[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Before adding mods, everybody knows that you must run RimWorld once and exit completely, right?  Otherwise RimWorld won't have set up it's "base config."

Basically:

1) Install RimWorld;
2) Run RimWorld;
3) Set base config options;
4) Exit RimWorld;
5) Add mods;
6) Run RimWorld;
7) Enable mods;
8) Exit RimWorld;
9) Repeat from 5 as needed.

But, always, always, always, after step 1, steps 2-3 are "required."  Skipping those steps can cause strange errors or bizarre behaviour.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

RemigiuszL

I uninstall game and delete game folder and folder in LocalLOW. Next:

1) Install RimWorld;
2) Run RimWorld;
4) Exit RimWorld;
5) Add mods; (I add only CCL)
6) Run RimWorld;
7) Enable mods, press CLOSE
8) Menu gone.

Shushei

Quote from: RemigiuszL on May 14, 2016, 10:30:49 AM
I uninstall game and delete game folder and folder in LocalLOW. Next:

1) Install RimWorld;
2) Run RimWorld;
4) Exit RimWorld;
5) Add mods; (I add only CCL)
6) Run RimWorld;
7) Enable mods, press CLOSE
8) Menu gone.

Ye its same for me/ I tried reinstaling game few times with cleaning out the locallow rimworld file ( with config and worlds etc ) everytime. And everytime menu disapears . To get menu back again i actually need to delete mod or clear mod config.

It sounds like the game isn't loading all of CCLs assets.  I'll see if I can reproduce this myself.  If one of you could provide me with your log file too, that would be helpful.

Edit:  I just tried but cannot reproduce this.  Definitely going to need log files from affected people to be able to diagnose.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

RemigiuszL

I changed the language to English, and the menu does not disappear.
(⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■)
Then I changed again on Polish and after restart the game menu disappears.

Error loading language from D:\Gry\RimWorld1135Win\Mods\Core\Languages\Polish: dir BrokenStateDef doesn't correspond to any def type. Skipping...

Edit.

I conducted the investigation. Swapped file Menus_Main.xml English and the menu appears correctly in English (obvious), the rest is Polish. In the Polish file is missing a few lines of code at the beginning, I put it with the English version but this is not the problem. I keep searching. May be missing something more.

Anyway, the problem is with the language files, not with modification.

Edit.2
It turns out is missing more lines in the file Menu_Main.xml. I translated English file to Polish and everything works.
I attach a file to the Polish language.
Path: ...\Mods\Core\Languages\Polish\Keyed

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

I'm glad to hear it's not a bug directly with CCL.  Thank you for your work tracking down the problem.  You should submit your translation file update to Ludeon so it can be integrated into the game.

Powered By

RemigiuszL

The problem is with all the language files. Disappearing also other functions in the game. I am currently using the English language. This is probably some old version of the translation. Maybe I'll translate them later, but there are already a group that is doing it, so they should fix the problem.

So, if someone has a problem with disappearing menu let them set the English language. If the problem disappears let please report a problem (in translate section on forum) with the language files - lack the lines of code.

I think I have the issue fixed on CCLs end.  Now, if the strings are missing you should just get an ugly translation key displayed, but at least you will have buttons.  :)