[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

zenfur

Sure, I'll test this out and let you know! Thanks.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

CaptOdee

Would love to see the Smith&Wesson M&P15

Alistaire

That gun would look and mechanically work exactly like an M4A1, so I'd rather just add an M4A1 then.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the base game Assault Rifle is already very similar to that.

Alistaire

For anyone wondering whether the mod will work for A12b.. ..it does!

I haven't recompiled the AntiMateriel.dll because I can't be asked to upload a new version of Rimfire when that still works. What
did change in A12b is the following:

- Assault rifle has a 0.03 sec higher cooldown;
- Charge rifle does 1 more damage;
- I believe there's another one of these things, so minor even I forgot it.

So you see there's really no use in a Rimfire v1.8, things still work!

Alistaire

As always, NoImageAvailable will provide their own Rimfire compatibility patch. I'm not sure when it comes out, but when
it does it'll be up on all usual download locations. Oh my!

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.8 & v1.8 CR for Alpha 12 released

Hello! It's been a busy... while... and with me helping on CombatRealism's latest aiming system rework it was also full of RimWorld modding!
Because of course I can't just release a CombatRealism patch I decided to add a new gun and redo all the sound defs for this update. Please tell me if you like it, the gun sounds are way less overpowering in my opinion.

And because I want to start doing these things, here is a small changelog:

• A new gun has been added, the HK CAWS,
  • All guns have had their sound effects redone. The volumes and pitches were fixed and they all have a reverb now,
  • The AR-50 (deadeye rifle) is now an Anti-Materiel rifle too, with a low 50 extra damage to buildings,
  • Anti-Materiel weapons now use a <comp> instead of a custom <ThingDef> to increase compatibility, sadly they still require a custom projectile.

Along with that I decided to move some parts of the mod post to the wiki page. The gun list will be placed there momentarily to keep it all a bit neater.

Thanks for reading this update! Enjoy Rimfire v1.8!
~ Alistaire

EDIT: For anyone who downloaded the mod like 10 minutes after initial release, I fixed the bit that gives errors on startup, please redownload!

FMJ Penguin

Heya just wanted to say thanks for the mod Alistaire!

Not normally a weapon nut as far as mods go but tried yours out and really dig the fact that you gave them all game-friendly names instead of the real-world names. Also really like that you spent the time to give them all unique sounds too which is something that RW in general can always use more of.

Speaking of sounds. Dug up this old one I had made for the base game lmg back in alpha 8 but never uploaded it. Lmg used to us the minigun's sound which bugged me(may still use it but haven't tried the lmg for a long time so donno). Maybe you can find some use for it though.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/22egvfqe97kw709/AAAeqKWAmtTv92BKN6XzJ-3Ua?dl=0

Thanks again for the mod.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Siberianhamster

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.8 CR for Alpha 12 updated

CombatRealism updated and it now requires a newer version of the patch, which is now up on all download locations.

Please redownload the patch, thanks!

LustrousWolf

Alistaire

Quote from: LustrousWolf on September 12, 2015, 04:00:19 AM
I get this error, I believe it is this mod that adds in squads? https://gyazo.com/0ff6032660460be1e39e9b916670ed2a

I'm entirely sure this mod has nothing to do with that error.

bazalisk

Quote from: LustrousWolf on September 12, 2015, 04:00:19 AM
I get this error, I believe it is this mod that adds in squads? https://gyazo.com/0ff6032660460be1e39e9b916670ed2a

Do you use Clutter mod?

i had this issue for ages and found that clutter mod was conflicting with Mech. Defense 2 for some odd reason.

i removed clutter and everything has been fine since. 

hope this helps :D

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.8 CR for Alpha 12 updated.. again

CombatRealism updated and it now requires a newer version of the patch, which is now up on all download locations.
This version allows Rimfire to use the new armor system.

Loki88

Is there a real world gun that you based the hunting rifle off of, or is it just from your imagination? It's quickly becoming my favourite to have colonists equipped with along with the storm carbines.