[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Upcoming v2.0 or v1.10 for A13: MCM suggestions needed!

CCL, Community Core Library, has introduced an MCM, Mod Configuration Menu, in the previous release. Rimfire 2.0+ is planned to include an MCM and the following features are planned:

• Enabling/disabling every weapon in Rimfire in a filter (as in recipes) from spawning in raids and traders;
  • A toggle which actively removes every disabled weapon from the savegame in a more aggressive way;
  • A dropdown menu to select your preferred weapon naming scheme from: Alpha 8, Alpha 9+, Long/Short real life name, Simple (pistol/rifle).

I would like to know what you want to see in such an MCM. Feel free to suggest anything, we will always be able to poll more complicated features.

Thanks!
-Alistaire

Alistaire

Loki88

It makes me sad that I'm the only one who voted for rim fire caliber guns  :( though more people did vote for the 10/22 which is rim fire...

Kittaye

It would be neat if they could be categorised by weapon class.

Jessi

Really would love some WW2-Era weaponry since Project Armoury died.

MP40, PPSH, Degtyaryov, Thompson, Colt, MG42, Sten M2, Lee Enfield... They're all so good, and my colonists need them some Enfields and Stens.
A curious little creature...

Alistaire

Quote from: Loki88 on April 14, 2016, 10:22:57 AM
It makes me sad that I'm the only one who voted for rim fire caliber guns  :( though more people did vote for the 10/22 which is rim fire...

The 10/22 is on the backlog, I might not work on new guns for a while but it'll be added at some point.

Quote from: Kittaye on April 14, 2016, 11:15:06 AM
It would be neat if they could be categorised by weapon class.

I will look into this. There are some problems with categorization since vanilla weapons would not be categorized unless they were hardcoded to be
and any other mod would have to make compatibility patches to join the same categories - there's some complexity in this request.

Quote from: Jessi on April 14, 2016, 03:47:11 PM
Really would love some WW2-Era weaponry since Project Armoury died.

MP40, PPSH, Degtyaryov, Thompson, Colt, MG42, Sten M2, Lee Enfield... They're all so good, and my colonists need them some Enfields and Stens.

The base game Survival rifle can be renamed to Lee-Enfield (as it was called in A8 and before) through the MCM in the next version of Rimfire and
there is an M-3 Grease gun in the mod already. Some of the mentioned guns are already on the backlog and I remember there was a mod
specifically adding WW2 weaponry for A12.

Arigas

Always been a huge fan of the P90, any chance that gun is included? I didn't notice it in the first post, but just asking to be sure >.>

hwoo

A Kar98 rifle would be amazing. Still a hugely accurate rifle that can easily shoot with the best. Love this mod.

Alistaire

Quote from: Arigas on April 14, 2016, 10:13:51 PM
Always been a huge fan of the P90, any chance that gun is included? I didn't notice it in the first post, but just asking to be sure >.>

It is not included in the current version of Rimfire (v1.9), however High Caliber contains one in its current version.

Quote from: hwoo on April 15, 2016, 02:41:02 AM
A Kar98 rifle would be amazing. Still a hugely accurate rifle that can easily shoot with the best. Love this mod.

The gun is visually quite similar to the already included Mosin and the base game Lee-Enfield which is a problem associated with the game's zoom
level and texture sizes. I think WW2 Weapons contains a Kar98 though the mod is for A12 at this moment. There are few changes between A12 and
A13 for weapon code so you may want to bug the author about it.

Alistaire

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.0 for Alpha 13 released

Phew, just in time for CCL v13 - we got a few new things to cover for this update:

The CCL update is out and Rimfire now includes a mod configuration menu! You can now individually enable and disable any of the guns in the mod, change craftability and categorization on all of them and even change the naming schemes to one of five pre-determined ones with a nice preview filter UI showing exactly what each option does. Besides that the vanilla guns will update categorization and naming schemes according to your Rimfire preferences! Any mod authors willing to spend a tiny bit of time (XML only!) categorizing their weaponry will be able to profit from this functionality as well.

Next up the RPG-7 does now actually require you to research "Small Rockets", and it does now display smoke trailing behind the (new and improved) projectile.

All audio files are now in 16-bit OGG format (rather than 32-bit WAV) which massively decreased the download size to less than half of Rimfire v1.0 - all vanilla audio files are in 16-bit OGG (and all in 44kHz as well) and the in-game reverb effect makes this decreased audio quality unnoticeable.

• Crafting the RPG-7 now requires Small rockets to be researched and the RPG-7 projectile now has a smoke trail,
  • All guns can be categorized instantly using CCL's MCM,
  • Rimfire gun craftability can be toggled,
  • There are now several language files which can be switched between on-the-fly,
  • Audio file size has been decreased massively by switching to vanilla's 16-bit OGG format.

Don't forget to download CCL for this update!

Thanks for reading,
~ Alistaire