[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Grimandevil

Quote from: Alistaire on March 12, 2016, 06:41:29 PM
Then I think you have "Rimfire 1.8" but you need to replace it with "CombatRealism + Rimfire 1.8" to make it work with CombatRealism. Only one of the two must be active at any point, depending on whether CombatRealism is active.
i always thought the name is a bit misleading. had to rename it to "Rimfire 1.8 (for CombatRealism)"on my list.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

falconbunker

Thank you Alistaire, keep up the good work.

Edit: put the mod on and the error doesn't show up anymore, thanks again.

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.8 CR updated for CombatRealism v1.5.0

CombatRealism updated and it now requires a newer version of the patch, which is now up on all download locations.

rtmdchnk

Quote from: Alistaire on March 20, 2016, 01:26:00 PM
Rimfire v1.8 CR updated for CombatRealism v1.5.0
Thanks, how about lower the AP for 45 acp pistols?
or make 9 mm more penetrative like in real life, they faster and smaller

Alistaire

NIA (CombatRealism author) supplies the CR patches, you'll want to ask him about their balance.

Alistaire

Alpha 13 plans

For this version of Rimfire a CCL (Community Core Library) MCM (Mod Configuration Menu) will be added to switch between gun names, select
and deselect guns to be spawned in-game and make sure deselected guns will be actively removed from the game. The decision to use CCL will
mean it will take some time for Rimfire to update to 1.9 for A13.

Besides that A13 appears to be quite different from A12 in that weapon crafting is apparently a vanilla thing now. Exciting stuff!

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.9 for Alpha 13 released

Since I don't want to keep you guys waiting for CCL I've decided to upload v1.9 as intermediary version to v2.0. This way you can enjoy the new crafting and research options that A13 introduced. This version adds a whole six new guns including the AK-47 and RPG-7, the two highest scoring options in the poll, and two new LMG's: the Madsen LMG and the Type 73 LMG. Besides these new additions I have tweaked all gun graphics over the past few months to look even better than before - all outlines were reworked, sometimes from scratch.

About the crafting options for A13: Three new research projects were added to lock the more powerful pistols, SMGs, assault rifles and sniper rifles from the machining table and with the introduction of the RPG-7 it would of course be a shame if you could not equip firing squads of colonists with this craftable, multiple use rocket launcher.

The component costs of each weapon is balanced to work with vanilla and very high power weaponry such as antimateriel rifles (which are craftable) have high resource costs as to make them more of an end-game weapon. Trader tags for exotic weapons have been switched around a bit. Rimfire pistols and light SMG's are now compatible with MedievalShields by Skullywag.

And because I want to start doing these things, here is a small changelog:

• Six new guns have been added: the AK-47, RPG-7, Madsen LMG, Type 73 LMG, Taurus Judge and Hafdasa C-4,
  • All guns have had their graphics reworked. Outlines were fixed and a few guns have a bit of a reflection of wood parts on their metal parts,
  • The Multiple Grenade Launcher can now be automatically fired by pawns and do not require manual aiming anymore,
  • Few descriptions were changed to mention crafting costs of certain weapons
  • The Galil (iraqi rifle) was finally renamed to "jagged rifle", a change which got lost several times, somehow.

Thanks for reading this update! Enjoy Rimfire v1.9!
~ Alistaire

falconbunker

Yessssss! Downloading this immediately once I can

FrankDrebin

Cant get this to work on A13, tried follow instructions, installed combat realism and community core library and Rimfire 1.9, can't find any patches even mentioned, also Combat Realism and Core Library seem to have ONLY A12 versions available, so how this suppose even work in A13? Could someone provide clear instructions how to do this and what I need if missing something here? Thanks!

Speeny

Love the mod but is there anyway to remove rail guns? I find that by mid game everyone seems to have one and it makes things kinda silly.

Mr.Cross

Is there a way that I could get some weapons like this to crash down with the colonists or is that some unknown voodoo, I'm not asking to be gifted the glorious rug right away, I'd just like some variety in my starting weapons.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful mod, and clearing up my mild confusion.

Claims to know most things.

falconbunker

The only way i know of is to use EDBs prepare carefully, problem is that it isnt updated yet

Alistaire

Quote from: FrankDrebin on April 08, 2016, 08:23:43 PM
Cant get this to work on A13, tried follow instructions, installed combat realism and community core library and Rimfire 1.9, can't find any patches even mentioned, also Combat Realism and Core Library seem to have ONLY A12 versions available, so how this suppose even work in A13? Could someone provide clear instructions how to do this and what I need if missing something here? Thanks!

Both CCL and CR were not updated for A13 yet. The version of Rimfire for A13 does not require either of those mods and the weapons are balanced around vanilla guns rather than CR ones.

Quote from: Mr.Cross on April 09, 2016, 12:43:30 AM
Is there a way that I could get some weapons like this to crash down with the colonists or is that some unknown voodoo, I'm not asking to be gifted the glorious rug right away, I'd just like some variety in my starting weapons.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful mod, and clearing up my mild confusion.

It's possible but requires overwriting this file that many mods already have to replace. If you really want to start with mod weaponry I would suggest spawning them in with the debug menu until EdB Prepare Carefully has updated - my implementation of such a system would not give you as much control as Prepare Carefully (and it would make the mod incompatible with others).

If EdB Prepare Carefully will not update to A13 I could look into making such functionality.

Quote from: Speeny on April 09, 2016, 12:10:45 AM
Love the mod but is there anyway to remove rail guns? I find that by mid game everyone seems to have one and it makes things kinda silly.

For Rimfire v2.0 for A13 I will have included a CCL mod menu which allows just that. In the meantime you can go to RimWorld1135***\Mods\Rimfire 1.9\Defs\ThingDefs\Weapons_Guns.xml and search for "AntiMateriel.Projectile_AM" and "RF_AntiMateriel", remove the entire <ThingDef> containing them. That way you should have removed the three antimateriel rifles from the game. Then in RimWorld1135***\Mods\Rimfire 1.9\Defs\ResearchProjectDefs\ResearchProjectDefs_Tier1.xml remove the entire <ResearchProjectDef> "RF_AntiMateriel" to remove the research from them (which would not do anything at that point).

Speeny

Thanks Alistaire. I spend a lot of time streaming rimworld and have always felt this was the best option for a weapon pack but the rail rifles made things kinda like "Oh there is a rifle and i have to use it because its the best option and every raider has one".

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.9 RPG-7/AK-47 patch

Attached to this post a small patch to increase visibility of the RPG-7 projectile and rename the AK-47 from "guerrilla rifle" to "guerilla rifle".

Drag ZIP contents into your mods folder containing Rimfire 1.9, the correct files will be replaced.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]