[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Nataris

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 24, 2015, 03:16:42 AM
Quote from: Nataris on April 23, 2015, 07:39:07 PM
Any plans to update the compatibility patch for Combat Realism?  Would be the missing piece of my next playthrough.  Ive been dieing to try both mods.

Great job with the work so far.  Very much appreciated.

Great, thank you!  :)

I'll be providing my own patch in the future. Makes it easier to keep it up-to-date with balance adjustments and such.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Nataris on April 28, 2015, 08:57:49 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 24, 2015, 03:16:42 AM
Quote from: Nataris on April 23, 2015, 07:39:07 PM
Any plans to update the compatibility patch for Combat Realism?  Would be the missing piece of my next playthrough.  Ive been dieing to try both mods.

Great job with the work so far.  Very much appreciated.

Great, thank you!  :)

I'll be providing my own patch in the future. Makes it easier to keep it up-to-date with balance adjustments and such.

I hope you dont mind but i have already made a patch for combat realism for my Ultimate Overhaul Modpack, if you would like to check it out you are more than welcome to use it or change it in any way it is called the Combat Realism + Rimfire Compatibility Patch: http://goo.gl/Ri2lIJ it is not so much of a patch but a complete rework. I also completely reworked  combat realism for more balance to better reflect weapon types, ignore the SCA10Core folder it is just modified files for compatibility with my modpack. The Rimfire Combat Realism Rework is all you need, but the combat realism would also have to follow suit and go with my modifications. in order for everything to sync, all the changes i made are in the Weapons_guns.xml, Anyways just trying to help.

the only thing is you would have to change this bit of code from SteelBar to just Steel since it is modified to be compatible with superior crafting in my modpack. And that is kind of  the reason why i haven't made it available as a separate download for anyone since i would need two of the exact same patches just with that one bit of code changed.
Cheers!
                      <smeltProducts>
                       <SteelBar>10</SteelBar>
                      </smeltProducts>

Alistaire

Combat Realism compatibility patch released

This time, NoImageAvailable himself has provided the CombatRealism version of Rimfire. You can download it off of the usual download locations: Dropbox, Nexus Mods and ModDB.

Thanks for your interest in Rimfire and CombatRealism!

Adamiks

Is there any chance for Rimfire-Rimsenal compatible fix? Because i think that Scout in rimfire is better than all this shinny sniper rifles in Rimsenal and (this is the biggest problem!) scout isn't really too good referring to the vanilla game.

Alistaire

Quote from: Adamiks on May 09, 2015, 08:32:28 AM
Is there any chance for Rimfire-Rimsenal compatible fix? Because i think that Scout in rimfire is better than all this shinny sniper rifles in Rimsenal and (this is the biggest problem!) scout isn't really too good referring to the vanilla game.

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Do you want the Scout to be more OP so it's still a viable option when you're using the massively OP Rimsenal mod?
I think you're better off editing the stats yourself if you have an idea what you want changed.

Adamiks

I mean that scout is too OP referring to Rimsenal but isn't too OP to vanilla game (i mean rimfire weapons are balanced to vanilla game but no to rimsenal). For example in Rimsenal there is a sniper rifle with max range 50, 30dmg and this rifle is more expensive than scout (scout have 50range, 38dmg).

Alistaire

Quote from: Adamiks on May 09, 2015, 10:17:08 AM
I mean that scout is too OP referring to Rimsenal but isn't too OP to vanilla game (i mean rimfire weapons are balanced to vanilla game but no to rimsenal). For example in Rimsenal there is a sniper rifle with max range 50, 30dmg and this rifle is more expensive than scout (scout have 50range, 38dmg).

The base game Sniper Rifle has 45 range and 40 damage. The Scout is a sidegrade, as are all the weapons in Rimfire. Its stats are balanced to work with vanilla and any mods that balance to vanilla, because that kinda makes sense.
I don't believe Rimsenal modifies vanilla weapons, so I don't see why my weapons should be modified. Rimsenal balances its weapons in a different way. The 50 range 30 damage rifle you're talking about shoots bullets with speed 300(!!!!), is extremely accurate on long range and is therefore way more accurate than the Scout. Granted, the 2100 market value is a lot, but I am not going to patch Rimsenal to work with vanilla. That's rooki1's job.

In short, if you still feel something should be done I suggest you make the patch yourself or ask rooki1 about it.

Alistaire

Combat Realism compatibility patch updated

Combat Realism has updated, and sniper rifles now require Verb_ShootSniper instead of Verb_ShootRifle. To update, remove your previous version of /Mods/CombatRealism Rimfire/ and paste this one. You can download it off of the usual download locations: Dropbox, Nexus Mods and ModDB.

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.4 for Alpha 11 progress

Since the last update I hadn't worked a lot on Rimfire, including a few sniper rifles here and there, but with Rimworld Alpha 11 releasing and all that I'll have to update my mod. So far I finished a few sprites for new weapons, which are guaranteed to be included this v1.4 release. The sounds aren't finished, so I'll be editing gunshots for some time.

I expect v1.4 to hit the usual download locations before the end of the week, along with three new sniper rifles and a new pistol.

Alistaire

V1.4 for Alpha 11 out!

Four guns have been added, including two Anti-Materiel rifles.
The mod's archive has been cleaned up a bit, old images have been removed and the source code for the .dll isn't included in the main download locations.

NephilimNexus

( Tchey )

Alistaire

I've cleaned up OP a lot to make it easier for people to navigate downloads.
A link to the wiki has been supplied (http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Alistaire/Mod:Rimfire#Versions) for old versions of the mod.

Loki88

Is there a gun in this that would be a close equivalent to the carbine from the old Guns+ mod? If not is it a pain in the arse to add? I really enjoyed that gun and sound that came with it. If my modding skills didn't = crap I would try to add it in to mine but I have a tendency to break things while modding :(

Alistaire

Rimfire doesn't add such a weapon.

I'd like to add weapons from the Guns+ mod, sure, but I don't believe it's really my responsibility to both update and maintain a mod from
three alphas back. There's been two gun rebalances in these alphas, so the gun's stats can't be copied directly either.

I get you'd like to have the Carbine in Alpha 11, but the best way would probably be to ask Guns+' author about updating his mod or getting
his permission to use his sound effects and gun sprites to make a new Carbine mod. Old mods get updated without the owner's permission
too, so if you're planning to maintain the mod for a while that's a possibility. Adding a gun to Rimworld is one of the easiest things you can
do, and my mod's code was originally based off of Guns+' code (I copied its sound definition files and used them instead of the standard
Rimworld sound definition files).

If you're at all interested in modding Rimworld I'd suggest you compare the "*Rimworld*/Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Weapons_Guns.xml"
file in both Alpha 8 and Alpha 11 to find the code differences between the versions (especially the differences in weapon stats is important -
there's been rebalances), then apply this knowledge to the Alpha 8 version of Guns+. I would personally do exactly this if I was to update
the mod. I wrote a quick introduction to modding weapons on the wiki too, if you're interested. Other than that there's the Help subforum
if you really break things in a major way.

I'm sorry if you expected me to add the Carbine to my own mod, but I think Hunter712 has to maintain his own mods.

TL;DR:
  • Rimfire doesn't have a Carbine clone at the moment
  • Updating Guns+ might require permission
  • You could update the mod yourself; modding weapons isn't hard