[Request] Friendly Fire Fix(es)

Started by Idlemind79, May 08, 2015, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlemind79

I'm sick and tired of seeing one colonist hunting and then another colonist wanders in front on its way to mine or something and gets shot.

They need to a do a check for colonists in there range of fire and if there is one, wait a second and check again until it's clear.. or re-position themselves.. or turn off friendly fire (although I don't like that idea totally).

I'm ok with friendly fire in a hectic fire fight where I order a guy to the front and he accidentally catches a bullet in the back.. but hunting accidents are out of control.

Edit: Maybe we can convince Lord Tynan or some modder to give us a break on the hunting. Less animal HP and much higher chance to hit when attacking an animal.. it is not the heat of battle it's a shot on unsuspecting prey. If it's possible to do this and maintain some of the danger of attacking a rhino (for example) that'd be perfect.

Edit: Saw on the changelog Tynan is now adding deadfall (box and stick) traps to the game.. trapping would be an awesome alternate / supplement to the way hunting is done now! Hope it can be used to capture some animals although I can't see catching a muffalo this way lol

Havan_IronOak

I'd second this sentiment. Hunting accidents are WAY too common

billycop32

i'd like to just plain see the hunting system revisited. a good hunter will stalk their prey untill they have the right shot, and ALWAYS go for a one shot kill. if they don't kill the animal, hunting ethics say they must stay hunting that animal and dispatch it. >.>

to translate that into game talk, the hunters should attempt to enter a range or angle that gives a >75% chance of hitting their target. if they hit the animal but do not kill it, hunters should continue to stalk their prey untill they kill it or their needs become urgent. (unless certain negative traits say they don't care.)

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: billycop32 on May 10, 2015, 09:57:52 PM
... a good hunter will stalk their prey until they have the right shot, and ALWAYS go for a one shot kill. if they don't kill the animal, hunting ethics say they must stay hunting that animal and dispatch it. >.>

to translate that into game talk, the hunters should attempt to enter a range or angle that gives a >75% chance of hitting their target. if they hit the animal but do not kill it, hunters should continue to stalk their prey until they kill it or their needs become urgent. (unless certain negative traits say they don't care.)

Agreed! I do NOT understand why my hunters always seem to take such long-range shots. To even up the odds a bit, the prey animals should not just get angry when shot but learn over time to avoid their predators. Why don't they run away more often?