Withdrawals

Started by jeffus, September 18, 2016, 11:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffus

besides luciferium,which has the worst/best side affects you think from withdrawals.I like how the go-juice works,on it you're a killing machine. Get hooked though and the backlash will leave you in so much pain you cant move if you dont have it

MikeLemmer

I've found Alcohol Withdrawal ludicrously nasty for how common beer is: -50% Manipulation is nothing to sneeze at.

OFWG

Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 19, 2016, 01:22:21 AM
I've found Alcohol Withdrawal ludicrously nasty for how common beer is: -50% Manipulation is nothing to sneeze at.

Sounds legit tbh. The tremors you get are brutal. In real life, alcohol is (AFAIK) the only drug that you can die from the withdrawal.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

sadpickle

I've been babysitting two colonists for the better part of a year as they get over their cocaine addiction. Raiders and the like keep bringing more into the colony which can make it difficult.

As an aside, it's absurd to think beers can make you an alcoholic. There's too much water in beers to cause actual alcoholism. I think once you graduate to hard liquor directly from the bottle, you can begin to suspect one is alcoholic.

TekDragon

Quote from: OFWG on September 19, 2016, 04:41:37 PM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 19, 2016, 01:22:21 AM

Sounds legit tbh. The tremors you get are brutal. In real life, alcohol is (AFAIK) the only drug that you can die from the withdrawal.

It doesn't kill you directly, but it can exacerbate other conditions, especially with the cardiovascular and pulmonary system. Opiate withdraw can also be deadly for the same reason, although that mostly relates to cardiovascular issues, not pulmonary.

Serenity

Try throwing them in prison. If they have an extreme break beat them up. I've cured go-juice and smokeleaf addiction relatively quickly that way. When they are clean just release them. They will be pissed off for a few days ("was imprisoned" debuff), but that's no big deal. One guy even thew a party after it.

jeffus

Quote from: Serenity on September 19, 2016, 05:59:00 PM
Try throwing them in prison. If they have an extreme break beat them up. I've cured go-juice and smokeleaf addiction relatively quickly that way. When they are clean just release them. They will be pissed off for a few days ("was imprisoned" debuff), but that's no big deal. One guy even thew a party after it.

My go-juice addict has arthiritis in her hand that usually was no big deal,but with the 300%increase in pain she cant even get out the only hospital bed i have lol