New personality trait suggestions

Started by Simon_The_Space_Engineer, January 19, 2016, 02:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

So I've noticed that some of the personality traits seems to be lacking in variety, I know that there isn't many added yet but maybe to make the game more realistic and the story more interesting, more personality traits might be nice. Here are some I have thought of (keep in mind these might not be as balanced as i think they are)

ADHD - blank has a hard time sitting still and focusing on tasks that they don't enjoy, but can learn thing that they do enjoy at a faster rate as they are extremely interested in it. They have a varying work speed based on how much they like a task. +.15 learning speed for interests -.15 learning speed for tasks not interested in. +.10 work speed for interests, -.10 work speed for none interests.

Big doof - blank is a friendly, loving doof. They aren't very smart but love to be around others and become stronger to help a friend in need
+.10 to socializing mood bonus +5 and additional +2 for every person near by. +.05 walk speed and attack speed when nearby friend is injured

Explosion lover - blank loves explosions, and just the sound and thought of them makes them happy +5 mood when explosion happens on map +10 when explosion happens in sight -5 when explosion hasn't happens in a few day -10 when explosion hasn't happened in a long time (edit) +5 when holding Gernades of any kind +10 when holding larger explosive weapon

Gun Lover - (this is because of the brawler trait) Blank love guns. Just holding one makes blank really happy. they don't like using melee weapons. -20 mood when equipped with a melee weapon +5 when holding a gun

Anti social - blank doesn't mind being cooped up inside for long periods of time and doesn't like talking to people or being around more than one or two at a time. +5 mood when alone +10 mood when alone for a long time -5 when talking to someone -10 when near more than 1 person -2 social level +4 mental endurance

Chatter Box - blank hates being alone for more than a few hours. they love to talk a lot. +2 social -4 mental endurance +5 being near more than 1 person -5 mood when alone -10 mood when alone for long time

Writer - Blank likes to write in there free time. they dont care if its any good, as long as they feel good when doing it. they can write books in there free time. New joy activity: writing book, writing short story. (books and short stories might also allow for book shelves to be added and give colonists the ability to read for joy and study to improve skills)

Video Gamer - Blank loves video games and talking to other people over computers. +5 when using a machine or computer +5 mood when using an laser weapon -.05 attacking time (maybe video games could be added as a joy activity, as well as different kinds to help with joy tolerances build up) if video games are added no joy tolerance builds for video gaming.

Funny - Blank is a naturally funny person. They have even helped writers make joke books (if books are added this could also work) +.25 social impact on mood

Creative - blank is a creative person. they like to making new things. this can get in the way sometimes and distract them from there work. +5 mood when crafting -5 mood if they haven't crafted in a while +2 crafting and tailoring skill, -.10 global working speed

Family person - Blank loves to be around others and thinks of them as his/her family, especially younger people. +5 mood when around at least 1 other person -5 when alone. -.20 joy tolerance build up when doing joy activity around someone else -15 mood when other colonist dies +15 mood when new person joins colony

Golden Heart - blank has a heart of gold, often times putting others before themselves and getting upset when others are put after them. +5 mood when all colonists are healthy +5 mood when most colonists are happy -5 mood when other colonist is hurt and they are not +5 when other colonists are healthy and they are hurt -5 mood when most other colonists are upset or not happy. -20 mood when other colonist dies.

Jerk - blank is an absolute jerk. they like to see others in small amounts of pain and make others suffer from mean words. +5 mood bonus for social interaction (-5 for anyone involved) +5 mood when others are in small amounts of pain -2 social skill, warden job is disabled

Mute - blank doesn't speak at all. no one knows if its by choice or if they never could. this doesn't bother them though and they like to listen to other people talking to them. all social jobs disabled (including trading and talking to other colonies) +2 additional mood to social interaction (-2 for others involved) -2 animal handling

I am aware that these might be extremely hard to program in or even impossible and i don't expect to see them any time soon and some maybe even not at all, but these seem like they might be nice additions to the different kinds of personalities out there and may add to the story itself (sorry if this is a little confusing, i just felt like i needed to share this and i may have not written this the best possible way... thanks for reading!)
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

jzero

(insert un-arguable proof that i know stuff about modding). So overall, this should be kind of easy to implement. Mostly the ones that just affect mood of character and others, not sure about the ones that add new mechanics though. Hope my amazing knowledge of modding helped you
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

MarcTheMerc

Love it expecialy the Explosion lover.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Yea these where thing I though of and I've seen in some people (mainly things like explosion lover) and thought these would cool in the game
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.