Food Sits on the Ground

Started by Rathlord, November 07, 2013, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathlord

Heya guys,

Not sure whether this is a bug or just me not understanding the game correctly.

When I get food from planting crops, it just sits on the ground. It goes neither to my stockpile, nor to my nutriment machine. It just sits, and occasionally my workers pick it up and eat it raw. I have a 6 person colony right now, and hauling is enabled on all of them. Even tried setting one worker to only haul, they still just sit there.

Any ideas?

Rathlord

Disregard this. Apparently leaving them with only haul enabled for a little while allowed them to see it. Not sure what was going on before, but it may have just been me being stupid.

Mansen

Hauling is one of the lowest priorities for your colonists. If you need the food, guns, metal (or something entirely different) picked up and moved in a timely fashion, right click the object with a colonist selected and you can force them to prioritize that task (one time only - if there's an entire pile)

Rathlord

'Preciate the response, but:

Quote from: Rathlord on November 07, 2013, 07:37:41 PM
Even tried setting one worker to only haul, they still just sit there.

Spike

That is a bit odd.  Can you manually have them prioritize hauling it, by clicking on the food?  Are they blocked from getting to the stockpile, for some reason?

One thing I have been doing, for hauling - I use the default priority system most of the time.  But I also set the manual priorities with Hauling at the highest.  That way, when I have a bunch of stuff to move, I can toggle it to manual, let them carry things around, and then reset it to the default.

Rathlord

I'm thinking I just must have clicked something wrong the first time I tried to set it, because it's working fine now. Thanks, all!