[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Yes, zones.
When you look at the guest tab, you see 2 zone selectors.
The top where the guest are freely to move.
And the other the zone they are allowed to buy stuff from.
If you only see Home and Area1, you just need to create new ones.

Beathrus

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2019, 07:53:25 AM
Yes, zones.
When you look at the guest tab, you see 2 zone selectors.
The top where the guest are freely to move.
And the other the zone they are allowed to buy stuff from.
If you only see Home and Area1, you just need to create new ones.

Alright! I get it now! Thanks again everyone!

Hunor

I think I found an incompatibilty(-ish). When having the "no water no life" mod on the guests don't spawn with any water so they always leave the -100 or so review of my colony cuz of dehydration.

Orion

Thanks for reporting. I'll add it to the list.

MostNimbus

Hello! I'm getting these error since the last update. After these guests would just stay still with "Standing" job and eventually leave because of hunger. Anyone get these too? Thanks!

Orion

Hm. How curious. Care to upload a complete log (Ctrl-F12)? Is there any reason why they might not find anything to do and can't eat? Like their area is set to nothing, or there's nothing to do in their area? Or it's some custom faction that doesn't bring food?

I tried it myself, and indeed, when the area doesn't contain anything to do or is not drawn, you will get this error.

MostNimbus

Thanks for attention! Here's the log: https://git.io/fhuXE
I know it has a ridiculous amount of mods but since you could reproduce the error I hope it's okay. Sorry if the log is impossible to read

Also I noticed that most of the time they get stuck if they don't have a joy source and relax socially at the table.

Edit: Built a joy source and managed to get them all stuck. Here: https://git.io/fhuXM . Changing the area of accomodation to "None" seems to fix the error

Orion

How... you can't set the area of accommodation to none... Can you post a screenshot of the area that a guest gets stuck in?

Asmith

Hello,

Great mod, I have been using it for many versions now, so thank you.

I have just recently started in 1.0, and for the start of my game everything was working fine as usual.  I'm not sure what changed but now visitors will leave immediately sometimes disappearing before I can even look at them.  I noticed several months (and pages) back someone else had this problem, and you released a patch for it, but it seems not to have worked in my case.  Is there an easy workaround for this?

Thanks again.

Orion

Double check if you're using any of the incompatible mods. If the visitors can't reach their designated area, or it's non-existent, they will also leave again.
This could theoretically be causes by custom door mods or enemies occupying their area.

MostNimbus

I noticed that Misc. MapGen might be the problem. In rare cases it generates joy structures that can't be accessed by visitors. No errors so far since I turned it off. It's a shame it's incompatible but thanks for help!

Orion

Hm. Interesting. Inaccessible structures shouldn't be the issue. Only if they have no options at all.
Note that the fact you had no problem yet is not conclusive for MapGen being the problem. It could very well be something that happens / you do later on in the game.

Kori

QuoteKnown conflicts:
- No water no life (guests will dehydrate)

All my guests carry water and drink regularly. :)

Orion

Thanks for letting me know! Maybe it's already fixed or it was just one guy's problem.

Ra1612

Since installing this mod, prisoners and guests started to flirt with my colonists. And just now I got a new lover's notifications for one of my colonists and a guest. I can remove it with dev tools, but is it intended to work like that?