some quests just feel pointless to me or simply weird :|

Started by mlzovozlm, September 05, 2020, 02:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlzovozlm

attack with shuttle:
i can see that there's an 'items' tab in the shuttle's loading interface. For now though, you can't load stuff in, especially meds. So the mission just doesnt make much sense
unlike reforming caravan, pawns don't get patched up, so there's sometimes the niche scenario when you don't have med to patch the pawns up on the map, and waiting for them to crawl back into the ship, then crawl out of it, maybe even with meds + doctor wait for them right at the landing, mean they'd just drop dead. And there're times when they just simply die on the battlefield
the reward of [camp loot] is also meaningless, not just because most of the time they're worthless beds + bedrolls, in this particular quest, for now, you've to distribute the weight and pick all the stuff up manually
refugee:
all of the refugee quests i came across up til now require you to house a dozen pawns, that's impossible in early game, kind of pointless in lategame unless roleplaying since you don't have much need for manpower, and if you do, just use the free aids. Midgame seems like a prime time for it, but for me, taking in a dozen pawns that i have no info about, some of them might be pyro, some addicted, some out right useless incapable of everything, is just no-go.
i haven't accepted any of those quests yet, can you choose to accept/reject a pawn's offer to stay? because if they just randomly decide on their own, well, i aint gonna risk getting an addict or pyro

AileTheAlien

I've definitely had refugee quests with one or two pawns. Are you using custom difficulty settings? You might want to report that one in the bug forum.

Agreed with the weirdness of shuttle-quests. There should be a way to load items into the shuttle, like it was a caravan.

Feyda

Refugee quests can be awesome..  Housed 8 of them for my first scenario.  Two offered to join but I turned them down cause they were pretty meh.  Some time after successfully completing the quest, I got a drop pod from the group thanking me for letting them stay.  That drop pod had 986 uranium in it.

RawCode

open any public marketplace and check "will buy" section, absurd quests are very real.

any game that feature only "pointy" quests, always provide "good" reward and similar is casual garbage

LakeWobegon

Quote from: RawCode on September 05, 2020, 03:22:45 PM
open any public marketplace and check "will buy" section, absurd quests are very real.

any game that feature only "pointy" quests, always provide "good" reward and similar is casual garbage
Its funny to read that since most of Rim World quests seem to target casuals. Over 90% of the missions are so out of wack to the point of anyone trying to play well wont touch them not even with a long pole. As an example in my last run the game asked >90% of my colonists to go raid an enemy; we are talking about almost 40 colonists leaving the colony that was worth 740k with 3 colonists to defend it. The reward was some garbage worth 1k silver.  So I am supposed to risk losing a colony worth 740k for a reward of 1k. Very pro, totally not "casual garbage" to use your words.

Bozobub

The point you are missing, is that IRL "quests"/requests very often DO NOT offer anything of worth, compared to the effort.  Anything otherwise means the world is tailored to you, personally.  Sorry, that's not even remotely realistic.
Thanks, belgord!