[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Deimos Rast

I apologize. I didn't realize you could change names in game, I was looking at things strictly from the XML level. My bad.
I wouldn't stress about A15 too much. As you said, no CCL. And as always, Uni comes first.
Good luck with your courses.
#StopPluginAbuse

AseaHeru

Have a pile of suggestions for weapons.

RPK, for ammunition commonality with AK users
Bren gun or Lewis gun in .303 British
Vickers machinegun turret, again in .303 British
Bizon submachine gun
G3 rifle/FAL in 7.62NATO/M14

Most of these are because of desire for ammunition compatibility and because many are certainly common and long-lasting enough to be atleast looked at.

Beathrus

Any idea if this will be updated for A16? Don't mean to bother anyone, just curious is all!

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.2 and v2.2 CR-1.6.9.2 for Alpha 16 released!

Rimfire v2.1 has been updated to Alpha 16 and now the mod settings menu has been moved to HugsLib. The Clutter Misc Hands addon was
removed since that mod has not been updated for A16 due to its CCL requirement.

The mod settings are now in the Options menu, as expected from the HugsLib library.

Changelog:

• The RPG-7 was turned into a one-use weapon (for v2.2, not for v2.2 CR) and crafting costs were changed accordingly.

Thanks for your interest in Rimfire!
~ Alistaire

Ames

How about adding the famous Silverballers from Hitman. Its actually called AMT Hardballers tho.

HYBB

whre i can find a list with guns properties like cost, dmg and cooldown

ajaviide

just wanted to say this is my favorite weapon mod glad you updated it :)

(seems most balanced vanilla fitting in my humble opinion :)

123nick

Quote from: Alistaire on January 04, 2017, 12:22:29 PM
Rimfire v2.2 and v2.2 CR-1.6.9.2 for Alpha 16 released!

Rimfire v2.1 has been updated to Alpha 16 and now the mod settings menu has been moved to HugsLib. The Clutter Misc Hands addon was
removed since that mod has not been updated for A16 due to its CCL requirement.

The mod settings are now in the Options menu, as expected from the HugsLib library.

Changelog:

• The RPG-7 was turned into a one-use weapon (for v2.2, not for v2.2 CR) and crafting costs were changed accordingly.

Thanks for your interest in Rimfire!
~ Alistaire

why? IRL the rpg-7 isnt single use, although there is, IIRC, some RPG-series weapons that are single use, if im not mistaken.

Primal Lord

Quote from: Ames on January 04, 2017, 01:30:26 PM
How about adding the famous Silverballers from Hitman. Its actually called AMT Hardballers tho.

And hardballers are a rerelease of the browning m1911 pistol used during WW2, which from the pictures it looks like it's already included? Anyway, whoever had the idea to include the WA2000 sniper rifle was a genius, my personal favorite sniper rifle in existence :), good work keeping this mod going since A8e!

Ames

Quote from: Primal Lord on January 04, 2017, 04:42:02 PM

And hardballers are a rerelease of the browning m1911 pistol used during WW2, which from the pictures it looks like it's already included? Anyway, whoever had the idea to include the WA2000 sniper rifle was a genius, my personal favorite sniper rifle in existence :), good work keeping this mod going since A8e!

Oh! I had no idea about that! Thanks a lot for letting me know! :D

Alistaire

Quote from: 123nick on January 04, 2017, 04:00:08 PM
Quote from: Alistaire on January 04, 2017, 12:22:29 PM
why? IRL the rpg-7 isnt single use, although there is, IIRC, some RPG-series weapons that are single use, if im not mistaken.

I felt it was more appropriate for the vanilla game after reading this comment:

Quote from: Rafe009 on September 07, 2016, 12:46:14 AM
It seems to have worked and I've finally started playing A15 after long last with Feral, a heavily butchered HC, Rimfire, 2 hair mods and the PetStay mod - mostly for a bit of aesthetic variety though one could consider rimfire  a bit cheaty with the rocket systems that Verb_Shoot rather than Verb_ShootOneUse shoot.

To be honest I prefer CombatRealism over vanilla rimworld (at least when the errors go away for A16..) and it makes sense for the RPG to remain
multi-use due to realism considerations, however all vanilla rocket launchers are single use and I made the crafting cost for the RPG quite small
so you could stock up on them. In CombatRealism the multiple use mechanic is balanced because the rockets are bulky and you can't carry a lot of
them while for Vanilla it is indeed kind of cheaty.

Quote from: hybster on January 04, 2017, 03:29:55 PM
whre i can find a list with guns properties like cost, dmg and cooldown

For a complete list you could either open the Rimfire ThingDefs_Misc XML files in Excel or use Dev Mode in-game to list all weapons.

Quote from: Primal Lord on January 04, 2017, 04:42:02 PM

I consider the vanilla pistol to be an M1911, and Rimfire v2.2 adds the Para Ordnance P14/45 which looks very similar to an M1911.

All guns which were not requested (and some which were) are those which I deem interesting or noteworthy. It was difficult to argue that so
many raiders seemed to carry a WA2000 before Rimworld Alpha 16 but with the new generation weight for weaponry I could go all out adding
niche weaponry with low drop rates. Huzzah!

This also has me considering adding for example AMT Hardballers with a very low drop rate as a "unique" - all weapon suggestions are welcome.

And to some older comments I found using the search function:

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 17, 2016, 10:51:33 AM
My personal Problem with Apparello is, that it feels too much for me.
The same way the Clutter Mod or the WayTooManyGuns Mod ( Rimfire ) feel to me.
I perceive it as too much of the same but different stuff.

You can switch any and all guns in the mod and in the game off at will, if that makes it any better.

Quote from: Marduk on December 31, 2016, 11:12:17 AM
On an unrelated note, bored playing CR with only vanilla weapons, i've made a hackjob of an update for Rimfire CR for my own use that works with the current CR. It still shows up a bunch of errors, and i'm not experienced enough with Rimworld modding to have an idea what half of them are about, but it works ok so far on a 3 season colony. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Impressive, Rafe009 and Marduk, I hope you enjoy the hackjob of an update I provided with Rimfire v2.2 for CR-1.6.9.2.

asquirrel

Thanks man for the gun mod.  You can never have too many guns, unless you have a mod conflict, which apparently I do. :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ames

You can also make the Hardballer "unique" by making them a dual gun.  :D

Alistaire

Quote from: asquirrel on January 04, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Thanks man for the gun mod.  You can never have too many guns, unless you have a mod conflict, which apparently I do. :)

Are you sure you have HugsLib 2.2.3+? Other than that I don't know what the issue could be.

PixeleDitya