Items cannot be hauled, as if forbidden.

Started by SiriusCowKing, January 01, 2019, 03:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiriusCowKing

For some reason, about every day I find items that just cannot be hauled. If I let the game go on by itself, the colonists will never haul these items. If I try to manually prioritize, the option is simply missing. I noticed that a forbid item exhibit a similar behavior, you can order to consume for example but cannot haul. This gave me the work around, forbid and unforbid, then it can be hauled.

Video of the problem: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/499489198122991616/529504993603223572/cant_haul.mp4

This is probably not related but it could be due to the fact that I do caravans 2 times a day. My colony has ran out of steel so I made a 2nd colony just to bring back some steel, no pack animal so it's a daily job for 1 colonist. It's the only out of the ordinary behavior I can think of in this game. Although not a game stopper, it is still pretty annoying, no one likes to play against the bugs.

Canute

Hi,
mosttimes some other pawn (colonist or animal) reserved that item/stack for his own job.
Then the "Reserved by ..." sometimes don't show up (and this is the bug).
When you forbid that item/stack the other job get canceled the it becomes free for all and then you can put orders on it again.

SiriusCowKing

Quote from: Canute on January 01, 2019, 03:58:48 AM
Hi,
mosttimes some other pawn (colonist or animal) reserved that item/stack for his own job.
Then the "Reserved by ..." sometimes don't show up (and this is the bug).
When you forbid that item/stack the other job get canceled the it becomes free for all and then you can put orders on it again.
I'm talking about multiple items, like all the stacks of corn for example, and no one was about to haul any of it. The bug persist over days, this is not one of those "item is reserved" thing. If you order to consume the item it frees the item from being reserved, however in the case of this bug ordering to consume does not fix the problem.

Canute

SiriusCowKing,
then you should provide a safegame when this happen. And don't forget to describe where these item are at your map, so the devs don't need to look overall.

SiriusCowKing

Sadly that won't be possible. I can send a copy of the save file but I had the bug occurring just now, and it seems restarting the game also works as a work around. Basically the bug will be erased when the game is loaded, or is not even stored in the save file. Therefore any log that would be needed by the devs will have to be provided by me. If you give me the instructions I can follow them, it won't be hard for me. This is the kind of things I do for a living anyway, I'm a QA tester for another company in montreal. Just in case it changes anything, here's a link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d07wdjav86e8w5/The%20desert%20crashers%20%28Permadeath%29.rws?dl=0

Canute

Razuhl

Can reproduce it, it's a bug that fails to update the maps ListerHaulable. When opening the context menu it shows the hauling option missing without an explanation, that means the game thinks there are no haulable things on the map.

Placing 25 smokeleaf in the shown spot, then setting the priority of the lower smokeleaf storage in the hospital to low and forbidding/unforbidding smokeleaf in the shown spot and increasing the priority of the hospitals storage back to important creates the error.

When the smokeleaf is unforbidden it checks if its in the best storage option - which at the time it is - therefore it won't add itself to the haulable things on the map. When changing the storage priority in the hospital to important the game forgets to check if that made things haulable that previously weren't.

Kenneth