[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Can you set the damage to 0?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Saularian

Tried that, 0 does what it says, zero ;) No effect. Tried different values, to no availl, it even seems that at 1 pain per damage there seems to be a high chance of instant death due to 100% bloodloss. I've been sifting through the core files looking for something that could cause such a catastrophic event. It looks like somehow the painthreshhold of 100 seems to be a hard line in the sense that if it goes beyond that it turns into 100% bloodloss. Somehow using pain as the incap method seems legit, although somehow pain can kill. I don't know if there is way to make a weapon affect consciousness instead of pain (like in using the anesthetic coding, a tranq-gun for range, a sedative for melee) or if the incap point for pain be set to 50% or 75% as the system seems to calculate that if a pawn is hurting that much (100%), it most probably is fatally wounded and should be dead. But, I'm barely scratching the surface of even the simplest coding, and am probably far from implementing something like this, if it is even possible without rewriting/editing the core codes.

BTW: I did implement the "vaporise" damagedef to a beamweapon... It's like a magic wand that makes pawns go *poof*, now just looking how to add an after effect (like some kind of smoke) and how to get it to work as standalone :)

skullywag

Im think perhaps the stungun and tazer should go back to being C# coded instead of using hediffs....might be easier to control....ill have a think. I would wait until A10 before trying anything complex with motes (like adding your own) Tynans done some work in this area for us modders. I did have a pink mist texture (might even still be there) i was going to use but adding your own motes is funky currently.

skullywag

bit of a texture update while im making new weapons, not 100% happy with them but ill adjust as i go.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skullywag

resources? all my weapons get made into stuff to allow them to be construction ingredients in my omniturret, it should have no impact on the game or the categories if you dont use omniturrets. I see all my weapons under weapons ranged in the category list, where are you seeing them, or am i misunderstanding the issue.

HBKRKO619

They appear in the ressource part in the EDB prepare carefully mod ^^

skullywag

ah yes, this is due to the way EdB looks for items and splits them into categorys, he looks for weapontags only after hes sorted everything else, due to guns being stuff in my weapons it categorises them as resources even though the main game doesnt. Not really my issue and not really anything I can do about it. I am doing something slightly edge case so I dont expect EdB to fix this as no one else will be doing this. You can ask him though if it bugs you that much. :)

Dragoon

Nah it's all good just wanted to know if anyone else had that problem it doesn't bug me 8)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Tequilas

Wonder if ShapedCharge will take the place (if big enough) of any big props, such as: roof on a building, mountain?

This question may have already been answered.

skullywag

sorry not sure i understand, the charge will remove ALL roofs, you may just need multiple.

Tequilas

Okay, thanks for the reply!

I'll keep my ears open for future updates!

dareddevil7

when i look at the file for the RPG and the commonness is 1, i feel worried

skullywag

Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 22, 2015, 06:46:39 PM

The what?

dareddevil7

Quote from: skullywag on March 22, 2015, 07:16:04 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on March 22, 2015, 06:46:39 PM

The what?
commonality, its set to 1, does that mean it shows up alot?