[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Quote from: Rathael on February 21, 2015, 11:47:02 AM
This mod is giving the same error on world gen as Right Tool For The Job.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6666.45

After generating just over three dozens of worlds I still can't seem to replicate such an error. Could you provide more details on it?

Rathael

Hmm after having removed Edb Prepare carefully it has stopped. I can gen worlds with rimfire already active now. odd.

Alistaire

Vonholtz

are the sounds of the guns one you have added or did they change the sounds in alpha 9 for the game. I am sure some sounds of the gun fire sounds like it is from the old PC game Close Combat.  :D

Alistaire

I've added gun sounds to my own guns. The base sounds were painstakingly taken from gun videos on Youtube and the noises were edited out to give a cleaner audio file. Some gun sounds were bass boosted and such.
None were taken from video games, though, and I'm not familiar with the game Close Combat.

Ykara

I love this mod, especially its vanilla friendly textures. They fit the Rimworld artstyle very well, great job. I think that's the only gun mod I will keep ^^

NoImageAvailable

Been playing with this for my latest playthrough and that is some very nice spritework. Though it does make things rather easy when a sieging party spawns with all Deringers :D
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.2 out! This version adds a Mikor MGL, and the CombatRealism version of the launcher also has frag ammunition!

Any other parts of the mod have not changed, and it's safe to keep playing on the same savegame as you normally would.

Alistaire

So as always I wasn't happy with the current artstyle and decided to try mimicking the Alpha 9 style in more detail.
Obvious differences are in the trigger and the heavily simplified colour blobs, less obvious differences are in the amount of dark colours on the sprite.

• v1.2 is the current 93r Machinepistol (burstfire machinepistol in-game);
  • I is the first try where I almost literally copy the Pistol's artstyle;
  • II is the second try where I add more details to make the gun look different enough to be recognizable from the vanilla one;
  • A9 is the vanilla Pistol.

Going from I to II, you can see that the sprite gets darker around the trigger and lighter around the important features of the gun.
Both sprites were tested in-game, and the darker gun (not final) looked way more recognizable, which is a good thing.

Makropony

The "Military rifle" doesn't seem to be working. My colonists can equip it, but can't fire it and it doesn't show up on the bar at the bottom as a weapon.
Scratch that, re-making a colony fixed it.

Alistaire

Working on the simplified version some more - they look better with the vanilla weapons. And an in-game look:

skullywag

Alistaire I havent checked but make sure you have thing categories on your gun defs. Itll stop errors with edbs mods. Check his thread for the fix its on the last couple of pages or so.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Alistaire

I don't get why people keep telling me that. I copied the exact BaseGun thingDef and used it for every weapon in the mod - it has a single thingCategories list item, WeaponsRanged, which is the same as it is in the base game.

I've played Rimfire along with every EdB mod and had no console errors at all.

Also, EdB has several threads. If you could point me to the right one, that'd help too.

skullywag

Only if it was this issue:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7380.msg110917#msg110917
If it wasnt then make sure your users are up to date with edbs mods, its usually the cause.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.