[Request] Blast Doors / Lockable Doors

Started by Pear, March 11, 2014, 09:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pear

So you've got your main entrance, a long hallway, a kill corridor, a room full of turrets, whatever it is. The point is, it's a long walk. What I wanted to do was to make a 1 x 2 door/wall thing, with a toggle option for opening and closing (with a longer delay in-between, and a power requirement), and without letting colonists open it themselves.

I've looked into the available classes, but couldn't really find what I needed in the door class. I guess larger doors that you can lock would be more of a "official feature" later on, but I just wanted to see if anyone in the modding community could do something like this.

404 Name Not Found

Quote from: Pear on March 11, 2014, 09:21:56 PM
So you've got your main entrance, a long hallway, a kill corridor, a room full of turrets, whatever it is. The point is, it's a long walk. What I wanted to do was to make a 1 x 2 door/wall thing, with a toggle option for opening and closing (with a longer delay in-between, and a power requirement), and without letting colonists open it themselves.

I've looked into the available classes, but couldn't really find what I needed in the door class. I guess larger doors that you can lock would be more of a "official feature" later on, but I just wanted to see if anyone in the modding community could do something like this.

I second this request, I use kill corridors too and this is something I wish I could have.

blaze7736

I believe this would be possible to make i currently have a big mod which i am working on getting released but i will see if i can fit this one on the side ps if you can do textures for this door / anything else would love to hear from you

Architect

This isn't currently possible in alpha two as delay times are hard coded. Alpha 3 and a bit of C# jiggery pokery will make this possible, look forward to it
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

blaze7736

thanks was thinking that would be the case, ps do you now any good graphics artist who could help with a mod

Cala13er

If you define "with a longer delay in-between" I will surely make this for you. Obviously with the timing it'll be a dll mod :).