. RollerFeet - Rollerblades instead of Feet ? of course! - improved speed on hard materials - HORRIBLE speed on sand/dirt

:3 hehe

Goldsmyths

What I thought of this?

jk, I love this. Now we just have a few organs we need to aug and then I wonder if the colonist is still Human? :D

I believe we can assume that hand are for work speed, and legs are for walk speed. But what about what does 120% consciousness and sight do? (From having AI brains and bionic eyes)
Is the consciousness for research speed?
And sight is to increase weapon range?

Smasher5523

my colonist lost a nose, will this be added? Improved n0s3

Shinzy

Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 04, 2014, 04:23:34 AM

N053 3000! With lifelike booger extraction module, can be adjusted to give a shock for compulsive nose pickers

Behaves like a reaaaal nose! - N053 3kâ,,¢ Can't sneeze without it!
Get your's now! now! now! now! now!

CrazehMeow

Quote from: Goldsmyths on October 03, 2014, 11:38:40 PM

I believe we can assume that hand are for work speed, and legs are for walk speed. But what about what does 120% consciousness and sight do? (From having AI brains and bionic eyes)
Is the consciousness for research speed?
And sight is to increase weapon range?

Conciousness is about everywhere! It mostly speed things up in general.
It determines your

• Move speed
  • Medical Operation Speed
  • Melee hit chance
  • Shooting accuracy
  • Mining Speed
  • Research Speed
  • Construction Speed
  • Plant work speed
And probably a whole lot more  ;D

Quote from: Shinzy on October 04, 2014, 05:14:50 AM
Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 04, 2014, 04:23:34 AM

N053 3000! With lifelike booger extraction module, can be adjusted to give a shock for compulsive nose pickers

Behaves like a reaaaal nose! - N053 3kâ,,¢ Can't sneeze without it!
Get your's now! now! now! now! now!
This is just plain silly... I love it! :D I'll do that for sure.

Quote from: conrad812 on October 03, 2014, 07:45:17 PM
I hope you get some of the other prosthetics like bionic dentures or robot mandibles or something added in soon!
Quote from: TheClassiness on October 03, 2014, 10:36:29 PM
I'd love to have the ability to one day replace every single piece of humans with a cybernetic counterpart. Make some super badass robot community.

I really want to do that, but I'm not sure about cluttering the bill menu thingie too much. There's definitely going to be more but maybe not completely robot.

And now the juicy stuff...

Quote from: Killaim on October 03, 2014, 11:35:12 PM
i got a few ideas if you like :3

1. a boomrat organ - Colonist now explodes on death :D

2. a ResistanceIsFutile Chip - Install into those pesky prisoneers that wont recruit (instant colonist - BUT they are a bit slow and unhappy - (perhaps upgrade with your AI core to negate)

3. Ocular Laser Pointer - attach a laser to the side of the eye why not - Improved gun use

4. RollerFeet - Rollerblades instead of Feet ? of course! - improved speed on hard materials - HORRIBLE speed on sand/dirt

:3 hehe

I really like those ideas. Especially the rollerblades and boomrat organ. However, these can't be done via simple xml modding. I'll need to write assemblies. That might take me longer than the other stuff but I definetely want to try doing that :)