[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nozza

Just reinstalled the mod after a fresh install of the game. Got an error message at load saying that there were 8 Defs it couldn't find. https://pastebin.com/xBJG0PyV

Harry_Dicks

What are the little Green/Purple circles that appear on weapons icons in the corners? (Nan) and another one?

EDIT: Nevermind, Nanite (I'm guessing an expensive alloy or metal to craft with?) and Legendary, I think there might be one more..

Vindar

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 15, 2018, 01:13:21 AM
What are the little Green/Purple circles that appear on weapons icons in the corners? (Nan) and another one?

EDIT: Nevermind, Nanite (I'm guessing an expensive alloy or metal to craft with?) and Legendary, I think there might be one more..

(N), (A), (L)
(Nan), (Art), (Leg)
Nanite, Artifact, Legendary

the little bubbles are quick visual cues to let you know if the item is special, used the tags Nan, Art, Leg for people who may be colorblind or when the system offers them up as rewards so you dont get offered techno gloves and ask weather their legendary or just an artifact.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Updated to (v. 1.94.B18)
- Added new weapon "The Black Bow"
- New sound effect for catapults stone chunks ammo and explosive pot ammo
- Explosive pots can now be buried to create firepot traps.
- Rebalenced spawn rates on warbands and warboune wanderers.
- Other stuff I dont remember.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

This really needs unified crafting benches because its impossible to prioritize between mod and vanilla workbenches.

Harry_Dicks

You could maybe try the mod Improved Workbenches, or zone restrictions.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Neither of those things help, I don't think I explained the problem very well.

In vanilla, you can order the cook to make 10 meals, then whenever that bill is satisfied make pemmican.

There's no way to tell the cook make stew, then make pemmican.  Zone restriction/Better Workbenches Management just manages multiple cooks using different bills.

Canute

Maybe you need to explain more detailed what you want.

Normaly i let my cook(s) made stew until got 40 with a pause until the amount got to 20.
Then he is doing pemmican until 2000.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on February 14, 2018, 03:30:53 AM
Neither of those things help, I don't think I explained the problem very well.

In vanilla, you can order the cook to make 10 meals, then whenever that bill is satisfied make pemmican.

There's no way to tell the cook make stew, then make pemmican.  Zone restriction/Better Workbenches Management just manages multiple cooks using different bills.

I get what he means.

I too have a bill in the firepit to make 50 jerky and a cook 10 simple meals.

My cook will always cook the jerky before the meals.

If the workbench is unified we can move the meals to a higher priority through the bill tab.
Bleeeee. . . . .

VincentJ

Quote from: Vindar on January 24, 2018, 08:14:47 PM
(Nan) for Nanite

Why nanite ? Why objects should be considered as nanites ? I don't understand.

Hello. I wanted to notify an issue on your excellent mod, medieval times : I realised that medieval high cost stuff, like beautiful swords or helmets, are around 5000 sliver, sometimes more, while machineguns or precision rifles cost only 800 or 1000 silver, sometimes even cheaper.

Very cheap actually, I could afford it almost at the beggining of the game, now I know a little bit more how to make money. But that would make the medieval weaponry useless.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: VincentJ on February 18, 2018, 09:10:43 AM
Hello. I wanted to notify an issue on your excellent mod, medieval times : I realised that medieval high cost stuff, like beautiful swords or helmets, are around 5000 sliver, sometimes more, while machineguns or precision rifles cost only 800 or 1000 silver, sometimes even cheaper.

Very cheap actually, I could afford it almost at the beggining of the game, now I know a little bit more how to make money. But that would make the medieval weaponry useless.

I think the cost of this stuff is relative to it's actual value to you as the player. Just because a sword from the medieval age costs more than a ranged weapon from the industrial age doesn't mean it doesn't have to make sense. Sure, one is a melee weapon versus a firearm. But maybe this is one of the nanite swords, and it does way more melee DPS than a regular longsword? Maybe the nanite suit of platearmor gives more protection than an armored vest, which gives more protection than a regular suit of platearmor?

In the meantime, you can also edit the xml defs to lower the costs to whatever you would think is appropriate. If you aren't confident in your ability to do this, I would recommend downloading the mod RIMMSqol. It will allow you to change virtually every value you can imagine in the game through it's in game interface. I think this includes the cost of items. Don't forget some values are multiplied by an item's quality.

I've made an imgur album showcasing the mod RIMMSqol incase anyone is interested
https://imgur.com/a/0zoD1

RIMMSqol
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084452457

VincentJ

I've seen there is a lot of mods allowing you to extract and change game data. But my list of mods is already way too long, I 'ld prefer find the files and the lines I need to change.

The issue is not that melee weapons are so expansive, the issue is that vanilla guns are so cheap.

I've been searching for a while the famous defs files, I've found them, then I looked for a line talking about the costs.
The only costs I've found are the costs of fabrication, how many steel it takes to make a gun.

I had another question... has anybody ever thought of making a translation of this mod ?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: VincentJ on February 18, 2018, 10:24:23 AM
I've been searching for a while the famous defs files, I've found them, then I looked for a line talking about the costs.
The only costs I've found are the costs of fabrication, how many steel it takes to make a gun.
Sorry friend, but I don't know the answer of the top of my head. But it sounds like you are on the right path. Just keep pushing and try new things, you'll figure it out! :)

Quote from: VincentJ on February 18, 2018, 10:24:23 AM
I had another question... has anybody ever thought of making a translation of this mod ?
I think I can say with fairly high confidence that any mod author should not have any issue with people making translations for their mods. Maybe someone will, but that'd be bit silly if you were to ask me. Still, it would help to at least see if anyone else is in the process of making a translation at the time. Maybe check out the some RW Discord modding channels, or see if there's one for the author/mod.

Ruisuki

I couldnt quite make out whether activating mod mid game will break it or whether theres only a chance it will? Using faction discovery should allow the factions to show up with an existing save regardless right?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 20, 2018, 07:13:26 PM
I couldnt quite make out whether activating mod mid game will break it or whether theres only a chance it will? Using faction discovery shuld allow the factions to show up right?

I would think this mod might be okay. It's xml only as far as I can remember, and I would think with faction discovery it can work. Not 100% sure though, but hey worth a shot.

Also, make backups of your saves if you are going to try to load any mods mid game and aren't sure of their impact. That, combined with ModSwitch, and you shouldn't have too many issues swapping around configs and/or reloading mod lists if things don't go as you would have liked.

henk

I don't understand, if this mod doesn't remove vanilla stuff, then what prevents raiders from wiping me with sniper rifles?