[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM_ME_NAKED_SINGULARITIES

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Nothing

You mentioned that this works with Alien Races? Could you explain how that works?

Dolore9000

Is a new playthrough required, or is it save game friendly?  I've had the same issues as others with crashed games on bad seed loads...  Would love a list of good seeds, btw.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Dolore9000 on September 24, 2017, 12:07:06 AM
Is a new playthrough required, or is it save game friendly?  I've had the same issues as others with crashed games on bad seed loads...  Would love a list of good seeds, btw.

You can savely add the mod to any savegame, but not remove it once the younger pawns are in the game.

What kind of seed are you looking for ? The definition of good highly depends on this :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Hadley

MonkeyD.Ruffy

robotguy4

Quote from: Hadley on September 26, 2017, 01:35:17 PM
Has to mod now switched over to Harmony?
Looks like it.

Quote from: Nothing on September 23, 2017, 03:05:08 PM
You mentioned that this works with Alien Races? Could you explain how that works?
As far as I can tell, this mod will not conflict with most Aliens Framework mods. I've so far only tested this with the Android mod with zero problems. As for the reproduction of aliens, I think that hasn't been implemented and most likely would be part of its own patch or mod.

EDIT: Took a look at the code. Yeah, only humans for now though it's possible to impregnate a human female with a male alien.

GrimTrigger

I would love to see the owners of the respective race mods to provide an integration patch with this mod.

PiggyLord

I'm new to downloading mods from things other than the Steam Workshop so I don't know which files to download, can someone please help and tell me which ones?

maculator

Quote from: Thirite on December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM
Requires HugsLib to function
v0.3kUnstable Download here
You want to download the most recent huglib from the first link and in the second one you click the big green button and download the repo as a zip.

Hadley

robotguy4

I may have found a bug.

It would appear if the mother gives birth while being carried, RimWorldChildren.Hediff_HumanPregnancy.DoBirthSpawn seems to fail, causing the HumanPregnancy Hediff to not be properly removed and the baby fail to spawn.

I'm not 100% sure as I found this bug while messing with some code related to accelerating pregnancy (this bug wouldn't usually happen as the time between a pregnant pawn being picked up and natural birth is normally long enough to reach a bed) and also [REDACTED].

Also, I'm starting to work on my accelerated aging-drugs for Rimworld again, among other things.

Here's the relevant error log snippets. It may also hint as to what the [REDACTED] portion of my mucking around with the code is:

Exception ticking Ocelot: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorldChildren.Hediff_HumanPregnancy.DoBirthSpawn (Verse.Pawn mother, Verse.Pawn father, Single chance_successful) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldChildren.Hediff_HumanPregnancy.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.ThingOwnerTick (Boolean removeIfDestroyed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_CarryTracker.CarryHandsTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

HumanPregnancy Hediff was not properly removed when pawn Kitty gave birth.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorldChildren.Hediff_HumanPregnancy:Tick()
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:HealthTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.ThingOwner:ThingOwnerTick(Boolean)
Verse.Pawn_CarryTracker:CarryHandsTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I'll give more info on my modifications once I get it more stable.

Tenshi~Akari

Tick bug, this time with kids spawning from Cryptosleep Caskets:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorldChildren.Children_Drawing.ModifyHairForChild (UnityEngine.Material,Verse.Pawn) <0x0001e>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch0 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x00a7f>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00b82>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00061>
at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0002a>
at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00032>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings_Patch1 (object,Verse.DrawTargetDef) <0x0021a>
at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () <0x0012c>
at Verse.Game.UpdatePlay () <0x0005c>
at Verse.Root_Play.Update () <0x0004c>

Causes other on-map graphics to not render or flicker when that particular child pawn is on screen, and slight tick lag as a result.

Also still having a hard time with random worldgen crashes when the game tries to generate kids into my starting lineup... I've just had the idea to try editing scenarios to start with one pawn then use EdB-PC to add in the rest that I need, but I can see where this might be a slight issue for those that chose not to have that mod in not being able to do that.

Kori

@Thirite
do you want to release an update in the near future, or do you want to wait for A18?