[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

kaptain_kavern

admiralKew

So awesome to see Rimfire updated! I noticed upon loading that it looks at the CE, CE Guns, and VFWE weapons expansions as well. Is this version of Rimfire compatible with CE out of the box as well?

MrZero

you sir, have the most high quality, mastercrafted, badass and lore friendlish weapon mod in the whole community.
rimworld firefights are not the same without our mod

Alistaire

Quote from: MrZero on June 29, 2017, 11:32:07 PM
you sir, have the most high quality, mastercrafted, badass and lore friendlish weapon mod in the whole community.
rimworld firefights are not the same without our mod

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 29, 2017, 11:03:46 AM
Awesome. You rocks

Thank you guys very much, I hope you enjoy the latest update and feel free to suggest any changes too.

Quote from: admiralKew on June 29, 2017, 07:37:50 PM
So awesome to see Rimfire updated! I noticed upon loading that it looks at the CE, CE Guns, and VFWE weapons expansions as well. Is this version of Rimfire compatible with CE out of the box as well?

Sadly it is not. Rimfire looks at Combat Extended Guns, GaussWeapons, 20th Century Weapons Mod, High Caliber, LaserWeapons, Medieval Times, Project Fallout v1.5, RT's Weapon Pack and Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion for categorizing each of their weapons into the categories present in the gun mod menu (using HugsLib 3.1.2+, it can be found in the Settings>Mod Settings menu). Also MiscHands is patched to use visible hands on the Rimfire guns.

A CE patch is not planned. I assume at some point there will be a Rimfire CE patch in Combat Extended, provided by someone else or if I feel like working on the patch after working on some other projects it might be added to CE by me. I would have copied over the Combat Realism patch 1:1 from A16 but there are new guidelines for creating patches now which I'm sure that version does not abide to.

A patch has been added to Combat Extended in A17+

Alistaire

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 12, 2017, 06:23:14 AM
Quote from: asquirrel on January 10, 2017, 04:20:19 PM
Quote from: Incendiary Pingu on January 10, 2017, 03:56:21 PM
Quote from: Fafn1r on January 09, 2017, 05:06:28 AM
Damn, you made me forgot about RT Weapons and High Caliber. Rimfire is the only gun mod I need now. The only thing it lacks is a flamethrower. Can we have a flamethrower? :D

I need a flamethrower so much. Imagine the possibilities. That and a taser/stun gun but maybe that's not the same theme as rimfire.

Download Colonial Marines mod.  They have a flamethrower.  Also Ferals in Rimarsenal have a scorcher (flamethrower). 

The problem with the colonial marines mod is that the weapons are not always very well balanced, some are outright preposterous, and the art style for the weapons is a bit lacking (unlike Rimfire's).

I browsed the weapon suggestions, and saw the nonlethal option was (is?) considered, but put off with one of the reasons being some mods already filled that niche, however there are currently no standalone mods for A16 that offer an option like that, and downloading the full Glittertech or Combat realism mods just to get one weapon when you don't care about the rest, well, that's not ideal at all, is it?

This is actually really funny, because I just came to this topic to request *exactly* a flamethrower and a stun gun/taser being considered as additions, so I guess I'm thirding those suggestions! I really need both of these in my life, and what better mod to have them in than this one? Great balance consideration, the art style is coherent and really pretty, and weapons can individually be disabled as desired, it's really the ultimate weapon mod!

I've actually put a little thought in how a nonlethal option could be balanced, and I wonder if making these one-use items (like the vanilla launchers) could be a solution, here?

Thanks for the work you've put in, and I wish your mods a long life!

Due to the results of the weapon addition poll, it's pretty likely there's gonna be a flamethrower added to another Rimfire version. I like the suggestion of making tasers and stun guns one-use items, and of course they can be toggled in the mod menu. For A17 there's probably nonlethal weapon mods out there already, but yeah they could potentially be a good fit for Rimfire.

Quote from: johnarcie009123 on February 06, 2017, 09:09:23 AM
Since this mod is all about weaponry, maybe let's add some apparel? I also think a stationary cannon would be awesome :D

I've recently added a flak vest to Combat Extended; if you're interested in Apparel I'd suggest looking at apparel mods instead. The same for turrets/cannons.

Quote from: 123nick on June 26, 2017, 08:41:58 PM
i heard some weapons are unbalanced- the heavy AMR has double the DPS of the sniper rifle, with less of a cooldown and warm up, and is sorta cheap for late game standards. maybe if vastly increased its warmup/cooldown time like warmup of 5, and cooldown of 4, or warmup of 6 , so its a lot longer between shots, and double the cost of plasteel and steel for it, and maybe add other, rarer components for crafting (like maybe a bionic eye for lenses, or uranium/gold for, idk, the glowing sights? fancy embellishments? some ingame reason to explain it :P)

For A17 the cooldown and warmup were increased and its commonality was decreased due to the RimWorld Discord mentioning how raiders with AM rifles were overpowered. Crafting costs remained the same for v2.3 but feel free to suggest crafting cost values for v2.3.1(?).

123nick

Maybe have it cost rarer materials for crafting? I hear at its current crafting cost its cheap for late game colony, - maybe have it cost 20-40 uranium, 20-40 gold, and MAYBE bionic eye too,? For lenses? For scope? Altho im just restating what i said.

Rizel

The best weapon! Thank you for your work, everything is done amazing. Will there be an update for B18? I can't play in new version without  it.

Alistaire

Quote from: Rizel on November 21, 2017, 12:48:11 PM
The best weapon! Thank you for your work, everything is done amazing. Will there be an update for B18? I can't play in new version without  it.

Yes! There are actually very few changes with B18 and I could salvage all of the C# from A17.

I'm currently rebalancing the weapons to have DPS comparable to vanilla weaponry due to some issues XeoNovaDan pointed out via PM.

ETA: before the weekend.

kaptain_kavern

Rizel

Alistaire

Rimfire v2.4 for Beta 18 released!

Rimfire has been updated to Beta 18. The main feature of the update is that all weapons were rebalanced to have their damage-per-second profile more closely match that of vanilla weapons. Now, carbines are viable in terms of DPS and SMGs were nerfed in terms of damage. Furthermore, three out of four anti-materiel rifles were made uncraftable and more rare. Generally, shorter barrelled weapons now have high short-range DPS and quicker DPS-dropoff and low range, while longer barrelled ones have slow DPS-dropoff or even large increase in DPS as is the case for anti-materiel rifles. The gun menu has been left mostly the same, however missing weapon tags are now listed in a nicer way, using " and " between the last and one-to-last element of the missing weapontags.

Feel free to post feedback on the rebalanced weapons!

On 28/11/2017, some more changes were made:

• ModCheck is now used for patching depending on the existence of other mods
  • All assemblies were recompiled for B18
  • Mentions of "Rimfire v2.3" were changed to "Rimfire v2.4"

Thanks for reading the update, enjoy Rimfire v2.4!
~ Alistaire

fatm3l

i installed the latest version of this mod for b18, after loading my save game. i cant see any weapon crafting in the machining table, even the vanilla weapons are gone. i disable this mod and everything is back to normal, i dont know where is the problem. Do i need to create a new game for this to work?

Alistaire

Quote from: fatm3l on November 26, 2017, 02:07:21 AM
i installed the latest version of this mod for b18, after loading my save game. i cant see any weapon crafting in the machining table, even the vanilla weapons are gone. i disable this mod and everything is back to normal, i dont know where is the problem. Do i need to create a new game for this to work?

Either:

1) You have "Weapon crafting" toggled off in Options > Mod Settings > Rimfire 2.4 > Weapon crafting
2) You don't have the research done to craft weapons Smithing > Machining > Gunsmithing > ..

fatm3l

carcasshot

hello sorry for my English, but i seems to have a problem with anti materials rifle
here is my logs link:https://gist.github.com/719c5307a96d02a24ea40bfc08be8968

and here is my picture

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]