[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 13, 2014, 02:56:23 PM
So in Misc.xml in the Thingdefs folder I just delete everything apart from -<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">

<defName>EnginePart</defName>

<eType>BuildingComplex</eType>

<label>Unidentified object</label>

and its ending /Thingdef?

and everything apart from misc.xml in that folder?

Then all folders apart from incident defs?

Okay after reading through misc.xml again I realised that the unidentified object ISNT the object that crashes and creates the plasma storm so is that item that crashes defined in your .dll? Does that mean I just need to delete everything inside the defs folder apart from incidentdefs?

The engine part def is what causes the plasma storms, but its a different incident def which triggers it to spawn in the first place :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

insanevizir

Sorry if its been already asked, but how can i know the power output of the buildings of the mod?
I constructed a nuclear control and it dont say how much it generates on the description.

Architect

I still havent finished the wikia which is where eventually you will be able to get all this info. Currently it has an output of 6000 when fed with uranium. However if you try to fill it with uranium whilst it is below 66% health, or it falls to that whilst producing, it will explode violently, flammably, and laggily. However, it is not a huge explosion, and when the lag subsides after a few seconds, if you can put out the fires in time it is quite possible to recover.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

longbyte1

Wikia? Didn't Tynan say something about not fragmenting RimWorld-related information?

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Architect on May 13, 2014, 04:39:15 PM
So in Misc.xml in the Thingdefs folder I just delete everything apart from -<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">

Okay after reading through misc.xml again I realised that the unidentified object ISNT the object that crashes and creates the plasma storm so is that item that crashes defined in your .dll? Does that mean I just need to delete everything inside the defs folder apart from incidentdefs?

The engine part def is what causes the plasma storms, but its a different incident def which triggers it to spawn in the first place :P

So I was right in my first assumption, delete everything apart from the unidentified object then delete all apart from incididentdefs and misc.xml?

Architect

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 13, 2014, 06:59:47 PM
Quote from: Architect on May 13, 2014, 04:39:15 PM

So I was right in my first assumption, delete everything apart from the unidentified object then delete all apart from incididentdefs and misc.xml?

Yeah, that should do the trick :P Do other people agree with the sentiment that they would rather have access to individual parts of the mod? I've already split hard and normal up, and  could quite easily make downloads separate for individual parts of the mod.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Architect on May 13, 2014, 07:13:32 PM
Yeah, that should do the trick :P Do other people agree with the sentiment that they would rather have access to individual parts of the mod? I've already split hard and normal up, and  could quite easily make downloads separate for individual parts of the mod.

Well I did it that way and the event sure did work (within about 3 days on my current game) however the object is broke and you can't deconstruct it. I tried front and back, it is just completely unselectable  at all.

My opinion on your post - I think maybe that work for compatibility is already being done(with the technic modpack I believe), but as a temporary measure for us non-testers and only IF it isn't too much work for you then making parts of betterpower+ that aren't incompatible with industrial would be a good idea. Basically just the barebone's "compatibility" version that just cuts out a few incompatible or duplicated parts would be nice.

If it's too much work I am more than happy to just wait :)

Olfan

I've gotten into a habit of drilling my own steaming holes into the ground and powering my base with geothermal reactors, sitting safely deep in the mountain, neatly organized in tightly packed rows. Great mod, awesome mod, especially in combination with the Turrets package and huge waves of would-be invaders to be stuck in gibbet cages very soon. All of a sudden though, a few days ago this new habit of mine started to fail me.

My BP+ buildings don't do anything anymore in a new game I started. Tech is researched and buildings are built and connected to my bases power grid, yet the lightning rod, while attracting a lot of lightning, never says anything but "Power needed: 0W", the laser drill happily draws 1200W of power but never finishes, and the coal miner never produces any coal.
I suspect that all the parts that should be done by the C# .dll have stopped working while all the XML stuff still works, but I've got no idea as to what might have caused it and how I could debug and fix it.
This happens on both Mac and Windows, and it also happens when BP+ is the only active mod besides core.
What have I done so far?
• Start a new game: no avail
• Use a fresh installation of Rimworld: no avail
• Use BP+ from the Big Bang Mod Pack as the only mod to core: no avail
• Use BP+ from this thread as the only mod to core: no avail
• Save and restart Rimworld after the structure has been built: no avail
• Reload a "last known good" save: doesn't work anymore either
• Start Rimworld "as an administrator" (Windows): no avail
• sudo open -a Rimworld413Mac (Mac): no avail

I'm a bit at a loss now, and I'd greatly appreciate any ideas on how to track down and fix this issue.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

StorymasterQ

Sounds like a mystery plot! Try adding your known 'bad' save and the output log file. Maybe there's a clue in there. Best of luck!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Dr. Z

So I assume the mysterious object falling from space and causing a massive thunderstorm is part of this mod? How can I use it? I reaserched black box reading but I can't interact with it, just wait for it to explode and screw up my colony.

Also just build the nuclear control, but how do I use it? I know I need Uranium but the description says something about other nuclear reactor components but I have no in my building menu. What do I do with the Uranium to peoduce power?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Olfan on May 14, 2014, 05:25:21 AM
I've gotten into a habit of drilling my own steaming holes into the ground and powering my base with geothermal reactors, sitting safely deep in the mountain, neatly organized in tightly packed rows. Great mod, awesome mod, especially in combination with the Turrets package and huge waves of would-be invaders to be stuck in gibbet cages very soon. All of a sudden though, a few days ago this new habit of mine started to fail me.

My BP+ buildings don't do anything anymore in a new game I started. Tech is researched and buildings are built and connected to my bases power grid, yet the lightning rod, while attracting a lot of lightning, never says anything but "Power needed: 0W", the laser drill happily draws 1200W of power but never finishes, and the coal miner never produces any coal.
I suspect that all the parts that should be done by the C# .dll have stopped working while all the XML stuff still works, but I've got no idea as to what might have caused it and how I could debug and fix it.
This happens on both Mac and Windows, and it also happens when BP+ is the only active mod besides core.
What have I done so far?
� Start a new game: no avail
� Use a fresh installation of Rimworld: no avail
� Use BP+ from the Big Bang Mod Pack as the only mod to core: no avail
� Use BP+ from this thread as the only mod to core: no avail
� Save and restart Rimworld after the structure has been built: no avail
� Reload a "last known good" save: doesn't work anymore either
� Start Rimworld "as an administrator" (Windows): no avail
� sudo open -a Rimworld413Mac (Mac): no avail

I'm a bit at a loss now, and I'd greatly appreciate any ideas on how to track down and fix this issue.

I know this is a given but have you tried deleting rim world and reinstalling?

also go to the bp .dll right click then properties and see if windows has blocked that file also try disabling anti virus then running

Vas

Next time you're on Architech, catch me up on all that's happened for the last while.  I still can't play right now though.  My old HDD had a severely dangerous undetectable by any antivirus in the world virus on it and bad sectors, and my recovery partition as it turns out is a fake because Asus sells you computers with broken recovery partitions and laughs when you gotta go buy a 10 year old Windows 7 recovery disk directly from them that has not been updated since the dawn of time and my OS will now expire in 3 days due to a bad CD key for not using THEIR disk.  So yea......  Will have to get caught up on all of this soon.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

LittleMikey

Is Nuclear power not fully implemented yet? Because I've built a Nuclear Controller and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from there xD

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 15, 2014, 08:57:04 AM
Is Nuclear power not fully implemented yet? Because I've built a Nuclear Controller and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from there xD

have you pu a hopper with uranium next to it?

LittleMikey

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 15, 2014, 09:35:58 AM
Quote from: LittleMikey on May 15, 2014, 08:57:04 AM

have you pu a hopper with uranium next to it?

I tried that but the hopper wouldn't take Uranium. Was I supposed to use a Coal hopper? I thought that was just for the coal power plant... my bad.