[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

ransero

AseaHeru

In which caliber? The things have been in something like 30.

Pokk720

I have discovered that the mod option bug might have something to do with the clutter misc hands addition to the combat realism version of the mod. It seems this part of the mod wasn't updated and for some reason blocks mods from showing up in the mod options menu. Deactivating it made that error go away for me but at the cost of my pawns having cool little hands holding their weapons.  :-\

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.1 and Rimfire v2.1 CR for Alpha 14 bugfixes

A few bugs have been reported for the latest versions of Rimfire.

One problem is that the MCM settings may remain from v2.0 which can be fixed by searching %appdata%, entering ..\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config then removing MCM_Data_Rimfire_Gun_Selection_Menu.xml. This should fix any problems people who have used v2.0 before v2.1 should be experiencing.

Another problem is in the Full Game Toggle option when used in the CR patch - Binoculars did not have weaponTags and therefore a null was returned when accessing their weaponTags; this has been fixed.

Hands were not showing up in the CR patch because they were not injected for it. Now the hands addon injects hands into Rimfire v2.1 and Rimfire v2.1 for CR at the same time, meaning it can remain active between CR and vanilla load orders.

Please redownload your preferred version of Rimfire v2.1

The most recent version of CR, 1.6.7.3 is unable to recognize an inventory item to be both a weapon and a type of ammo - this means the Atlatl was unable to be loaded with javelins due to them being weapons. After making them ammo as well they would still not fire due to the mutual exclusivity of weapon/ammo of the inventory system in that version of CR. I have pushed an update to the git repo which does fix this and if possible CR 1.6.7.4 you'll be able to use the atlatl in the CR version of Rimfire. An update will also be posted if/when that happens. (EDIT: It did, all later versions of CR allow for the Atlatl to fire javelins)

Changelog:

• The Full Game Toggle now does not break the game with CR or any mod with weapons that do not have weaponTags active
  • Hands are now injected into the CR version as well
  • The CR has had its Carl-Gustaf removed due to missing CR implementation (there are no graphics for the ammo yet)
  • A bunch of work has been done to get the CR patch prepared in case CR 1.6.7.4 contains the ability for an inventory item to be both a weapon and ammo

Thanks for reading the bugfix update!
~ Alistaire

Zxypher

Hey there, I was wondering if I could put in a request for the M14 and the RPG-29? Two of my personal favorites.

Thanks for your hard work the mod works great!

AseaHeru

Theres a M-14 in High Caliber, which works fine with this.

Rafe009

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 03, 2016, 08:39:01 PM
Anybody try this for A15c? does it work?
It has a number of assemblies with it, which might individually require recompiles. In short, I have no idea - try it and find out. :D I suspect the author is maybe waiting on CCL, as it uses its MCM feature. Not sure on that though.
High Caliber and RT are up to date last I checked if your trigger finger is itchy.
#StopPluginAbuse

Rafe009

I gave it a try and it does work... sorta... I went into dev. mode and tested most of the guns. The police AMR does NOT work. I got an error code when i tried to fire. The game continued to run but no projectile ever released.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/257091431052120861/70619D76F2714F9B2873CDE4D90A34CCE0018240/

Also the multiple grenade launcher fired about 20 explosive shells simultaneously like some sort of explosive shotgun - definitely not the intended functionality and certainly imbalanced for colonist use but would make an ominous and cool weapon mounted to a centipede. It was pretty damn good for disintegrating corpses though.

I did get it running in tandem with high caliber and this i'm thankful for as i've been salivating for a p90 for ages as well as an FN SCAR.

Don't think it's ready for prime time yet.

Edit: just tried the other AMRs in the mod. The dead-eye riffle and the heavy AMR and just like the police AMR they do not work. There is definitely something going on with AM projectiles. I suspect that might be the issue after wandering  around in the data files and seeing that guns have a reference as do the particular bullets they fire, that might be the busted bit.

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 03, 2016, 11:06:01 PM
-snip-
Did not expect you to actually try it, kudos for doing so.
Yeah, anything with an Anti-Materiel or a Smoke projectile trail probably won't work, as they reference the custom assemblies, as it looks like you discovered. I'm actually in the process of stripping the mod of assemblies for personal usage (and tweaking a few things).
====================
@Alistaire as I mentioned, I'm going through the mod line by line, so I'm noticing a few trends, and I figured I'd give you some initial feedback (I'm about half way through the mod maybe). Please don't take this feedback as me not liking the mod - it's quite the opposite. I only take the time to give detailed feedback on things I like and would like to see become even better.

Overall, the mod is great, textures are top notch and the sounds are pretty good too. I really like how you organized everything as well (with comments and such) and gets big points from me. ;D

Some less strong points:
- All the shotguns seem to blend together. They're all auto-shotties. I don't buy that one can shoot like a rifle, unless you specifically mention it shoots slugs exclusively, which would require revamping of some stats and projectile gfx. I redid one of the other shotguns to just that effect, just for the sake of it, and we'll see how it turns out (the one with the drum, admittedly not the best choice).
- Crafting cost of the explosive weapons seems way over the top, specifically the 10 artillery shells per unit, for everything. Also, the 16 range on the grenade launcher seems weak (I know thrown grenades are 12.9), especially when compared to the 29 range on the XM25 CDTE grenade launcher from the High Caliber mod. I know comparing across mods is a dodgy prospect, especially considering the HC grenade is a 25mm and your's is a 40mm, but that's a big difference in range all the same. Compare that to the 40 range of a rocket, and it pales in comparison (considering its costs). I think a range of 22-24 would be fair.
- Flavor text. Generally pretty good, with some guns being better than others. I won't belabor this point.
- The biggest issue I have: you keep renaming the guns from their actual names to something generic. The badass sounding "Rheinmetall MG60" becomes "replica GPMG" to go along with the also renamed Madsen LMG's "replica LMG". The Taurus Judge, another badass, becomes a "court revolver" under this scheme. I cannot understand the reasoning behind it, but I really dislike it. >:(

That's about it for now. Again, don't take this feedback as me not liking the mod - quite the opposite!
Cheers.
#StopPluginAbuse

toric

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 05, 2016, 04:54:47 AM
Quote from: Rafe009 on September 03, 2016, 11:06:01 PM
-snip-
- The biggest issue I have: you keep renaming the guns from their actual names to something generic. The badass sounding "Rheinmetall MG60" becomes "replica GPMG" to go along with the also renamed Madsen LMG's "replica LMG". The Taurus Judge, another badass, becomes a "court revolver" under this scheme. I cannot understand the reasoning behind it, but I really dislike it. >:(

That's about it for now. Again, don't take this feedback as me not liking the mod - quite the opposite!
Cheers.

i think the reasoning behind this is that this is not this world. it is at least 2000 years in the furute, if i remember the lore right. it would make no sense for the weapons to retain their original names, even if the mod author did use current guns as insparation. and as every rimworld playthrough may take place at a completely diffrnet time, and most worlds dont have communication with eatch other, it would not make sense for completely diffrent 'civilizations' to have the same specific name for something. as sutch, generic, descriptive names are best.

Rafe009

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 05, 2016, 04:54:47 AM
-snip-

So everything seems to be working to a degree now. The RPG gives an error message but it still seems to work for the most part. I'm wondering what you think of using High Calibers AR bullet configuration for rimfire's four AR guns.

I'm still not ready to go digging into DLLs yet and not sure precisely what i will find in the assemblies or what they even are for.

Also thanks for all the help, never thought i'de be modding the mods of rimworld

Deimos Rast

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 05, 2016, 10:09:36 PM
Also thanks for all the help, never thought i'de be modding the mods of rimworld

I actually finished my hatchet job revision of Rimfire and yeah, I use a slightly modified High Caliber armor piercing damage def.

As for your RPG problem, the problem is probably because the ParentName of the Bullet is "BaseSTBullet" as opposed to "BaseBullet" and make sure the thingClass is Projectile_Explosive .
If you need an example, you can look in the base game at the Triple Rocket Launcher, found at RimWorld > Mods > Core > Defs > ThingDefs_Misc > Weapons_Guns.xml and search for "Gun_TripleRocket" and look at it's projectile definition above it.
Actually, I think I'll rewrite the Triple Rocket launcher as a template for you, and you can copy over the rest of the values (specifically accuracy values). You'll find it attached below. In order to try to keep to the No Distribution clause of the mod license, I copied this from the base game and rewrote it entirely. The only thing it borrows from this mod is the texture path and the def names.
Let me know if it doesn't work, or you have trouble with it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
#StopPluginAbuse

Demetreo

" The strength of your words hurt more than the shots from your gun. "

Alistaire

Cue excuses:

• I'm busy Sep. 12-30
  • CCL is not out
  • Maintaining the mod between versions takes a lot of motivation I'd prefer to be put into uni

And for those interested: Rimfire v2.1 C# Source on Dropbox

Quote from: Deimos Rast on September 05, 2016, 04:54:47 AM- The biggest issue I have: you keep renaming the guns from their actual names to something generic. The badass sounding "Rheinmetall MG60" becomes "replica GPMG" to go along with the also renamed Madsen LMG's "replica LMG". The Taurus Judge, another badass, becomes a "court revolver" under this scheme. I cannot understand the reasoning behind it, but I really dislike it. >:(

The naming schemes can be switched through the GunModMCM menu (EDIT: Now HugsLib menu) (between A8, A9+, Simple, Short and Full names).
A9 changed gun names from "Lee-Enfield" to "survival rifle" and such, Rimfire follows the same naming scheme by default (in the XML).