[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prismaa

Is the Combat Realism turrets and cannon in this pack? I love those, mainly the browning machine gun.

NephilimNexus

I was very amused when I saw a hauling bot jump into the seat of an ATV and start driving it around.

Even more impressive is that the bot could still drive it around even after it ran out of fuel.

jackarbiter

Quote from: florencka on June 03, 2016, 03:05:45 AM
I did a little bit of testing and can confirm that the hauling loop between zones of different priority doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. Hauling with vehicles to containers from Extended Storage mod doesn't work. Is it something that you can and intend to change? I'm using a workaround with a low priority zone next to the containers, so that the last couple of metres are hauled manually, this works fine.

Did they work before? I haven't dealt with them, if they never worked then they must be some special zone beyond the normal zones the hauling code deals with. I may take a look at them, for some reason I thought they were the same as the quantum storage things.

Quote from: zzz1000 on June 03, 2016, 03:20:21 AM
Small video about  tank versus cannon  (Not sure is it ok to post it here )

https://youtu.be/2IgRsTFYxTA
I shoot it from small arms mostly in hope to damage sensors, they are less protected somehow
Machinegun one is most safe  I suppose, and now I have  AP ammo for sniper rifle.   

The ghost in the shell reference made me lol. That's a good vid, glad to see the cannon takes some time to do the job. Wish that centipede had a little more sense as far as not trying to shoot the guy it couldn't hit, but he gave a good volley over the top of your embrasures, was a good scene.

Quote from: Voker57 on June 03, 2016, 04:51:20 AM
I updated but somehow reference bookcases still don't link to simple research bench.

On first release I had bookcase as the required building listed for some research on accident, but I think reference bookcases always linked to research benches. The regular bookcase will not. It should show the placeworker (the line connecting to it) when you go to build the reference bookcase. This works for me on new colonies and older saves. If it's not working for you, godmode in a new research bench and see if the reference bookcase can link to it then.

Quote from: Voker57 on June 03, 2016, 05:33:32 AM
Suggestion: did you consider including Deep Storage from MD2 mods? I think it would be really great addition to this mod, it's way less glitchy than that ammo thing currently included and does not involve some space magic like quantum storage.

Ah cool, I thought those worked the same way as the quantum storage. I'll take a look at using them then.

Quote from: Prismaa on June 03, 2016, 07:14:16 AM
Is the Combat Realism turrets and cannon in this pack? I love those, mainly the browning machine gun.

CR defense is in here. I put an actual browning in from another mod, not sure if you mean one that looks like a browning in CR. The cannon is my own creation, but I'm assuming you mean a different turret; whichever ones are in CR defense are in here. If you mean some other mod, let me know.

Quote from: NephilimNexus on June 03, 2016, 07:19:14 AM
I was very amused when I saw a hauling bot jump into the seat of an ATV and start driving it around.

Even more impressive is that the bot could still drive it around even after it ran out of fuel.

Yeah someone else mentioned hauling bots driving vehicles and I figured it was a "feature." I can remove this "feature" pretty easily I think. But I don't hear people complaining yet.

The bot was needing a recharge or the ATV was out of fuel? Any vehicle is "driveable" at a very low speed when out of fuel, kinda like a pawn getting behind and pushing the vehicle; I mainly did this so that vehicles don't get stranded out the middle of nowhere, but at this point I have a way I could just make them undriveable if that'd be preferable for people.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Prismaa

Just love how the CR cannon looks like, might not have went too far in research, but there is two cannons in this modpack? CR and your? or only your cannon?

jackarbiter

Quote from: Prismaa on June 03, 2016, 09:46:57 AM
Just love how the CR cannon looks like, might not have went too far in research, but there is two cannons in this modpack? CR and your? or only your cannon?

Oh, he renamed it flak turret in the game, didn't know what you meant. It's in here, and still looking good.

My own cannon is an old-style pirate ship cannon-thingy.

Prismaa

Hmm this would be nice in this pack https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20530.0 (Beautiful Wood Floors), aka adds +2 beauty on wood floors, by default they give 0 beauty, in my mind wood floors are best looking ones :P

jackarbiter

Quote from: Prismaa on June 03, 2016, 10:34:19 AMby default they give 0 beauty

I'd never even looked at that, I assumed they'd have some beauty.

I've tweaked them vs. carpet, will be in whenever I update next. Carpet has 1 instead of 2 (IRL I hate carpet), take less cloth but no real work as normal, wood floors have 2 but are slower to build (same as stone tile now) and take 4 wood instead of 3. Probably too close to that mod not to credit the author, so credit goes to him (gotta revise my credits post, it has reached the max character count) but for now I'm just going to attach this if anyone wants it. Put it in ARBRealisticResearch\Defs\TerrainDefs\

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Prismaa

Hmm using Jack (nice) and on rough, seems to send me raids pretty much daily xD But usually like 2-3 enemies only

jackarbiter

Quote from: Prismaa on June 03, 2016, 12:34:53 PM
Hmm using Jack (nice) and on rough, seems to send me raids pretty much daily xD But usually like 2-3 enemies only

I bumped jack nice up to normal incidents/day for Randy Random, which is 1.45, about average. The percentages for negative events are the same. The nice reduces the amount of raiders. But generally it should average out to about 20% bad stuff, and not all of that raids. Hopefully the random number generator will leave you alone for a few days.

If people find that they liked the reduced amount of events (1 a day) I can try that again. But it was sorta boring.

Prismaa

Quote from: jackarbiter on June 03, 2016, 01:12:59 PM
Quote from: Prismaa on June 03, 2016, 12:34:53 PM

I bumped jack nice up to normal incidents/day for Randy Random, which is 1.45, about average. The percentages for negative events are the same. The nice reduces the amount of raiders. But generally it should average out to about 20% bad stuff, and not all of that raids. Hopefully the random number generator will leave you alone for a few days.

If people find that they liked the reduced amount of events (1 a day) I can try that again. But it was sorta boring.
Well now it's been few days and no raids :v Also I always forget to add stonecutting tweaks mod D:. Hmm damn I used to have one mod I used, that added some new nice wooden floors and stuff like stone slab/tile/random tile floors, but I forgot what mods adds those.

florencka

Quote from: jackarbiter on June 03, 2016, 09:33:45 AM
Quote from: florencka on June 03, 2016, 03:05:45 AM
I did a little bit of testing and can confirm that the hauling loop between zones of different priority doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. Hauling with vehicles to containers from Extended Storage mod doesn't work. Is it something that you can and intend to change? I'm using a workaround with a low priority zone next to the containers, so that the last couple of metres are hauled manually, this works fine.

Did they work before? I haven't dealt with them, if they never worked then they must be some special zone beyond the normal zones the hauling code deals with. I may take a look at them, for some reason I thought they were the same as the quantum storage things.

It would be great! I don't think they worked before, but the hauling loop bug was so bad for me before this update that it's really hard to tell.

Grogfeld

Now that's what I like. Really quick bugfixing. I've been watching my Pawns using carts and vehicles and there is no hauling loop compared to previous similar situations so kudos for solving that. :)

herrcaptain

While there's talk of bots doing funny things (like driving vehicles) last night (still on 0.05) I witnessed my cleaning bot insult a colonist. It was the town jerk who was always picking fights, but thankfully this didn't manage to set her off.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I personally loved it.

Bonkus72

Had what i assume is a bug with a fuse.  had a makeshift fuse connected to the only 3 batteries I had, and got the Zzzzt event WITH an explosion/fire from 1900W of stored energy.  Played with the fuse mod before arbitration and had plenty of those events, but all it did then was damage the fuse.

jackarbiter

Quote from: Grogfeld on June 03, 2016, 08:35:02 PM
Now that's what I like. Really quick bugfixing. I've been watching my Pawns using carts and vehicles and there is no hauling loop compared to previous similar situations so kudos for solving that. :)

Good to know, and thanks for all your work testing and reporting. :)

Quote from: Bonkus72 on June 03, 2016, 10:47:31 PM
Had what i assume is a bug with a fuse.  had a makeshift fuse connected to the only 3 batteries I had, and got the Zzzzt event WITH an explosion/fire from 1900W of stored energy.  Played with the fuse mod before arbitration and had plenty of those events, but all it did then was damage the fuse.

(EDIT)
Apparently this is a known issue with the fuse mod. One poster said he had to relocate his fuses to get them to work in a prior version.

Quote from: herrcaptain on June 03, 2016, 09:44:52 PM
While there's talk of bots doing funny things (like driving vehicles) last night (still on 0.05) I witnessed my cleaning bot insult a colonist. It was the town jerk who was always picking fights, but thankfully this didn't manage to set her off.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I personally loved it.

Lol, well I don't know if it's a feature but that's something that would probably happen on vanilla with the robots mod; it'd probably take an intrusive override to avoid, and probably isn't worth it.