[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

I am aware that Alpha 4 is out and I shall be working on making BetterPower+ alpha 4 viable as soon as I physically can, however my exams are up until Friday the 13th of this month, so I am currently a little busy. I wouldn't expect too much until then.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Manly

Sounds good Architect.  Love the mod but am happy that you have your priorities 100% straight.

StorymasterQ

Ooh, this month's 13th is on Friday, isn't it? Nice, it's been a while since one of those came around.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

haint

things just aren't the same without that charged wire man.  good luck on your exams, look forward to your return.
"Whoa"

Architect

I can give a solid time scale of two weeks to bring this mod up to alpha 4, though with luck ill get it all done in the blitz im going on this sunday. One way or another, My new textures are coming in, my motivation is coming back, my exams are finishing, my computers being upgraded, and I'll be back to get the job done with all the features promised in the changelog for the future displayed on the main post :D

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

JorDash

Quote from: Architect on June 12, 2014, 07:14:43 AM
I can give a solid time scale of two weeks to bring this mod up to alpha 4, though with luck ill get it all done in the blitz im going on this sunday. One way or another, My new textures are coming in, my motivation is coming back, my exams are finishing, my computers being upgraded, and I'll be back to get the job done with all the features promised in the changelog for the future displayed on the main post :D

Were is my like button?

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: JorDash on June 12, 2014, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: Architect on June 12, 2014, 07:14:43 AM

Were is my like button?
Ask Tynan about that, he removed it -_-
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Architect

Work has begun, a total of over 200 errors ironed out and dealt with when compiling, now I just need to go through all the XML stuff and make sure that works.

I hope to have an alpha 4 build out sometime between later tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Said build will be lacking a lot of sounds, will likely still be full of minor errors, and new features will be missing textures and not fully functional, but the base Mod as it was before alpha 4 should work as it once did, which I think is what people are looking for at the moment.

Edit:
That being said, I'm running into some significant issues with the fact that RimWorlds GUI seems to randomly delete itself entirely when using my mod, and spits up literally no errors whilst doing it. Might take a while to correct this, what with not having even the slightest indication what the issue is and all.

jaredis1

Quote from: Architect on June 14, 2014, 02:35:04 PM
Work has begun, a total of over 200 errors ironed out and dealt with when compiling, now I just need to go through all the XML stuff and make sure that works.

I hope to have an alpha 4 build out sometime between later tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Said build will be lacking a lot of sounds, will likely still be full of minor errors, and new features will be missing textures and not fully functional, but the base Mod as it was before alpha 4 should work as it once did, which I think is what people are looking for at the moment.

Edit:
That being said, I'm running into some significant issues with the fact that RimWorlds GUI seems to randomly delete itself entirely when using my mod, and spits up literally no errors whilst doing it. Might take a while to correct this, what with not having even the slightest indication what the issue is and all.

if that happenes its a XML code... if you want i looked at some ones mod and show that there is no longer a <thingdefs> at the start of the thingsdef files

Architect

Quote from: jaredis1 on June 14, 2014, 03:01:33 PM

Edit:

if that happenes its a XML code... if you want i looked at some ones mod and show that there is no longer a <thingdefs> at the start of the thingsdef files

Cheers dude, but I've already tracked down the issue now. The UI namespace no longer exists, and ITab_Bills was attempting to use it. You're quite right it was an XML issue though, just generally they error as opposed to deleting the entire game GUI :P

jaredis1

Quote from: Architect on June 14, 2014, 03:30:50 PM
Quote from: jaredis1 on June 14, 2014, 03:01:33 PM

Edit:

Cheers dude, but I've already tracked down the issue now. The UI namespace no longer exists, and ITab_Bills was attempting to use it. You're quite right it was an XML issue though, just generally they error as opposed to deleting the entire game GUI :P

ya took me forever to find out that lol

Architect

All warnings have been solved and removed, 10 more major errors to fix up and ill be putting the build out for preliminary testing.

Architect

OK, everything is up and ready to be downloaded. I don't expect it to all work properly, and frankly I'll be more than amazed if it does, but to go through and test everything by myself will take more breaths than I have left in me, so I'm going to leave it to to you guys, so:

As soon as you find a bug, error, or unexpected occurrence, let me know ASAP and I'll get to work on fixing it instantly.