[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

jayerbayer

I'm so excited! take your time  ;D and i don't use combat realism so don't need a patch for it

Rafe009

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.1 for Alpha 14 released!

Finally Rimfire has been updated to A14. This version adds fifteen new guns including four new Charge weapons: Pistol, SMG, Shotgun and Sniper rifle; and a new Neolithic weapon, the Atlatl. These additions are to celebrate the Community Core Library (CCL) Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) update that I have been working on since A13 - you are now able to switch on and off any weapon in the game, including those in other mods which means that if you have weapons you can just disable whichever you like, or if you prefer the Rimfire Charge shotgun over the Charge rifle you are fully able to just switch off the rifle. This comes with a lot of problems in case at least one of a certain type of weapon is allowed so I also present to you a system which prevents you from having these problems by mistake - you are instantly warned whenever a configuration is very likely to crash your game. This error checking is sadly not absolute and I expect anyone to use some common sense when deciding whether a configuration is a bad idea.

In your archive you will also find "Rimfire 2.1 + Clutter Misc Hands". This is a patch for Clutter Misc v1.0.3 by mrofa. Each hand position was created by hand and I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I do. Here's a screenshot:

Many market values and crafting costs were rebalanced to be less poor and less overpowered (this differed a lot between guns). New ThingCategoryDefs were added for categorization, including one for Mechanoid weapons so you can switch off the inferno cannon for good. All added weapons of course have language options and there has also been a pass over the SoundDefs yet again to make each gun sound even better. Rimfire is still compatible with MedievalShields by Skullywag, another mod which you might enjoy as well.

With that out of the way, let's get to the changelog:

• Fifteen new guns have been added: the Charge SMG, Charge pistol, Charge shotgun, Charge sniper rifle, Ruger 10/22, MP5K-PDW, Atlatl, Barrett M82A1, Rheinmetall MG-60, Short crossbow, Ruger Mk.III Standard, Spencer repeating rifle, Dragunov SVD, S&W Model 500 and Carl-Gustaf M3,
  • All soundDefs had their volume tweaked so no gun is overpowering or very quiet,
  • All costLists, marketValues and workAmounts were rebalanced with Vanilla. I will leave you to figure out the most cost-effective ways and most profitable ways to train crafting - I do now know the answer,
  • A "Nuke button" was added to the ModConfigurationMenu to remove any deactivated weapons when you switch settings in-game,
  • You are now allowed to toggle weapons for the full game rather than for Rimfire alone. This includes mechanoid weaponry and all melee weapons, along with any weapons other mods might add,
  • A patch for Clutter Misc Module - Hands has been added with hand-picked values for each Rimfire gun. You will require this mod (linked earlier in the post) and Rimfire active along with the patch for this to take effect (as seen in the screenshots),
  • All workToMake were multiplied by 4~7 from A13 to A14 in accordance with the vanilla weapons.

Thanks for reading the update, enjoy Rimfire v2.1!
~ Alistaire

Diana Winters

Now to wait for the CR patch...
Keep up the good work

Alistaire

Also, here's an untested Rimfire v2.1 CR patch. I will not be able to maintain it, so if any better ones are made I would like their author to make a thread for it.

Rimfire v2.1 for Combat Realism

The dropbox link now links to the same version of the Rimfire v2.1 CR patch which is available on all other locations.

jayerbayer

This looks so sick! thanks so much Alistaire for putting so much work into this mod. I cannot wait to try it!!!  ;D

Silas_

Hi Alistaire, love the mod.  I've enjoyed using it and a few others for quite a few alphas now.  I'm having an issue with the MCM though.  Even with only (1. CCL and (2. Rimfire running, when I try to go into the mod options and select "Rimfire Gun Selection Menu" it goes nowhere and I can't back out of the menu other than by selecting "minimap" and then backing out.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Silas_ on August 06, 2016, 07:36:52 AM
Hi Alistaire, love the mod.  I've enjoyed using it and a few others for quite a few alphas now.  I'm having an issue with the MCM though.  Even with only (1. CCL and (2. Rimfire running, when I try to go into the mod options and select "Rimfire Gun Selection Menu" it goes nowhere and I can't back out of the menu other than by selecting "minimap" and then backing out.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have the same problem. Whenever Im at the Mcm menu and click Rimfire Configs, nothing comes out. :/ Is this a bug?

I tried it with my own set of mods I thought its just an order bug.
So I tried it with only with:

Core
CCL
CCL - Vanilla Tweaks
Combat Realism
Rimfire CR

It still not showing up.

What should I do? :<
I really want to customize what guns I put in game.

(BTW, Your CR patch works in game! GJ on that! :D)
Bleeeee. . . . .

Raf's

Lady Wolf

I got this problem too, the debug log lists the following error:

Community Core Library:: (Error) :: Mod Configuration Menu :: Unexpected error scribing data for mod Rimfire Gun Selection Menu
System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Silas_

Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 13, 2016, 07:26:52 AM
I got this problem too, the debug log lists the following error:

Community Core Library:: (Error) :: Mod Configuration Menu :: Unexpected error scribing data for mod Rimfire Gun Selection Menu
System.InvalidOperationException: SaveableFromNode exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This is the exact error I see in the debug log as well.

Raf's

so any updates on this topic? the error as reported some days ago already.