Major issue with mods.

Started by Nickson, July 31, 2016, 05:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickson

Hello everyone,

I've been getting a major issue with rimworld and it doesn't seem like any other people are having this issue.

I tried using a modpack and after I installed it, the screen turned black during loading so I removed all of the mods from the modpack and then afterwards I started up Rimworld and my steam workshop subscribed mods started showing up red with a database number but didn't seem to work. I'll post how it looks like.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

milon

I have no experience with Steam & mods.  I have very little experience with Steam at all.  So here's my guess: either mods turn red when they're inactive, or else the red indicates a problem with the mod.

Haplo

Normally they turn red, if their provided target version is different in the first or second place.
So a mod with a target 0.13.1234 would be red in the current version of the game (0.14.1249)
A target 0.14.1241 wouldn't show up as red in that version.

Please check your game version (start page in the top left corner) and compare it to the target version of the mod (on the mod page in the top right corner).

But I think you have another problem, as it would normally show the name of the mod and not 'Workshop mod XXXXXXX'.
So my suggestion is: make a game file check.
Right-click on RimWorld -> Settings -> Local Files -> Check game files for errors

Nickson

Well that's what I've tried before, my game files have been checked 4 times and the version for the mods won't even show up, they just are incompatible at that moment and it says so in the top right corner without any clarification of mod version.

It says : For version : unknown

loc978

Now, this is gonna suck, but... if your game files aren't corrupted, your mod files might be.
I assume you've cleared out the modpack from ~/steam/steamapps/common/rimworld/mods/
You may want to delete all of your local workshop content so that it re-downloads.
That would be in ~/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/ in directories named as those nonsense reference numbers your mod list is displaying... that is, inside a separate directory for rimworld named as another reference number. Mine is 294100, not sure if that is universal.

*edit* just make sure steam is shut down before performing file system surgery.

*edit2* what the files look like on my linux box:
http://i.imgur.com/gdpy5Aq.png
*edit3* what they look like on my windows laptop:
http://i.imgur.com/o04oCGu.png

milon

^ And disable Steam Sync until after you finish & run RimWorld again.  Otherwise, Steam will want to revert all those changes.

Nickson

I've been able to fix it myself. I deleted every folder I could find about rimworld and unsubscribed every mod. Then I did a complete clean of temp files and apparently it deleted a corrupted file. I don't know 100% what was the cause but eventually I got it fixed. Thank you for all the information and the help that you guys offered, this is why I decided to join this community ^.^

milon

Great!  And I'm glad you joined. We're a mostly good community. Chaotic neutral at the worst. ;)