[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

Quote from: TheJinx on September 29, 2018, 10:33:24 AM
Hmmm it'd be interesting if lich or necromancer(probably lich) was able to make death knights using multiple bodies or something like that...maybe using alive human pawns possibly?
Haha, we'll see.  Death knight will definitely "play nice" with the undead, so expect some synergy there.

carpediembr

Well, I figured it out that the issue is my ignorance. It says right on the screen that if "teleported", aka launched, into a undiscovered tile everything will vanish. My bad

Suggestion: What about a Resurrection spell with massive requirements/debuffs to the caster?

Torann

Quote from: carpediembr on September 29, 2018, 02:14:40 PM
Well, I figured it out that the issue is my ignorance. It says right on the screen that if "teleported", aka launched, into a undiscovered tile everything will vanish. My bad

Suggestion: What about a Resurrection spell with massive requirements/debuffs to the caster?
I don't think the issue you're having with teleport is with this mod.  Once created, the teleporter functionality is the same as any launch pod/pod launcher (it uses the same code).  You should be able to launch a teleporter (just like a standard launch pod) into an unoccupied area though.

The Priest class can learn Resurrection as their master spell.  The resurrected pawn will get a temporary debuff that lowers all capacities and can be stricken by the same side-effects the mech-serum gives - priests can reduce these side effects with training.  Due to the amount of mana required to perform the spell, the priest will also get a considerable arcane weakness debuff.

carpediembr

Thanks. I guess I looked up for Ressurection instead of resurrection, my bad.

Btw, I'm getting this error and wondering if it's related to this mod (it started happening after a Water Elemental rift showed up)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.PlayerItemAccessibilityUtility.CacheAccessibleThings (Int32 nearTile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PlayerItemAccessibilityUtility.Accessible (Verse.ThingDef thing, Int32 count, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PlayerItemAccessibilityUtility.PossiblyAccessible (Verse.ThingDef thing, Int32 count, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestTradeRequest+<TryFindRandomRequestedThingDef>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestTradeRequest+<TryFindRandomRequestedThingDef>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.ThingDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.ThingDef]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[ThingDef] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement[ThingDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, Verse.ThingDef& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestTradeRequest.TryFindRandomRequestedThingDef (Verse.Map map, Verse.ThingDef& thingDef, System.Int32& count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestTradeRequest.TryGenerateTradeRequest (RimWorld.Planet.TradeRequestComp target, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_QuestTradeRequest.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

https://git.io/fxfo1

Torann

Quote from: carpediembr on September 29, 2018, 11:13:45 PM
Btw, I'm getting this error and wondering if it's related to this mod (it started happening after a Water Elemental rift showed up)
Well, none of the methods in that error are from this mod, they're all Core.  Without knowing what item/thing it's trying to find, there's no way to know if it's caused by this mod, another mod, or the core game itself.  I've never seen the error myself though.  If you're getting the error frequently, you can always try removing mods to see if the error stops - obviously this is going to break other things, but it might help identify the culprit.

carpediembr

Probably some distant compability issue. I re-arranged my mods and started a new gameplay, let's see if it works.

One of my mods is the Lord of the Rims, and while trying to summon a Defense Pylon from the Summoner spell, i'm getting this error:

QuoteFailed to find Verse.ThingDef named DefensePylon. There are 2142 defs of this type loaded.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:GetNamed(String, Boolean)
Verse.ThingDef:Named(String)
TorannMagic.Projectile_SummonPylon:Impact(Thing)
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:ImpactSomething()
AbilityUser.Projectile_AbilityBase:Tick()
TorannMagic.Projectile_SummonPylon:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://git.io/fxfDT

Maybe it has to do with the mods restricting the construction of turrets and such things?

Torann

Quote from: carpediembr on September 30, 2018, 05:02:58 AM
One of my mods is the Lord of the Rims, and while trying to summon a Defense Pylon from the Summoner spell, i'm getting this error:
Maybe it has to do with the mods restricting the construction of turrets and such things?
Could be, I had a research tag for that structure that might be flagging it for removal.  Since it doesn't need research, I just took out the tag.  See if that helps at all.

Torann

Updated to v2.2.5:
Adds autocasting for various abilities, options to disable classes, and 2 new mid-tier fighter weapons.
Special thanks to ZE for helping test the autocast feature.

carpediembr

How to I enchant items with the gems?

And is there a way to cure Anxiety?

Canute

Select a pawn
Right click on a gem to pickup it for enchanting.
Right click on the enchanted item to enchant it, don't forget you need to have mana.

carpediembr

Quote from: Canute on October 02, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
Select a pawn
Right click on a gem to pickup it for enchanting.
Right click on the enchanted item to enchant it, don't forget you need to have mana.

Cool, thanks. Took me a few tries but I managed to do it.

Dont enchante wands.... the bonuses dont stack :/

TheJinx

yeah anything with the yellowish tan text won't stack and just cancels up that enchantment which is unfortunate when the bonus is at like 60%

rawrfisher

Exception ticking Doctor (at (191, 0, 171)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TorannMagic.AutoCast.CombatAbility.EvaluateMinRange (TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMight,TorannMagic.TMAbilityDef,AbilityUser.PawnAbility,TorannMagic.MightPower,single,bool&) <0x001b2>
at TorannMagic.AutoCast.CombatAbility.Evaluate (TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMight,TorannMagic.TMAbilityDef,AbilityUser.PawnAbility,TorannMagic.MightPower,bool&) <0x0005a>
at TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMight.ResolveAutoCast () <0x0465a>
at TorannMagic.CompAbilityUserMight.CompTick () <0x003fd>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () <0x0006c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00095>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x00487>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

There anything that stands out in this?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Gungnier

I have a succubus and a summoner and my succubus put "vitality drain" on my summoner and i can't get rid of it. Is there a way or i just have to live with that my only builder got debuffed and my succubus uncapable of anything except sweeping the floor having a good time?

henk

Recast the succubus spell on the current target to cancel it.