Is it normal for raiders and pirates to never have power armor?

Started by N0xiety, December 28, 2015, 02:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0xiety

Just as the title says, i get raider and pirate attacks but all i see is enemies with dusters or parkas wearing power armor helmet only. I must have killed 3000 enemies by now and got like 200 power armor helmet but not even 1 power armor. So is this normal?

Innese

I've ever only seen the enemy wearing power armor a handful of times. The best way to ensure it is to boost your colony's wealth, otherwise you'll just have to buy it.

RickyMartini

They should have, but it depends on your colony. Obviously if you have a weak colony they might not even show up with extreme difficulty.

N0xiety

Quote from: Skissor on December 28, 2015, 05:53:58 PM
They should have, but it depends on your colony. Obviously if you have a weak colony they might not even show up with extreme difficulty.

Is this powerfull enough for you :-\ I got bored and even tried spawning every kind of enemy there is but still none of them had power armor. Is it because i am in Ice cap map that they always get spawned with parkas? That is just so bad tho... Besides parkas having more cold protection than power armor also is not how its supposed to be if you ask me... My guy in bought power armor is freezing at -100C while wool parka covers for like -160C

RickyMartini

Your theory as to if it might be because you are on ice cap is not that far off. But if I remember correctly it's the silver that
Mostly determines how big the raid will be so try spamming silver (50000 at least) and then report back!

N0xiety

Quote from: Skissor on December 28, 2015, 08:24:24 PM
Your theory as to if it might be because you are on ice cap is not that far off. But if I remember correctly it's the silver that
Mostly determines how big the raid will be so try spamming silver (50000 at least) and then report back!

Are you sure you are getting enemies with power armor? I checked the files and this is given range for appareal price for Elite mercenaries and Pirate Boss

<apparelMoney>
      <min>2500</min>
      <max>4200</max>

So 4200 silver is the max price their total appareal can cost and only under normal quality power hellmets cut this price. Now that i think about it i have never gotten a power helmet over normal quality from pirates either so this must be true. If you look at the power armor tho even the awfull ones pass 4200 silver price range so this must mean that even the elite enemies can't have any kind of power armor...

Just gotta have to change the price range i guess.. I want more powerfull enemies with good armor and be able to scavange them so...

RickyMartini

Hmm well I can't say anything for the power armor but I certainly got power helmets.

The thing is that since A12 I never got to a nice rich colony so I can't be sure.