Hey all, just a quick update here.
Here’s a quick rundown of the features you can expect in Alpha 13. We’ve got no release date for it, but it’s in the testing and polishing phase. However, keep in mind that this is a big update and even with smaller updates this phase lasts for weeks.
On to the features!
- Colonist family and social relationship system / Social relationships with friends, rivals, family, chats, arguments, and fights
- Opinion system; pawns care about dozens of memories and situations to determine their opinions of each other
- Family members out to cousins and beyond
- Lovers, fiancees, marriages, ex-lovers, ex-spouses
- People may get in social fights with those they dislike (even neutrals and enemies do this)
- Animal bonding
- People who leave the map while traveling, fleeing, being kidnapped, etc. can come back later as raiders, visitors, joiners, etc.
- Marriage ceremonies and parties
- Prison breaks. Prisoners pick the locks, get out, seek weapons and work as a group to escape.
- Self-reproducing, spreading underground insect hives
- Insect hives are dangerous but produce succulent insect jelly
Animals and predators
- Many more animals, some of which will hunt people
- Some animals are now predators, including colony pets (e.g. cats catch squirrels)
- Animals can gnaw corpses apart directly now
Threat response mode
- Decide how colonists should auto-respond to threats: flee, attack, or ignore?
- ‘Components’ resource used for machinery and electronics
- Ground-traveling trade caravans from other factions
- Deeper research tree with more low-tech options and more things to research
- New fueled buildings: stove and generator
- Various new lower and higher-tech production buildings
- Two research tables: simple and hi-tech. Hi-tech is required for some projects.
- New exotic infections: Gut worms, mechanite infections which give abilities at a cost of pain or fatigue, trauma savantism
- New chronic diseases: Carcinoma, asthma, hearing loss
- New “firefoam popper” provides a way to combat fire besides punching it.
- Character records which keep stats on each character like number of kills, injuries, surgeries, etc.
- Extreme desert biome
- Colonists in relationships can share beds
- New double bed; royal bed is now gold-trimmed and fancy
- New flatscreen and megascreen TVs
- Colonists can now visit sick people in bed to cheer them up
- Sick people in bed can now watch TV
- Building damage overlays
- Days are now twice as long as before, with years being half as many days. (This means that years are exactly as long as before in actual play time, just divided into a smaller number of longer days.)
- The year is now split into seasons instead of months.
- Animal kibble
- Deep rooms stay cool in the heat
- Richer tale recording and better art descriptions
- Hundreds of balance improvements, optimizations, tweaks and fixes