[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

Quote from: SalmonToastie on March 22, 2017, 01:35:20 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question, how would one change names of guns, for example, changing the ak47's name to perhaps an akm etc? :) :)

Go to:

Mods\Rimfire 2.2\Languages\English\Keyed\MCM GunMod Rimfire weapons_guns.xml

Replace the tags named:

RF_Gun_AKFortySeven

e.g:

<Short_RF_Gun_AKFortySeven>AK-47</Short_RF_Gun_AKFortySeven>

with:

<Short_RF_Gun_AKFortySeven>AKM</Short_RF_Gun_AKFortySeven>

Comrade Smartass

Was wondering if there's a chart or excel file out there which has all the damage, accuracy, and dps info for each of the weapons added by Rimfire? 

deshara218

Raid #1, a single pirate shows up with an incendiary and one-shots every one of my 7 colonists :/ There's two hours of my life wasted

Ruisuki

Quote from: deshara218 on April 14, 2017, 01:44:14 AM
Raid #1, a single pirate shows up with an incendiary and one-shots every one of my 7 colonists :/ There's two hours of my life wasted
Wait what are the weapons unbalanced?? Assuming it is you can toggle which show up in game

deshara218

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 14, 2017, 02:21:52 AM
Wait what are the weapons unbalanced?? Assuming it is you can toggle which show up in game

I think if the incendiary launcher didn't auto-incap any colonist caught within its blast AND set them on fire fatally, AND aim so well at long range that it appears basically guaranteed to hit them with the explosion it'd be fine. I just didn't know I needed to disable it until after that, which feels like cheating

Alistaire

Quote from: deshara218 on April 15, 2017, 02:16:13 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on April 14, 2017, 02:21:52 AM

I think if the incendiary launcher didn't auto-incap any colonist caught within its blast AND set them on fire fatally, AND aim so well at long range that it appears basically guaranteed to hit them with the explosion it'd be fine. I just didn't know I needed to disable it until after that, which feels like cheating

I'm not sure how that happened. Rimfire does not touch the incendiary launcher, you must've been quite unlucky.

Quote from: Comrade Smartass on April 11, 2017, 05:09:28 PM
Was wondering if there's a chart or excel file out there which has all the damage, accuracy, and dps info for each of the weapons added by Rimfire?

In-game you can enter development mode and open one of the icons in the top-right, one of them allows you to list all weapon in the game and their DPS etcetera.

DigitalCore

Yo Alistaire, just something I caught when using the machining table: the crafting recipe text doesn't change with the names of the guns. So if I'm using the A8 name pack and try to craft the MP5, it shows up as 'craft aviation crew SMG' in the machining table bills. Just wanted to let you know.
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.

geoflame1

hey dropbox wont let me save the a16 version is there an alt link

Alistaire

Quote from: geoflame1 on April 24, 2017, 08:32:07 PM
hey dropbox wont let me save the a16 version is there an alt link

You can download the file from Dropbox or you could get it from ModDB or NexusMods. Each of those locations works.

Quote from: DigitalCore on April 21, 2017, 05:26:12 AM
Yo Alistaire, just something I caught when using the machining table: the crafting recipe text doesn't change with the names of the guns. So if I'm using the A8 name pack and try to craft the MP5, it shows up as 'craft aviation crew SMG' in the machining table bills. Just wanted to let you know.

I'll look into it. I thought I fixed all the use cases for the name packs but you must've found an exception. Thanks for reporting it!

MrZero

hey, alpha 17 update is coming anytime soon??
i know the game just got updated, but rimworld feels a little empty without this mod :/

Alistaire

Quote from: MrZero on May 24, 2017, 04:19:09 PM
hey, alpha 17 update is coming anytime soon??
i know the game just got updated, but rimworld feels a little empty without this mod :/

I've started working on the update now, expect it to come out within a week.

123nick

i heard some weapons are unbalanced- the heavy AMR has double the DPS of the sniper rifle, with less of a cooldown and warm up, and is sorta cheap for late game standards. maybe if vastly increased its warmup/cooldown time like warmup of 5, and cooldown of 4, or warmup of 6 , so its a lot longer between shots, and double the cost of plasteel and steel for it, and maybe add other, rarer components for crafting (like maybe a bionic eye for lenses, or uranium/gold for, idk, the glowing sights? fancy embellishments? some ingame reason to explain it :P)

bullet

I also heard what with all weapons and the balance all alright. Thanks Alistair for your work. It's best weapon mod which I have ever seen. The sound of Heavy AMR is like the song of an angel..

Beathrus

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.3 for Alpha 17 released!

Rimfire has been updated to A17. A HugsLib configuration menu can still be found under Settings, Mod Settings with HugsLib 3.1.2+ enabled and now it has been stylized a bit more! You'll find icons for all guns in the list and on mouse-over you will see the mod that had added the weapon. Furthermore, several weapon mods are patched automatically to neatly categorize into the mod settings menu. The categories show how many of their thingdefs are enabled and finally, if you are missing any weapontags, suggested guns to activate are highlighted in red. You can now also click in a larger area around each list item to enable or disable the gun. Disabled weapons are displayed greyed out. Mousing over a list item increases its size so you're better able to tell weapons apart. I am also happy to announce that the error prevention system (to prevent pawns from spawning without any weapons due to players disabling guns from the menu) is much more robust.

The Misc Hands mod is also added as a patch, so players with Misc Hands active will now automatically find their pawns to show their hands on the weapons without the need for an additional mod in the load order:

Finally, the commonality of antimateriel rifles has been decreased 10 to 100-fold, and warmup + cooldown were increased to total about 8 seconds from the previous 6.

Thanks for reading the update, enjoy Rimfire v2.3!
~ Alistaire